shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC for 6 Months or More Thread

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
LV, no, I didn't think you were trying to dash my hopes, believe me. It was just good for me to be reminded that the lines on the FRER only mean there is HCG in my system, and I should not put much stock in how dark they are because it's impossible to know whether my beta is increasing appropriately based on the FRERs. That's all I meant.

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
mp, I've been out of town for the weekend and I'm so bummed to come back and read your update. I really hope you get some unambiguous results on Thursday. Big hugs. This is such a tough process.

lc, big hugs to you too and I hope your procedure goes smoothly.

lv, I hope your lining check and transfer go well. Interesting that your FET prep is only 3 weeks, mine is more like 6 when you include all the time on OCPs.

jgator, so glad your procedure went well and you have a plan going forward. I hope you get lucky soon.

rt, so sorry about your mom and needing to spend the IUI money on plane tickets. It really is unfair that this medical condition is not covered by so many insurance companies.

tbaus, nice to see you again even though I'm so sorry for what you've been through. Wishing you lots of luck and strength.

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
MP, thinking of you. Is your next beta tomorrow, Wednesday? Still holding out hope for a miracle.

SB, when is your next FET?

LC, thinking of you. I really hope this resolves much quicker than your last one. So sorry this is happening to you again. Totally not fair.

LV, thanks for posting your FET details. I will be thinking of you on the 26th, and I really hope this is your sticky healthy baby.

RT, thinking of you. Are you with your Mom now?

AFM, my nurse is on vacation, and it looks like my RE office (backup nurse) forgot about me. They never called after the surgery. The nurse from the surgery location called the day after the procedure to see if I was okay and said to check in with my nurse for next steps. I never called, and they never called me so I guess I'm rogue. I stopped BCP on Saturday and AF arrived on Sunday. I figure I will call them on CD1 of my next cycle for IUI instructions if I don't hear from them before that. I was feeling fine last week, but am feeling really crampy and bloaty now - hoping it's just AF. My work trip is Thursday to Friday, and then we leave for vacation Saturday. I also have my annual OB/Gyn visit on Thursday AM so I guess I can get checked out then if I'm still feeling off. We are renting a cottage in Maine for a week so it should be relaxing. I assume I will O toward the end of the vacation - started temping again and will take the OPKs too.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
JGator, hoping the bloating and cramping is AF related and goes away soon. I think that's a good plan for"this cycle and to call them if necessary when CD1 arrives. Wouldn't it be great if it didn't?! Hope the work trip goes okay and isn't too hard on your family, and your family vacation sounds great. I hope it is nice and relaxing. My beta isn't until Thursday. I'm praying for a miracle as well, but I'm trying to stay detached and assume the worst (emphasis on trying), otherwise, I'm going to drive myself crazy with the emotional rollercoaster. I feel like this wait is just delaying the inevitable letdown I'm going to have. I don't even think of myself as pregnant at this point, which tells me this is probably not going well. I was so attached to the idea of being pregnant right from the start last time and was so aware of it. I'm not sure that even makes sense.

SB, thanks. Yeah, I was hoping I'd have some good news this weekend to pull this thread out of the dumps, but unfortunately that wasn't the case :( And thanks, that is my biggest hope for Thursday as well. I'm just hoping that if this pregnancy is going to fail, it will be clear from my betas on Thursday. Interesting you have a 6 week protocol for FET. I wonder why the big discrepancy. I liked LV's three week timeframe a lot better! I'll have to find out how my RE does it, once I figure out what's going on with this pregnancy.

How's everybody else doing?

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
Hey ladies,

I probably won't be able to get to see my mom until labor day. Even with the iui money I still need to take C and he requires a plane ticket of his own now :((

Just trying to take advantage of my fertile week with DH right now. I should ovulate in the new few days and we've been bd-ing eod.

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
lc, did you have your surgery today, or is it tomorrow? Thinking about you.

JGator, Hope it's just AF. Maine sounds wonderful!

mp, More hugs! It sucks so much to be in the dark. Did you even make an appointment for a 7 week visit for an us? I hope the betas will give you a clearer picture.

RT, Hang in there, and good luck with the flight. Isn't it baffling how the airline think 2 years old is some magical number? It was the most expensive luggage seat I've bought.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Random, oops for some reason I thought you meant you went to be with your mom last week. I hope you are able to be with her soon. That must be so, so hard. Good luck this month. It's high time for a change in fortune for you I'd say.

Choro, hi. How are things going with you? I hope that your body can finally go back to normal now. It must be so hard feeling like you've been out of the game for so long after having a loss.

And thanks for the good wishes. On Saturday morning, before they knew my second beta didn't double, they had said, I would come in 12 days later for an ultrasound. But with the non-doubling beta, they wanted me to come back in for just a blood test 5 days later (which is tomorrow). HPTs are telling me my betas are still probably rising (although I'm pretty convinced not quickly enough), so I have a feeling I'll still need an ultrasound to find out what's going on, and to make sure it implanted in my uterus (and not somewhere else).

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Just thought I'd give you ladies an update. My beta this morning was 600, so the doubling rate from Saturday is less than 40 hours, and the nurse said the RE was pleased with the increase. But you guys know me, I'm still concerned because that seems awfully low for 20dpo. Just going to keep praying this little baby is a fighter.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh, MP, that's wonderful news! All you can do is take it day by day at this point, which would be the same regardless of the numbers, really! I am very happy for you!!

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
ETA: That's awesome MP!! I'll continue to send all the good thoughts and prayers I can come up with your way!!

Hey ladies, it's been quite the week so far!
On top of ttc, my best friend was almost killed by a drunk driver 2 nights ago. He was driving the wrong way down the interstate and missed her car by an inch. The guy drove 12 miles the wrong way before he eventually crashed and totaled his car. He made it and we found out the reason it happened was that his 4week old preemie had passed away in the hospital so I've been having that all kind of messing with my head and stressing me out a bit.

My mother's medication has been changed as well. They are completely took her off of her blood clot medication and she recently had a pulmonary embolism so that is really worrying me. Her blood was too thin and interacting with her new medicine so that is why. She's having a new scan of her cancer the first week in September so we will know more what is going on with that then as well.

Also, a good friend of mine, I love her to death. She's tried about 6 IVFs, 4 IUIs and multiple surgeries now and had a few miscarriages as well. She got a surprise BFP a few days ago but lost the baby last night. She said a few things, most likely facetiously that made her family concerned so they admitted her to a psych ward. I'm trying to keep in touch with her as much as I can via phone. I just feel so freaking horrible for her. She hasn't been able to have any children yet and is also dealing with having cancer. She's the same age as me (30).

I just have so many thoughts and things going on that I missed a night of bd-ing the other night :(( My chart is insanely wacky as well but it looks like I will be surging in the next day or two so I need to just clear my head and get to it!

10609437_10100276353768270_6098084026495955292_n.jpg

10568974_10100276353803200_7727280316228495052_n.jpg

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
MP, I'm sending you all the baby sticky dust I can! I *soooo* want this for you guys! Dust dust dust and lots of prayers headed to you!

RT, oh my goodness my friend, what a crazy few weeks. Hoping everything calms down for you soon. Dust for your mom's health and hoping you get some great timing in this week.

Choro, my procedure was on Tuesday. Been taking it easy and working from home this week.

JGator, what a wonderful and relaxing vacation! Hope you guys enjoy yourself and the beautiful outdoors out there!

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
MP, a huge congrats on a doubling beta! Go baby MP! Sending truck loads of growth dust to your baby.

RT, so sorry about all the horrible things happening to the people you love.

LC, take it easy. I'm glad the procedure is behind you and I hope your body is able to get back to normal quickly as you mentally recover from this. Hugs, my friend.

AFM, today is my work trip and then vacation is on Saturday. Wish me luck, and K luck without me tonight and tomorrow. I told her to be nice to Daddy. She said, yes, but I don't think she gets that I'm actually leaving her for a day and a half.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
monkeyprincess|1408634333|3736828 said:
Just thought I'd give you ladies an update. My beta this morning was 600, so the doubling rate from Saturday is less than 40 hours, and the nurse said the RE was pleased with the increase. But you guys know me, I'm still concerned because that seems awfully low for 20dpo. Just going to keep praying this little baby is a fighter.

((*Yayyyy....MP!!*)) Just delurking to say I'm cautiously hopeful for you...I've been reading this thread and rooting for you and the other ladies on here. (I guess/hope? you and some of the others would remember me? I''m ok - been lurking as this thread moves so fast-I can't keep up) Wishing you a sticky fighting baby. The 'ups and downs' in your posts remind me a lot of your pregnancy with your DS.

RT - how horrible!! Horrible, horrible.... :( :( :( It's so sad that some people have to go through so much. I'm sorry to hear about your mom too. You really have had a lot on your plate lately. :|

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Thanks all for the good thoughts, dust and prayers! I'm going to need them! DH was so sweet and stayed home this morning with me until I got the call (I worked from home because I was too scared to get the call at work if it was bad news). Unbeknownst to me, he had put together this whole spreadsheet involving a logarithm or something way above my head, trying to figure out what levels we should expect. We're both trying to stay cautiously optimistic, and all we can do is pray that this little one is healthy and growing.

Random, gosh, I don't even know what to say. I'm so sorry about, well, everything. I'll keep you and your loved ones in my thoughts.

JGator, good luck! I hope K takes it easy on your DH, and it's not too hard on you being away. It's only one night at least. How are feeling? I hope the cramping and bloating is gone. If you aren't able to check in before then, I hope you have a great vacation!

LC, hugs. Take good care of yourself, my friend. I'm glad to hear you are at least able to work from home and take it easy.

LV, thanks. And you're right, even if my numbers were more reassuring, there's still no guarantees at this stage, so I'd be a nervous wreck no matter what. How are you doing? I hope everything is still on track for your FET next week. I have a really good feeling about this!

Sha, oh wow! Thanks so much checking in. Of course I remember you, and I wondered not too long ago what had become of you. Glad to hear you are doing okay. You are right; both of my pregnancies have gotten off to pretty dramatic starts. Hopefully, that's a good omen for this one.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think 600 is great! And a doubling time of less than 40 hours is awesome! I've never had that.

Maybe your beta didn't quite double the first time because one of the embryos didn't implant, or implanted but was lost. That could also explain the spotting you had. My RE says that could slow a beta temporarily. In any case, I don't think you have to worry, I think you have a healthy baby in there!! I am so happy for you and your DH! Grow baby, grow!

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
monkeyprincess|1408648146|3737006 said:
Thanks all for the good thoughts, dust and prayers! I'm going to need them! DH was so sweet and stayed home this morning with me until I got the call (I worked from home because I was too scared to get the call at work if it was bad news). Unbeknownst to me, he had put together this whole spreadsheet involving a logarithm or something way above my head, trying to figure out what levels we should expect. We're both trying to stay cautiously optimistic, and all we can do is pray that this little one is healthy and growing.
/quote]

Wow sounds like you have a pretty amazing DH :bigsmile:

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
MP, yay for a great beta! Laila is right that a doubling time of less than 40 hours is awesome, and I love her idea about why your 2nd beta might have been not quite double the 1st one. Just think, only 4 more days (less in reality) and you should be able to see something on an ultrasound. Did your RE schedule one for you next week?

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Laila619|1408648906|3737020 said:

I think 600 is great! And a doubling time of less than 40 hours is awesome! I've never had that.

Maybe your beta didn't quite double the first time because one of the embryos didn't implant, or implanted but was lost. That could also explain the spotting you had. My RE says that could slow a beta temporarily. In any case, I don't think you have to worry, I think you have a healthy baby in there!! I am so happy for you and your DH! Grow baby, grow!

MP, yay!!!! I had not given up hope and I am so happy to hear your new beta!!! I agree with laila, that it is possible that you had two but lost one. That happened to a friend of mine and her betas were a little wacky in the beginning due to that. Hoping for continued good news! :appl:

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Yay, MP! That's wonderful news! Continued sticky dust coming your way. I'm so happy for you. :appl:

Sending a big hug to you & all the other lovely ladies here.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Awesome beta, MP!!! I hope and pray that you will be fine!! Remember, betas doubling every 48 hrs is mostly the norm if there is a healthy pregnancy, but of course there are variations, and everyone's body is different!!! Stick baby, stick!!!

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Stick baby, stick!!!!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
RT, a BFP for you?!? Hooray! Post pic, and sticky dust for you too!

MP, will you be going in for an U/S this week? Still sending you sticky baby dust!

AFM, Had my first cocktail again last night. Then proceeded to have 4 or 5 more :lickout: . LOL. Celebrating our friend moving/promotion, so it was good company etc.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Rnadom, good luck this cycle!

LC, argh, it sucks that you even have the option of drinking right now, but since you can't change that fact unfortunately, I'm glad you at least tried to enjoy yourself. I hope that the next few weeks are easy on you.

Thanks again for the good wishes, everyone! For those who were wondering, I'm supposed to have more bloodwork and an ultrasound on Thursday. I've been taking HPTs most mornings, and now that the test line is darker than the control, I don't think they are that helpful anymore. I guess I'm waiting for the control line to disappear? That's all that could happen at this point to reassure me. My anxiety is pretty much through the roof. I'll feel good for a little while, and then I'll read something that convinces me that I'm either going to have a blighted ovum or be measuring behind due to my lower levels. Even if all looks as expected on Thursday, I'm going to be on edge for several more weeks. I wish it didn't have to be this way, but just in case it doesn't sound like it, I'm incredibly grateful that for today, I'm pregnant.

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
lliang_chi|1408978495|3738951 said:
RT, a BFP for you?!? Hooray! Post pic, and sticky dust for you too!

No nothing THAT exciting!! I've been waiting what feels like forever to ovulate on my first cycle post-op. I finally got a positive ovulation test today. For reference on how crazy my cycle has been, here is my chart lol

screen_shot_2014-08-25_at_10.png

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Oops, RT, I should have read closer! You did in fact say OPK. Well, hooray anyway, hoping you get some amazing luck this cycle!

MP, Dear friend, you must take a step back and stop worrying. It's likely increasing your stress and and heart rate & blood pressure. I know it sounds so trite and impossible, but it's absolutely no good for you or the baby(ies). You're pregnant!!!! You're totally pregnant!!!! Take that blessing for now and we'll just wait patiently with you until Thursday. You have so much sticky baby dust from all of us here. And did I mention YOU"RE TOTALLY FREAKING PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
LC, thanks. And yes, I know you're right. My obsessing about all the possible outcomes doesn't change that what will be will be. I think after trying for a year and a half and coming up empty even after 6 IUIs, I just have come to expect the worst, so it's hard to be hopeful even when I get good news. And even the good news is a bit of a mixed bag because my levels started off low and were doubling slow, so I think it is still touch and go at this point. I am sure you can relate. Once you struggle with infertility or pregnancy loss, it's hard to let yourself be too excited, so you do what you have to do to protect yourself. I hate that it has to be this way. I'm so jealous of the people who see a positive test and feel excited and hopeful rather than anxious and terrified of everything that could go wrong. I hope you are doing alright this week at least physically.

LV, thinking of you. Is today the big day? Sending you tons of good thoughts and prayers!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
MP, Yes, I totally know what you mean and I totally understand why you're so anxious. And I really wish getting and staying pregnant were walks in the parks for us, so of course we'll be more anxious. So I totally get why you're trying to protect yourself a little from the heartache. But while you're here, and totally KTFU ( :appl: ) you have to take some time for yourself and at least try relax, meditate or just slow down even for a few minutes. The worrying and anxiety cannot be good. It's hard to do so, but it's worth a shot. Maybe take 5 mins after Ev goes down and just sit with some tea or something and just think about something good, something that makes you happy or something funny. I know it sounds totally corny, but it was something I tried to do this last pregnancy, and am doing now after our loss. And I'm still so so happy for you!

LV, thinking of you this week. For some reason I want to say your FET was scheduled for Thurs, but I know it's this week! :appl:

RT, hope you caught that eggie!

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
LV, good luck today. I hope you get your forever baby/embie today.

MP, I totally get it, but try to stay "cautiously optimistic". That's what I did with K after my loss. But, I really sighed a breath of relief at around the 12 week mark. Every day is a day closer to your dream, and every day AF stays away is a good sign too.

LC, glad you were able to relax with friends.

RT, hope you caught a good egg!

AFM, we are in Maine. It's been hotter than I expected during the day, but we are stil having a nice time. K did great on the 1.5 hour flight - I think her ears hurt when we were descending, but that's the only time she cried. I think I have had lobster every day so far - last night I had 1, the night before 2. The prices are unbelievable - like $10.99 for one or $14.99 for 2 lobsters! We are planning to take K blueberry picking today. No sign of a positive OPK, but I am only on CD 10. Oh, and K and DH survived my trip last week. She was up late and had McDonalds for dinner, but survived without me without any scratches!

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
Feeling slightly murdery today. Today is ovulation day, got my positive opk yesterday morning. Figured we would bd after we put C to bed last night. I fell asleep. DH fell asleep. I woke up around midnight freaking out that we had to have sex. He was too tired and basically shooed me away. I lost my shiz on him this morning. My timing is awful this cycle and it makes me so mad that our best time to try on our own is august, september and october. Here's my chart. *sits in the corner grumbling*'

_416.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results