Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

The nitty gritty: help me pick between 2 stones

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jimmerson

Rough_Rock
All other things being equal (because they truly are), would you rather have a stone that is 1.25 F/VVS2 or 1.33 G/VS2. The 1.33 is $400 cheaper.

Essentially, what I'm asking is whether it's worth paying a premium for F over G and for VVS over VS?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2007 11:18:45 PM
Author:jimmerson
All other things being equal (because they truly are), would you rather have a stone that is 1.25 F/VVS2 or 1.33 G/VS2. The 1.33 is $400 cheaper.

Essentially, what I''m asking is whether it''s worth paying a premium for F over G and for VVS over VS?
1.33 G VS2, you won''t see the difference in color, and it''s cheaper.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
If it''s a well-cut round brilliant...I would go even farther and get the 1.5 I/SI, but if it''s a fancy shape I would go with a G/H SI combo. I really don''t see the purpose of paying for higher clarity that is not eye-visible.

johnnyj11

Rough_Rock
I''d probably go with the G/VS2. If it''s cheaper AND bigger, and still very high quality, it sounds like the better value to me.

What''s the polish/symm?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Vintage OEC Bracelet
    Vintage OEC Bracelet
    June’s Birthstone Trinity
    June’s Birthstone Trinity
    Memorial Day Jewelry 2020
    Memorial Day Jewelry 2020

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.