shape
carat
color
clarity

The Never Ending Quest to do SOMETHING with my eternity

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Ok so I have an eternity that is lovely but I find to be the most uncomfortable thing I have ever worn. I have put up a few threads on what to do with it but never really be certain of what I wanted....until I saw this ring!

I love everything about this design. My question is would this translate over with 30pt diamonds? Right now my eternity is set sort of high so I thought this would bring it down some, plus the bezel would be more comfortable then the prongs sticking in my finger. It is still classic but different with that art deco flare that I love.

Thoughts?

r193-20d.jpg

Attachments

• _46.bmp
    359.6 KB · Views: 1,219

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock
OMG...I LOVE LOVE LOVE that!!! :love: It does look like it is set low enough to be comfortable, but I know nothing about settings. I am sure others will have more to say about that. I just wanted to say that will look amazing with Venice. I think it will have enough presence to show and not get swallowed up by your giant rock. :bigsmile:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
valmanin|1368103301|3443322 said:
OMG...I LOVE LOVE LOVE that!!! :love: It does look like it is set low enough to be comfortable, but I know nothing about settings. I am sure others will have more to say about that. I just wanted to say that will look amazing with Venice. I think it will have enough presence to show and not get swallowed up by your giant rock. :bigsmile:

Thanks Valmanin! I think this will actually be a RHR as I prefer to wear super thin stacked bands with Venice. If I wore these two together I'm sure I would destroy the struts/ donut on my ering.

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock
Sarahbear621|1368103542|3443324 said:
valmanin|1368103301|3443322 said:

Thanks Valmanin! I think this will actually be a RHR as I prefer to wear super thin stacked bands with Venice. If I wore these two together I'm sure I would destroy the struts/ donut on my ering.

Ah! Gotcha. Well, then it will compliment your left hand beautifully then and definitely work as a stand alone piece. Gorgeous!

IE_Princess

Shiny_Rock
I think it's lovely and it does look more comfortable.

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
i love it! I'm a sucker for bezeled stackers

Another option is one like mine (i admit, I'm a bit biased), but it may end up a bit wide with 30pt-ers

_6193.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think .30's are going to be a little uncomfortable in any setting for a full eternity. Many people here have 5 stone bands made with 30 pointers, just as a reference. I guess the largest eternity I have tried on were something like 15-18 points at Tiffany, and that even felt a little bulky to me (and they have among the lowest settings). So I personally wouldn't do a full eternity in stones larger than maybe 20 points due to the height of the stones. They can only be set so low. If I were you, I would not do it unless you can find one like that to try on, because it could be an expensive experiment and then still be uncomfortable.

I'd made a fantastic 32" DBY with those stones if the ring was mine!!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think it will make much difference. Your shared prong eternity is already set as low as possible. I think the issue is the size of the diamonds. 30 points will have an average of 3 mm depth, so expect it to "stick out" no less than 4 mm all around your finger regardless of setting type.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1368106461|3443357 said:
I think .30's are going to be a little uncomfortable in any setting for a full eternity. Many people here have 5 stone bands made with 30 pointers, just as a reference. I guess the largest eternity I have tried on were something like 15-18 points at Tiffany, and that even felt a little bulky to me (and they have among the lowest settings). So I personally wouldn't do a full eternity in stones larger than maybe 20 points due to the height of the stones. They can only be set so low. If I were you, I would not do it unless you can find one like that to try on, because it could be an expensive experiment and then still be uncomfortable.

I'd made a fantastic 32" DBY with those stones if the ring was mine!!!

I think in one of my first threads Gypsy suggested a long DBTY, but I just don't see myself wearing it. I wear a small .50ctw DBTY daily that I haven't taken off for years.

Perhaps I could turn this into a 7 stone???? But honestly I have rings that spin. I'm really leaning towards a full eternity. I wouldn't wear this full time as as long as the prongs (or lack there of) aren't sticking in my fingers I think it would be a vast improvment!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Mico|1368106281|3443355 said:

Another option is one like mine (i admit, I'm a bit biased), but it may end up a bit wide with 30pt-ers

Micro I love your eternity and how the prongs are set in. I think that might really work :bigsmile:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1368107346|3443368 said:
I don't think it will make much difference. Your shared prong eternity is already set as low as possible. I think the issue is the size of the diamonds. 30 points will have an average of 3 mm depth, so expect it to "stick out" no less than 4 mm all around your finger regardless of setting type.

Hmmmm good point. Perhaps I will try to try on some bezel bands to see if it bothers me just as much. I realy feel the prongs are my sort of discomfort though I'm not in love witht he overall bulky feel either.

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
Sarahbear621|1368107568|3443373 said:
Mico|1368106281|3443355 said:

Micro I love your eternity and how the prongs are set in. I think that might really work :bigsmile:

Let me know if you want other pictures from different angles. I will say, however, that this it the thickest I would go with a ring as I know it would be uncomfortable. Have you looked at your eternity and seen how low the diamonds go, to gauge how much room you would have to lower?

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
BAZINGA!!!! That is a PERFECT eternity setting---- oh yes yes yes!! GET IT!!! I love that design - and the art deco feel of it. I agree that it would be stunning as a RHR but to me, regardless of the size of the diamonds (.30's) it just visually looks like it would be more comfortable than the prong set you have already.

GO FOR IT!! DOOOOOOOOO IT!!! :Up_to_something: :naughty: :Up_to_something: .... Just sayin'!!!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Perhaps a five or seven stone and some huggie earrings? I feel like the stones are just the right size to have fantastic presence on the ear ....

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Well in the 5 hours it has been since I requested a few quotes several have come in and I have been pleasantly surprized with pricing and with excitment over some vendor interest in this project. I love vendors who share my love for all things art deco. :naughty:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sarahbear621|1368118483|3443466 said:
Well in the 5 hours it has been since I requested a few quotes several have come in and I have been pleasantly surprized with pricing and with excitment over some vendor interest in this project. I love vendors who share my love for all things art deco. :naughty:

YAY!! sounds like you are on the right track! I'm glad you are getting answers (and so QUICKLY!) so you can move forward --- bummer there's no chance you'd have it for the GTG ;))

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If all that bothers you is the prongs, that looks like a great solution!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Nyc2chigal|1368119611|3443476 said:

Oh I love her band. And I like how her's connects between the diamonds. They are in line vs connecting at points like my orginal band. Hmmm, details to think about!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the key is that the design allows for the stones to sit almost to the finger. I'll be very interested to see if the deco design makes it more comfortable!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1368130376|3443546 said:
I think the key is that the design allows for the stones to sit almost to the finger. I'll be very interested to see if the deco design makes it more comfortable!

I think it will. Plus since loosing baby weight I think having it correctly sized will also help. The ring is a 6.5 but now i really need something closer to a 6 or 6.25. I think that small adjustment will also help with how comfortable I find it.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
My new eternity should be done this week!!! I can't wait!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SB621|1374073216|3484708 said:
My new eternity should be done this week!!! I can't wait!

:appl: can't wait to admire your ring!!!
Congrats!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is gonna be one serious ring... super excited to see it!!! (and I'm envious!!) :sun:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results