shape
carat
color
clarity

The new Official LIW List!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

metaphor85

Rough_Rock
Can you add me to the list? Pretty please?
1.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Welcome lilmaria, equestrienne and metaphor85!
35.gif

I hope you enjoy your stay, and may it be short!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for adding us new girls to the list! I feel like I''m an official LIW now.
9.gif

BlueEyes81

Rough_Rock
It doesn''t look like I''ll be here long (he has the ring!), but please put me on the list. Thanks!

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
35.gif
35.gif

Hi there, and welcome to Metaphor85 and BlueEyes81! May your stay be short.
9.gif

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
welcome to the newbies!!!

oh man - now that the list is updated I''m in the upper half!! Hopefully all of us ladies in the upper half will have some good progress in the next couple of months!

W2W

Rough_Rock
Hi. Add me please.
37.gif

Honeyfly

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I have come to the Ladies in Waiting thread as advised by Wren, so I may as well jump on your list as well! Currently spending a LOT of time looking at everything to do with rings!
36.gif

SeattleSparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Also, Shia, #42, is engaged and can be taken off the list!!

kissmyasscher

Rough_Rock
I''m a lurker no more! :)

Add me to the list!

9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

swt_acacia

Rough_Rock
Hi, please add me to the list! I am new here & looking for some support. I''ll post more about myself soon...

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/19/2006 1:10:58 PM
Author: metaphor85
Can you add me to the list? Pretty please?
1.gif
I LOVE your avatar. That is my favorite movie. Me and my girls watch it over and over and over again. Kip and La Fawnduh. What a couple. You know we watched it about ten times before ever seeing the wedding at the end!

delphi

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone!

I got engaged a couple of Saturdays ago at a spa lodge! It was really romantic :) My ring is from Tiffany''s and I don''t know the specs but it is .85 carats and really beautiful.

Please take me off the list!

35.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!
36.gif
Please share pics and the story!
9.gif

Evie75

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/21/2006 4:51:06 PM
Author: Cailet
welcome to the newbies!!!

oh man - now that the list is updated I''m in the upper half!! Hopefully all of us ladies in the upper half will have some good progress in the next couple of months!

I KNOW i noticed that im # 24 eeesh!

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations Delphi!! It sounds beautiful!!

WELCOME to all the newbies!!
35.gif

ETA: Thanks Evie- that means I am now # 23!! GULP!

delphi

Rough_Rock
Hi!

My fiancé (it''s feels weird to say this!) took me to the Salish Lodge and Spa in Seattle. It was so wonderful! Our room overlooked the falls and had a wood fireplace and a huge jacuzzi tub, that had a window opening to the room part! The package also included a huge brunch the next day and spa use with a couples stone massage. He proposed to me over a table covered with rose petals (since he told the restaurant)at dinner and our perfect meal was a leisurely two and a half hours. He didn''t want it to be on the dessert like they suggested -- I already knew this was coming soon since we are long distance, and the chances for him to surprise me are limited, and we already wanted to have a wedding in the summer. So he gave me the Tiffany box and said he wanted me to share his life with him forever.

It was so luxurious and amazing and relaxing especially since I had a hectic year so far. I worked at my first job, as an academic, and it''s been really hard. To be away from him for the year and also to do the professor thing, as well as try to recover from PhD. He was also at his first job, too, but it''s an AMAZING job so I feel secure about moving there... although it''s hard to give up this one --it''s tough to find academic work. But today, as I''ve been telling the director and colleagues this week, I realized that I will be much happier. I want to have kids and have a home! It''s so nice to think I"ll be in one place for a long while -- I''ve been moving at least every two years for twelve years because of school! Also, I realized that other academics want the same thing for themselves -- just to be happy -- not just exhaust themselves for idealism! Many of them, I realized, are working for food and a house and a family, too! That probably sounds dumb, but this kind of thinking is often discouraged in academic circles and I have been not only a little bit brainwashed. I have heard faculty belittle women who leave a graduate program or an academic career to get married or have a family. Also, some women faculty aren''t good role models. They are often single or childless and bitter or a little crazy. (Some are great, though!)

I haven''t posted much but did read quite a lot last summer when we looked at rings and I was trying to figure out what to do with my life. Thanks for your stories. I was ambivalent about marriage because of the above reasons, but wanted that ring, too! I guess some things aren''t meant to be figured out. Sometimes life offers better things than you imagined even if you didn''t know you wanted them!

But I''m also scared about marriage, especially the in-laws part. I''ve met them only once since they live far away, so he is closer to my family than I am to his. They also seem kind of distant emotionally, but as a unit, they are so tight. I''ve tried talking to them on the phone but it was really awkward. I think it''s hard for MIL to let go. But it seems this is to be expected.

I don''t have any photos of the ring but I can tell you, it''s really shiny! I know Tiffany''s is overpriced, but I love the setting -- I tried on others. Also, fiancé was deadset on getting one.

It''s funny, I never even had any interest in diamond rings, and thought most girls wanted one to prove that they are engaged. But now that I have one, I would have bought myself one! It''s so pretty!!! My fingers are really small and skinny so I guess I''m lucky -- the diamond looks huge on me.
18.gif

midorikiss

Rough_Rock
I would love to be part of this, please enroll me!

Mimikins24

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on the engagement delphi! It's wonderful to see another happy graduate of the LIWs. Best wishes for your wedding plans!

ETA --- welcome to all the new ladies as well. Hope your stay is enjoyable and short. I have only been here about 6 months (although waiting much longer) and I am already half way up the list!

SeattleSparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations Delphi!! Salish Lodge is beautiful!! I''m actually celebrating my 5 year anniversary w/ my boyfriend this weekend, and I plan on giving him a day of spa treatments there as his gift!!

I am very happy for you and hope that you have a very happy marriage!!
emteeth.gif

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
congrats delphi! sounds like an amazing time!!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Hi guys! I''d like to be removed, please! I''ve finally gotten the ring and proposal! Yay!!

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2006 1:36:30 PM
Author: AmberWavin
Hi guys! I''d like to be removed, please! I''ve finally gotten the ring and proposal! Yay!!

YAY!!! Congratulations again!!!!!
9.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
To be sure, please take AmberWaves off the LIW list! I''ll miss you guys, but I''ll be here all the time!!
39.gif

piccolascimmia

Shiny_Rock
Looks like I''m another addition...bf just asked the random question "what kind of ring would you like" out of nowhere :) Now I''m obsessively researching online...

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Hey picco (can I call you picco?
2.gif
), that''s GREAT!
36.gif
Welcome to the LIWs!
35.gif

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
So now that I''ve officially introduced myself in the "introduce yourself" thread, I''m hoping I get to be added to the list too!

Thanks!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Even though I''ve considered myself a LIW for about 7 months now, I never asked to be on the list or really posted my story...maybe it''s time. Even though we bought the ring amost two months ago, we''re still not engaged. I''ve been a little bummed about things lately, more about not getting to see my FF much than not being engaged. We have been doing the long distance thing much longer than we ever anticipated and I''m just really missing him lately. I''ll post soon with an update.

Please add me to the list, thanks. On a side note, you guys are great and very supportive for all sorts of people with different situations. It''s a good place to get advice and to just vent sometimes for women.

Mimikins24

Shiny_Rock
Welcome to all the new ladies and hearty congratulations to all the recent graduates!!!

It seems that Jenwill may not be here to update, so I noted some of the changes to the list that are needed.

Ladies to Remove from the List

- Shia - #42 (congratulations!)
- delphi - #27 (glad you came back to tell us all!)
- AmberWaves - #36 (the ring is beautiful!!!)
- blabla - #63 (congrats --- can''t wait to see the pics!!!)
- Angela1977 - #74 (newest graduate)
- also sydneycassandra - #16 (she post in the SMTR thread on 08/21/05 --- and she changed her name to AntiquaBride)

Ladies to Add to the List

- lilmaria
- equestrienne
- metaphor85
- BlueEyes81
- miumi
- Honeyfly
- kissmyasscher
- swt_acacia
- midorikiss
- piccolascimmia (I wasn''t sure if she wanted to be added to the list or not?)
- ephemery1
- kcoursolle

I didn''t check into when people last posted --- I figure I have done enough procrastination from the law exams already!!! Cheers!!!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Pricescope asked for a clean-up, and since I''m a master procrastinator (especially when exams are coming...
20.gif
), here we are:

#4 AMALEEKEL (hasn''t posted in nearly six months)
#7 heartsonfire (is apparently no longer with her boyfriend
7.gif
)
#16 SydneyCassandra (ENGAGED! Congrats!)
#17 MarLoRey (hasn''t posted in over six months)
#21 lunch@Tiffany (3 posts total almost 6 months ago)
#27 Delphi (ENGAGED! Congrats!)
#31 Beau (only post was to be added 5 months ago)
#36 AmberWaves (ENGAGED! Congrats!)
#42 Shia (ENGAGED! Congrats!)
#48 amyg (ENGAGED! Congrats!)
#63 blabla (ENGAGED! Congrats!)
#74 Angela1977 (ENGAGED! Congrats!)

I guess that makes me #20 now...
5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results