shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
I have another ectopic. In the only tube I have left.
I really hadn''t prepared myself for that. My beta on Sat. was 4700, on Tues was almost 9000. So it increased as it should. The progesterone was low, which can signal an abnormal pregnancy. I went in this morning for an us. I had some blood work and go back when the results are back for the methotrexate. Like I said, with the low progesterone and spotting I was sort of expecting to miscarry, I wasn''t expecting an ectopic.

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
Blushing- I always took clomid on day 5-9, and ovulated on day 15 every time. I think if you take it day 3-7, I would start BD around day 10or 11.

Festy

Shiny_Rock
Tiffany, I am so so sorry to hear this. My heart goes out to you.

cara

Ideal_Rock
Oh tiffany, what horrible, horrible news. i hope the you are able to save the tube but am so sorry this pregnancy is not viable one.

blushing, i think i read a popular news article recently saying that every day was good for men with normal sperm count. volume goes down slightly with every day, but quality goes up (with the newly made swimmers) or something. So the lower volume with every day is only a concern for men that start out with lower volume. But if its marathon exhaustion he''s talking about, certainly EOD is almost as good as every day or you could do a 36 hr schedule if morning BD works for you two.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
tiffany, I''m so sorry.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Oh Tiffany, I am so, so sorry.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh tiffany i am so so sorry
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

If you are not ready to answer questions, feel free to ignore... When will you know if your tube is affected? What does this mean for the future? Gah I am so full of questions, but it is just because I care.

Big Hugs, I am so sorry!

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no Tiffany! I'm so sorry you have to go through this again.
39.gif
38.gif
It breaks my heart. I'll be praying for you and hoping that your tube is not affected by this.

Thanks for chimining in about my clomid question. I figured CD10 would be a good day to start.

Cara - thanks for the info on BDing. DH's sperm count is great so, we like to do EOD until I get a peak on my monitor and then doing it everyday.

Festy

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, Fisher, for asking after me...Swimmer too? I am laying low a bit, on CD 4, 2nd round of Clomid/IUI.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh, Tiffany I am so very sorry to hear that.
7.gif
My heart just breaks for you. Praying your tube can be saved.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Tiffany--
I''m so sorry to hear.
Praying your tube is not affected.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Tiffany - I''m so very sorry, that is beyond unfair. I hope that they can at least save the tube. You poor thing.

melz

Shiny_Rock
oh man. i''m so sorry tiff.
38.gif

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2009 11:03:35 AM
Author: tiffanytwisted
Blushing- I always took clomid on day 5-9, and ovulated on day 15 every time. I think if you take it day 3-7, I would start BD around day 10or 11.

Ditto Tiff to BB, I ovulate on the 13/14th when doing 3-7.

Oh Tiffany, since getting your email i''ve just been thinking of you and how much this sucks, Sending you so many hugs and so impressed with your strength. Pulling for that tube and you!

drk

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow Tiffany, why does lightening have to strike twice? Hope the methotrexate does the trick, and that your tube stays in good shape. And that the next time it''s not an ectopic. I''m glad you caught things early though, because you knew what to watch out for.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/9/2009 9:24:07 PM
Author: Laila619
I don''t know if this is accurate or not, but my doctor also told me if a woman is having a regular cycle every 26-32 days like clockwork, then she does not have PCOS. He said women with PCOS have cycles over 35 days, and/or do not even ovulate or have periods at all. Or they do but once every 3 months.

He is an older doctor (in his 60s) so he might just be old-school or not as up to date on newer methods/tests. I''m just going to stick it out with him until I can get a referral to a RE.
I just wanted to post that my cycles were always very irregular, if I had them at all. The average length was 5-6 weeks between periods, but there would be times that I would skip a month, or several months. The longest that I ever went was skipping 5 months of ovulating & periods earlier this year.

Also, my ultrasound showed the classic "string of pearls" type of ovarian cysts. When the tech did my ultrasound (she knew she was checking for PCOS) she said that the "string of pearls" image was a primary symptom of PCOS.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2009 11:01:51 AM
Author: tiffanytwisted
I have another ectopic. In the only tube I have left.
I really hadn''t prepared myself for that. My beta on Sat. was 4700, on Tues was almost 9000. So it increased as it should. The progesterone was low, which can signal an abnormal pregnancy. I went in this morning for an us. I had some blood work and go back when the results are back for the methotrexate. Like I said, with the low progesterone and spotting I was sort of expecting to miscarry, I wasn''t expecting an ectopic.
Tiffany, what awful news. I''m so sorry to hear that.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tiffany, I am so sorry to hear about your ectopic pregnancy. I hope good news comes your way soon.

Fisher, thank you for your encouraging words. Each of the cycles that I don''t get pregnant is disappointing even though I know the statistics. I think the truly difficult part for me is that I''m generally pretty emotional right before AF so I''m especially upset by that BFN. I usually recover and "get back on the horse" in a couple of days when the hormones no longer have a grip on me. My brother and his girlfriend are having a baby in December and I can''t explain how excited I am. That ought to hold me over for a little while ;-)

Dreamer, thanks for the (much needed) reality check. It is good to be reminded that it is NORMAL for it to take several tries to get pregnant. Not that it diminishes the disappointment you feel when you aren''t but it''s definitely good to come back down to earth every now and then and realize what we''re going through is what most couples deal with when TTC.

As far as premature testing, I feel like there is a fine line. I think we know our bodies better than anyone and, especially when charting, can tell when something isn''t right. If there''s a potential issue, I see no reason to wait to test. This coming from a woman who''s sure she has low progesterone and LPD after one month of "sort of" charting.
2.gif

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Tiffany, I am so sorry to hear the news. Fingers crossed for you that everything works out.

To conribute to the discussion as to women who get pregnant first try - I went off the pill last September and immediately started charting while we used condoms for prevention. Decided to start trying last April. I am in the middle of my 5th cycle (10 DPO with a BFN this morning). My cycles range from 27 to 33 days on average with a clear, thermal shift every month. I ovulate anywhere from day 14 to day 17. My Luteal Phase is anywhere from 13 - 16 days. I always get positive OPKs and have very well timed BD. I am 36 years old, DH is 39.

So yeah, I believe those who get pregnant right away are definitely the exception and not the norm.

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Tiffany, I'm so very sorry.
8.gif
I'm so sad for you that it happened again. Sending prayers for you, and hoping your tube ends up OK.

NewShiny, I'm sorry about your dad's diagnosis, but I'm glad it looks like it was caught early!! I'll be praying for him and you too as he fights this battle!

NewShiny

Shiny_Rock
Tiffany, I''m so sorry.

Just talked to my mom. The surgery is over and went well. Thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Newshiny - glad the surgery went well.

Everyone - now is a good time for all of us TTC to think about getting the Flu Shot.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Oh Tiffany...I am so terribly sorry
7.gif
7.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Tiffany,

I'm so incredibly sorry that you're going through this. Gosh, I have such a lump in my throat... wishing there was something we could do for you. We've been sending up prayer after prayer for you and your hubby, and I'm holding out hope that you'll have no tube issues. Things sometimes just don't make sense. They just don't. Love on that pup of yours and know that all of us here are thinking of you and looking forward to your brighter days. Because there will be brighter days, and they will come sooner than later.

Shiny,

Missed that your father was sick. Cancer is such a stealer of joy, but there's hope in finding it early. Yay for the surgery going well. Will he start chemo or are they going to do more testing first? Praying for him, and your family right now. My mother in law was diagnosed with cancer 10/2008, and after 8 courses of chemo, she's regaining strength and is happily waiting out the days until she can be proclaimed to be in remission. As of today, she's been free of any cancer cells for over 4 months! Thinking good thoughts for your dad, girl!

Blushing,

I take clomid CD 3-7, and I ovulate between CD 14 (that was the first time on it) and CD 20 (but that was when I got sick and vomited up the pill on day three of taking it, and had to tack another day on...), but my average is CD 16-17. I'm a late ovulator, so it moved me up quite a bit. Good luck with it... hoping for NO side effects for you.

Festy,

Well, onward to a new cycle, right? This time, maybe we'll get to be due date buddies.
9.gif
Thinking happy thoughts for you, and totally understanding the "laying low" side of things... I'm there with you on the first few days of a new cycle. Time to regroup, all that fun stuff. Are you going to increase the clomid or increase to being monitored more while on it, or keep it as it has been? I worry that so much monitoring would make me a nervous wreck, myself. But it would be good know that the stuff is actually doing something and not just making me have crosshairs and a raised temperature on a whim (I read somewhere, maybe on here, that CM, OPKs, and temp shifts can all happen without the release of an egg!! Say it's not so! What are we all doing with all this analysis stuff, then??). All I know is these stubborn to come along kids of ours will have some explaining to do one day....
2.gif

Sha

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry, tiffany.....
7.gif
I could imagine how disappointing and upsetting it must''ve been to hear that news.
8.gif
I hope your tube will be okay.

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
NewShiny -- YAAAY for the surgery being over and going well!! Fantastic news.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
NewShiny- I''m so glad the surgery went well. I hope he has a quick recovery.

Thank you everyone. You have no idea how much I appreciate your thoughts and concern. I haven''t told anyone IRL (other than my boss, since I didn''t go to work today and won''t be going tomorrow), so it''s really nice to have people to talk to and commiserate with. I''m sure I''ll tell people I just haven''t felt up to it yet.
I had the methotrexate shot today, and rhogam since I am O-, dh is O+. I go for a repeat hcg on Monday, and then on Thursday. They want the hcg to have decreased by 15% and if it hasn''t then another dose of methotrexate. (Although if it hasn''t decreased by then I might be inclined to opt for the surgical option.) I''m really quite nervous that it will rupture but this is 6wk2d and last time was 8wk5d so that''s reassuring. I didn''t really ask what''s next as far as checking out the tube, I suppose I could do another hsg although I''ve had two of those and both times the right tube was open, so I don''t really know if that would tell us much. I did ask today if we should even try again and he said ivf would probalby be our best route but if I wanted to do injects/iui again he would. It''s a little early for me to think about that though.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tiffany, I hope everything goes as well as it can go from this point forward. Take all the time you need to heal and regroup, lean on your hubby, maybe do something special together. Snuggle your puppies!

All the best, your friend Dreamer.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results