shape
carat
color
clarity

The Newest Member of the Family from JbEG

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First and foremost I can't say enough great things about Grace.. she is so patient and giving of her time. I am so grateful to have had an opportunity to work with her.

My new Transistional is home in a temporary setting... I have discovered a few things while only wearing it for a few hours...

1.81 ct M VS1

1. I more than ever understand the LOVE of old cuts. While my RB is a beautiful stone.. this one has a character and fire to it all it's own. The flashes of the facets are just something very specail..

2. You really have to OPEN your mind to warmer colors... this diamond is an M and it's just simply beautiful.. The warmth indoors and the bright beautiful colors outdoors are just fabulous.

3. The difference in width of this stone 7.92 x 7.72 gives it the slightest cushion/oval effect when looking from the top down..which is so nice. Now to decide in the forever home which way to set it. I didn't notice it when I saw it in the little spring ring holder.. now that it's set.. it's so nice.. I love that!

So.. just in time for a little show and tell (I'm in 3rd grade again :appl: ).... the sun came out in Florida.. which we haven't seen in a week... :appl:

Grace... Thank you! :love: :love: :love:

IMG_1660.JPG

IMG_1649.JPG

IMG_1650.JPG

IMG_1658.JPG

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And one of the family all together taking on a little sunshine :love: :love:

IMG_1656.JPG

IMG_1653.JPG

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl: I can't believe it's M color! And those facets!!! :love: :love: :love:
More pictures please!!!
:wavey:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
G :love: RGE :love: US!!!

How lovely to have such a nice family to love!!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's BEAUTIFUL :love:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous! Those "M"s can really sneak up on you and steal your heart can't they. :appl:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Mayk, it's absolutely gorgeous!!! :love: :love: :love: I agree with you, Grace helped me with my purchase and she was so nice, helpful and pleasant to work with - and I also agree with you that there is just something so special about these older cuts - each one is so unique and amazing to look at - your stone is just beautiful, and I love the temp setting too, I think it looks great! Congratulations and welcome to the wonderful world of old cuts! :D :appl:

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stunning!!! How will you set it permanently?

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara, Junebug, Catmom, Enerchi, Purplesilk and Brightice...THANK YOU... I am really enjoying it...

Look as though my setting will be from Sareen Jewelry. Still deciding on the metal but I will have milgrain on the bezel and some engraving on the shanks/band. It's a few months off so I haven't asked for CAD's yet.. poor Adam.. I have him working on changing my five stone.. That man deserves a medal!

http://www.sareenjewelry.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=45&product_id=132

http://www.emmaparkerdiamonds.com/bridal-and-anniversary/engagement-rings/bezel-set-engagement-rings/bezel-set-solitaire-engagement-ring-by-sareen-jewelry.php

In the end.. I have really enjoyed working with Tim Andre at Emma Parker and Adam at Sareen.. and so I am sticking with a good thing. Not to mention the price is very good... for my purposes... Adam made my engagement ring, wedding bands and my five stone... so I know his work and I'm a fan.

The cool thing is Grace saw Adam's designs in Vegas and said this bezel setting is "TDF"... :love:

I will ask him to send me the model setting when I get closer.. I will take pictures... and post. Since I haven't seen it in real life this could change but right now after hours of studying this is where I'm thinking I will go....

I did look at the Sholdt setting that was recommended but in the end I felt it was too heavy for what I wanted.

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
What a pretty stone! :love: Can't wait to see how you set it permanently!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!!

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Lovely! I'm hopin' for more pics ::)

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the temp setting honestly! And the stone is FANTASTIC! Congrats!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Your transitional is stunning! :love: Congratulations on your new, beautiful ring! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS! And I love the family shot! Droolworthy.

The bezel setting you linked to is beautiful.

Out of curiosity--is this an EGL M or a GIA M?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
stunning, I wouldn't be able to even tell it is an M. All I see is sparkle!!! congrats on your new beauty! :love: :love: :appl: :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!!! I love your stone! :love: I also think it looks great in the solitaire! (This place is veeeeery dangerous. :naughty: )

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1339452843|3214069 said:
Wow!!! I love your stone! :love: I also think it looks great in the solitaire! (This place is veeeeery dangerous. :naughty: )

I agree...what an amazing stone!!!! :love:
and this place is very dangerous. :cheeky:

Wear in health and happiness MayK!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haven|1339450699|3214055 said:
GORGEOUS! And I love the family shot! Droolworthy.

The bezel setting you linked to is beautiful.

Out of curiosity--is this an EGL M or a GIA M?

Haven... Thank you!!! Believe it or not it is an EGL USA M.... I know I'm amazed too. Interesting an Antique Jeweler here said when I told her the stone I had decided one.. she she was a bit snobby.. she says.. it will be brown and not pretty... guess she was WRONG. I will drop by there in the future to window shop.. :devil:

DS, Skippy, Armywife, Deco, Missy & Sniklefritz.. thank you so much... Honestly I am really enjoying the solitaire as I have never had one.. my only thought was this is going to be primarily a right hand ring.. do I look silly with a solitaire setting on my right hand? Also thinking to sometimes wear it on my left.. so having flexibility in a simple bezel setting of a right hand ring or on my left.

I will try and get some more pictures. I am trying to get a few indoors that capture how it warms up... I took it to Fresh Market this afternoon.. WOOZA.. in those lights at the fish counter!!! :love:

When I get the sample setting to look at I will post a survey.. and we can all vote...

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful diamond!!! All of your rings are amazing! Congrats on the newest bling :love:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the color. It is just perfect.

Take pictures in Fresh Market! My favorite shots (and videos!) are from our local Israeli grocery store. They have the best lighting! :cheeky:
I'm still mustering up the courage to take pictures of my rings in the gym. There's this one spot right by the free weights that is AMAZING. But it's always packed with young guys grunting and throwing barbells around, so I feel like it would be a dangerous endeavor. One of these days . . .

I can't wait to see how you set it. I'd be so distracted by this stone!

ETA: And that antique jeweler sounds like she doesn't know what she's talking about!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Wow, gorgeous stone!

InnaR

Shiny_Rock
Mayk,
That is a gorgeous stone. I was considering it even posted a poll between it and the 2.2 OEC I ended up with. I guess, i was not the only one who considered them, becasue Erica/Grace even made a video with both yours and mine stones side by side!

I'm glad you love it and it looks amazing on your hand! It does look much more white than M!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Absolutely beautiful! :love:

audball

Ideal_Rock
Mayk! You're in FL!?! Whereabouts? I'm in FL! If we're not far apart we could meet up for you to see my Sholdt in person :)

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
audball|1339511643|3214557 said:
Mayk! You're in FL!?! Whereabouts? I'm in FL! If we're not far apart we could meet up for you to see my Sholdt in person :)

We need a FL GTG!!! I am in NE Florida just south of Jacksonville...

audball

Ideal_Rock
Mayk|1339511797|3214560 said:

YES YES YES!!! I don't know how many other posters we have in FL. I know wakingdreams is in the Miami area. I'm in the TampaBay area, but I have family in the Gainesville area so I'm up that way fairly frequently! Hmm.....

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
audball|1339511912|3214561 said:

YES YES YES!!! I don't know how many other posters we have in FL. I know wakingdreams is in the Miami area. I'm in the TampaBay area, but I have family in the Gainesville area so I'm up that way fairly frequently! Hmm.....

OH.. there is an antique jewelry store there.. I've seen their things listed on ebay... it could be a fun day! :naughty:

audball

Ideal_Rock
Mayk|1339512031|3214562 said:

OH.. there is an antique jewelry store there.. I've seen their things listed on ebay... it could be a fun day! :naughty:
There is! And I've been there, they have some lovely pieces and the nicest sales staff. Would be super fun!! Jax is only a 4 hours drive from here.... :Up_to_something:

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
audball|1339512364|3214565 said:
Mayk|1339512031|3214562 said:

There is! And I've been there, they have some lovely pieces and the nicest sales staff. Would be super fun!! Jax is only a 4 hours drive from here.... :Up_to_something:

G'ville only 1.5 hours west of me...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results