shape
carat
color
clarity

The new where to look for a decent price halo setting!

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
ok, now that I'm 80% sure of keeping the stone I need you girls to work the magic and make me keep my setting too.
Is it normal to just get a setting that you like but can't stop thinking about the other one?
Should I change the setting to a halo setting? besides the WF one is there anywhere I can find a good price with decent quality ring as well?
Thanks for all the helps and inputs gals~~ <3

slg47

Ideal_Rock
minmin I LOVE your original setting. Everything about your original ring is perfect!!! plus if you get a halo that would just draw attention to your ring.

OCgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I think it's perfectly normal to be looking at other settings (or even other diamonds :naughty: ). After many MONTHS of thinking and teeth pulling and decision changes I decided to pick a solitaire setting (with a pave wedding band). I am second-guessing my decision every other day since I got the ring. I was debating between a pave and a solitaire for the longest time.

I guess at the end of the day I would go back and think about why I picked the setting after much consideration (I realized a solitaire setting looks the most classic & timeless to me). I also tell myself to give it some time (I just got my ring too) to wear it, look at it, "feel" it to see how it goes. I think you can always change your setting if you want, so there's really no hurry.

With that said, my mom is considering a halo setting and her budget is TIGHT (~$1k). I saw a few good options on James Allen. You can probably look there :)

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
slg47|1305761275|2925242 said:
minmin I LOVE your original setting. Everything about your original ring is perfect!!! plus if you get a halo that would just draw attention to your ring.

wow that was easy... :blackeye:
thanks for the magic lol

nfowife

Brilliant_Rock
I think you should keep the setting you have as-is. It is beautiful and complements your gorgeous stone so well!

I know it is hard not to feel guilty about spending so much on one item. I lost my e-ring 3 years ago and just replaced it (we lived overseas so were waiting until we moved back to the states to replace it, put the insurance $$ aside). At first I felt like maybe I didn't deserve another one the same size as my first, kind of "punishing" myself for losing it in the first place. Then I felt like I've lived without it for 3 years maybe I don't need a replacement, think of all the things I can do with the money. Plus although we are totally fine financially we do try to limit unnecessary spending and I am on a fixed weekly budget for random spending, etc. I stay home with my 3 kids. I even thought about gettting a really good fake! But after talking with my DH he felt that this is a one-time purchase that is a lifetime purchase- and that I should go ahead and get the ring I would love and not to worry or feel guilty about it.
So, I did. And I love it.

Just enjoy your beautiful ring! If in a few years when you are doing better financially you decide a halo is for you you can deal with that then. I loved halo settings and seriously considered them this time around. But in the end I felt like I would get tired of it as it has such a specific "look" and it is very blingy, too much for my everyday life at this moment IMO. So for now I am without halo. I might get a halo RHR down the road but for my e-ring I really love what I have and yours is also very beautiful!!

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
nfowife|1305762007|2925257 said:
I think you should keep the setting you have as-is. It is beautiful and complements your gorgeous stone so well!

I know it is hard not to feel guilty about spending so much on one item. I lost my e-ring 3 years ago and just replaced it (we lived overseas so were waiting until we moved back to the states to replace it, put the insurance $$ aside). At first I felt like maybe I didn't deserve another one the same size as my first, kind of "punishing" myself for losing it in the first place. Then I felt like I've lived without it for 3 years maybe I don't need a replacement, think of all the things I can do with the money. Plus although we are totally fine financially we do try to limit unnecessary spending and I am on a fixed weekly budget for random spending, etc. I stay home with my 3 kids. I even thought about gettting a really good fake! But after talking with my DH he felt that this is a one-time purchase that is a lifetime purchase- and that I should go ahead and get the ring I would love and not to worry or feel guilty about it.
So, I did. And I love it.

Just enjoy your beautiful ring! If in a few years when you are doing better financially you decide a halo is for you you can deal with that then. I loved halo settings and seriously considered them this time around. But in the end I felt like I would get tired of it as it has such a specific "look" and it is very blingy, too much for my everyday life at this moment IMO. So for now I am without halo. I might get a halo RHR down the road but for my e-ring I really love what I have and yours is also very beautiful!!

nfowife, thank you very much for your story and you are completely right. I'll just love and enjoy my ring and let the rest take care of itself over time.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results