shape
carat
color
clarity

The never-ending project ...Asscher Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Holy moley!!!! That is indeed a Honker!!!!!

Too bad Blue Nile doesn''t have pics of the actual diamond. The specs look pretty good.

I colour with negligable FL -- maybe OK

Ratio: 1: 1.05???? Apparently, the eye can''t tell that it''s not perfectly square. I wonder....

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
I take it back...it is not a new ags ideal asscher, but does have ideal polish/symmetry. Still! Yum.

You can also look at the stone through blue nile''s canadian site, which exists to assist canadian residents use their service I believe. Can''t beat that return policy! No upgrades, though. But I don''t think GOG does asscher upgrades, either?

Blue Nile 4.18 I vvs1

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, wallermama, for the link to the Canadian site as well.

Looked at specs again and saw that the Table is 65% and the Depth is 62% . Red flag????
34.gif

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Honestly, I just have no idea about how strict to be about the numbers. I have heard from many happy pricescopers who have oddball #''s with their asschers. As storm said, it is all about seeing them--his storm-worthy guidelines are there to help people weed though the stones to avoid calling doggies in. There just aren''t many stones to weed through in that asscher size, are there!

He never says that a gorgeous stone can''t exist at the outer edges of those parameters (although some numbers can be so outrageous that I wouldn''t bother).

In this size range, without going into astronomically higher prices, it would be worth it, TO ME, to have it ordered and take a look, if the really spec-saavy asscher people like storm don''t see a huge red flag.

When you want size above all, you have to alter your other expectations. Normally I don''t think sacrificing on cut is a good idea, but could that stone be THAT bad???? All of that glitter and steppiness would be blinding
2.gif

Asschers are such peculiar creatures that I just can''t say. And I don''t know enough to give advice just based on numbers. I do know that there are many many stones outside of all of our "perfect list" that would knock our socks off.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
You''re certainly right about there not being many 4c+ asschers to see out there.

I was lucky in dealing with BN when buying my upgraded e-ring. The specs were great and the stone turned out to be a winner too. Gotta love that 30 day money back guarantee!!!! The price on this 4c asscher seems really good too (for the size).

Maybe Storm will chime in and tell us whether it''s worth a look-see.

I also wonder whether that stone is available to Jonathan??? I can find out tomorrow.

Thanks again for finding that baby.
35.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I remembered from my many idle and random searches that the icestore has the best list of large asschers.

http://www.icestore.com/search/ideal_asscher.asp

38K:

http://www.icestore.com/search/diamond_inventory_detail.asp?ID=405 H VVS1 with strong blue fluorescence. 1.00 ratio. GIA cert. Depth 67.1 table 64 3.53 carats.

Worth a look.
60K but... YUM for this one.

http://www.icestore.com/search/diamond_inventory_detail.asp?ID=403

ETA: Are you limiting this only to diamonds? Because, personally... I'd take this puppy to leon mage. http://cherrypicked.com/Gallery/Score.aspx?ItemID=1608

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jonathan will have access to many stones via his suppliers..he can probably access most of what you see on a site like Blue Nile. I''ll tell you from experience that it is wasting some time looking at stones on sites with little information. I tried bringing up a stone to Jonathan and he told me he''d be glad to bring it in, but it wasn''t from one of the best H&A cutters. So what I learned was, let him do his job to find me a great stone within my specifications. He knows more of what to look for and what to avoid...there''s more to it than just looking at measurements, etc.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2006 8:18:52 PM
Author: Gypsy
I remembered from my many idle and random searches that the icestore has the best list of large asschers.

http://www.icestore.com/search/ideal_asscher.asp

38K:

http://www.icestore.com/search/diamond_inventory_detail.asp?ID=405 H VVS1 with strong blue fluorescence. 1.00 ratio. GIA cert. Depth 67.1 table 64 3.53 carats.

Worth a look.
60K but... YUM for this one.

http://www.icestore.com/search/diamond_inventory_detail.asp?ID=403

ETA: Are you limiting this only to diamonds? Because, personally... I''d take this puppy to leon mage. http://cherrypicked.com/Gallery/Score.aspx?ItemID=1608
Thanks for doing the search on IceStore, Gypsy
35.gif

The 3.53 looks really nice and with the SBFl, the H colour should look great. Table may be a tad large, but you never know until you see actual pictures of the diamond.

I''ll mention this one to Jonathan too.

The 60k asscher is a lot too pricey!!!!! But YUM as you say.
36.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2006 10:59:06 PM

Date: 7/10/2006 10:34:26 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

Date: 7/10/2006 8:18:52 PM

ETA: Are you limiting this only to diamonds? Because, personally... I''d take this puppy to leon mage. http://cherrypicked.com/Gallery/Score.aspx?ItemID=1608
Ha! Way to stick a cushion in, Gypsy ;-) It''s purdy!
Oh yeah. It''s a NICE Pad cushion. Just imagining what Leon would do with that is giving me the drools.
sorry isabel for stealing a corner of your thread! But gypsy, I must ask... what is a "pad cushion"???

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cehra, I think Pad is a type of sapphire (which I cannot spell right now)..

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2006 11:51:59 PM
Author: diamondfan
Cehra, I think Pad is a type of sapphire (which I cannot spell right now)..
Thanks diamond fan!

So... has there EVER been a pink asscher? I''m guessing isabel doesn''t want one, but if anyone has a picture I''d love to see it lol

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cehra, I told her in the other thread she should try to find a pink asscher and halo it and she would be done! I do not know, though, if pink diamonds are cut as asschers. I have never seen one.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
As far as I know pink asschers do not exist. Nice idea though. Maybe some day....
3.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
K, the link above is for a pink asscher but my photo looks yellow. It is a bit over a carat and 230,000.00...and it says intense pink...could it be a mistake?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s a bright yellow on my computer as well.
33.gif

cymbrie

Shiny_Rock
I see yellow too, very pretty yellow, but definitely not pink.

Depends on how color sensitive you are. I can tell you I have an I color VS2 asscher and it is blindingly white. My numbers were almost right on with what is usually suggested here on PS I believe like Kaleigh's asscher it was a bit more spready than most. Storm, Kaleigh and of course Jonathan and staff loved it and I absolutely ADORE it! Jonathan even ran it around the store prior to us purchasing it, to see if anyone saw a hint of yellow in it. The consensus was white white white even upsidedown. Jonathan should be able to find you what you need, and I have to say of all the asschers I've seen in person, none come close to mine in symmetry, polish, sparkle and lively personality. Of course I am going to the bay area G2G on Friday so I may see some that blow mine away
2.gif
, but I have to tell you stick with Jonathan you're in VERY GOOD hands for asschers. I get compliments DAILY on my GOG asscher! Random people have stopped me and asked OMG what kind of stone is that it's GORGEOUS and WHERE did you get it?! Can't wait to see what you get! Best of luck!

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Too bad you aren''t here in the bay area! Negotiable price, no tax, no customs, no wait? A match made in heaven for Isabel!

Craigslist Asscher Ring

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/11/2006 1:12:00 PM
Author: wallermama
Too bad you aren''t here in the bay area! Negotiable price, no tax, no customs, no wait? A match made in heaven for Isabel!

Craigslist Asscher Ring
Thanks wallermama....That is a beautiful ring with a NEGOTIABLE PRICE!!!!!
36.gif

I''d love to feast my eyes on that one.

Why do I live in the frozen north again????? Let me think....Ah yes, my family is all here. I knew there had to be a reason.
9.gif

Did they publish a phone # or only an e-mail address????
33.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WM, be still my beating heart!!! That is an AMAZING ring! It''s mind-boggling what you can find on good ole Craigslist. The price is sweet too, and it''s even negotiable??? I hope there is no catch.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Uh oh. I see more bling coming our way from Kristy...lol.

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I only assume it is negotiable, because, well, everything else on craigslist is! Unless I see "firm" written, I assume it is because the owner would rather have *something* back from the jillion dollars they spent on that ring, even if it isn''t their asking price. And I have seen that ring for a few weeks now, which = desperate seller in CL timeframes, where things usually go pretty fast.

If PS people are right, they could get half or less of that from a jewelry buyer, so Craiglist is a great option for selling (and buying, for that matter). Especially in the bay area, where tiffany engagement rings seems to recycle faster than aluminum cans. I''ve even seen rings from people with brand new AGS000 stones from failed engagement rings.

Usually if people are interested in something that is on CL, they email to start a discussion, and in this case the seller wrote that they can send pictures, which I would start by asking for. You can even tell them how you heard out about it, and link them to pricescope if they think you are a canadian nigerian scammer
2.gif

For a purchase like this, if they were willing to work with a non-local person like you, I''d work through a local Prisescope recommended independent appraiser (like nancy stacy, who I use, as well as Mara and Kristydarling and others here in the bay area). If they were willing to deliver it to Walnut Creek to Nancy Stacy and it appraised well (and with that GIA I doubt it wouldn''t) then you could go from there.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I THINK this ring was on ebay for awhile ... must not have sold. It looks REALLY familiar to me.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/11/2006 4:51:24 PM
Uh oh. I see more bling coming our way from Kristy...lol.
From your lips to DH''s ears. HA! I wish!
3.gif
I''ve been cut off. Hubby''s job situation is still iffy so no bling for Kristy for quite some time!!! (plus I still feel really spoiled with this decadent 3-ring!) If the asscher 3-stone checks out I''d love to see it on Isaku, though!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/11/2006 5:05:48 PM
Author: decodelighted
I THINK this ring was on ebay for awhile ... must not have sold. It looks REALLY familiar to me.
A ring like that really needs to be on consignment with a reputable jeweler. I surely wouldn''t buy something like that on ebay or from any ad.

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Deco, I could imagine that it is quite hard to sell a ~$40K ring and could definitely imagine that it has been on Ebay.

I just love the idea of not paying retail prices (or sales tax) for diamonds. I can also imagine being in the position of needing to sell my "preciouuuuuussssss" and feeling like the resale industry was jamming it to me and feeling good about selling it to a human who was going to love it, not profit off of it.

However, without eyeballs and fingers in the Bay Area, Isabel would once again be going down a non-refundable path.

Unless Kristydarling and I go visit it first! Can you say, vicarious living through handshots?
2.gif

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/11/2006 5:19:32 PM
Author: wallermama
Deco, I could imagine that it is quite hard to sell a ~$40K ring and could definitely imagine that it has been on Ebay.

I just love the idea of not paying retail prices (or sales tax) for diamonds. I can also imagine being in the position of needing to sell my ''preciouuuuuussssss'' and feeling like the resale industry was jamming it to me and feeling good about selling it to a human who was going to love it, not profit off of it.

However, without eyeballs and fingers in the Bay Area, Isabel would once again be going down a non-refundable path.

Unless Kristydarling and I go visit it first! Can you say, vicarious living through handshots?
2.gif
Hand shots would be AMAZING!!!! Is it in the realm of possibility, wallermama????
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results