shape
carat
color
clarity

The Newbie Found One More Stone - Please Advise!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

goldilocks

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for your help with our first two stones. It made us go look at a few more shops and we found one more stone after all and would really appreciate your thoughts on this one!!!!

ok here goes...i hope i am classifying these under the right headings:

round brilliant measuring 5.81-5.84 * 3.61 mm
carat = 0.752
color = AGS 1.5 (G)
clarity = AGS 4 (VS2)
cut = AGS Ideal 0 (polish symmetry and proportion all ideal)
crown angle = 34.7
table angle = 40.9
table = 55 %
total depth = 62.0 %
crown depth = 15.5 %
faceted = 1.0 - 1.9 %
pavilion depth = 43.1% (the bottom 2/3 of the diamond is pavilion i think)
fluorescence = inert

they are asking USD 3540. is this a good price? is this a good stone? it seem pretty sparkly.

can anyone tell me what inert fluorescence means?
thank you!!!!!

AnnaMagdalena

Rough_Rock
Hi goldilocks,
This stone scores HCA 1.3 using the info you provided. Crown and pavilion angles are more accurate than %'s, and there's no culet info so I just plugged in a zero.

Light return: ex
Fire: ex
Scintillation: ex
Spread: vg
overall ex

Oh, actually where you wrote "faceted 1.0-1.9" I'm not sure what that means or what diff that will make. Experts??

Looks like a good stone but I did a search on this site and found .75 G VS2's with prices starting at 2370 USD.

I hope that helps a little. Good luck!
Anna Magdalena
wavey.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Inert fluorescence means nil or very slight.

The stone has very nice numbers and should be a very good performer... The price is high, but if you're buying locally it still is good... Stones on the net are sold for much less than in B+M shops...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results