color
clarity

The Man Thread

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/19/2010 1:57:27 AM
Author: Gailey
Tell me Kenny, if you fart in bed, do you fan the duvet?

You mean to improve the rate of sharing?
25.gif

We actually do fart back and forth.
It's a kind of war that never ends.

Payback's a be-ahch.

When we first met he had very good manners and left the room.
I just let em rip.
He says, "Y'all white folks have no shame."

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2010 1:09:54 AM
Author: IndyLady
Date: 6/18/2010 9:40:28 PM

Author: brazen_irish_hussy

I have mixed feelings about the Broncos picking up Tebow. On the one hand, his exceptionally vocal beliefs bug me, but he is really good and Denver has not had a real quarterback in 12 years. I also think this would give a chance for Knowshon Moreno to really shine. I have seen his university days and he is really good when he gets a chance. I am catiously optimistic about McDaniels, its just been so long since we had a new coach, I am not ok with it yet.

I also sweat so much when I ride my bike to work I have to bring a different shirt to change into.

Tebow bugs me for the same reason.

Do you like baseball?
I usually go to a few games a year since my dad''s firm has really good season tickets, but otherwise I don''t follow it much. My brother is the only one in the family who doesn''t like football, but he follows baseball and always knows how the Rockies are doing.

I like baseball and football more than other sports, even our very good hockey team, because there are secondary goals that make me feel like there is more strategy and it is easier to follow. Plus, until the last few years, our basketball team was really bad.
My undergrad has a great hockey team and one of the state''s football teams is really good, but I don''t follow college sports much.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/18/2010 9:12:57 PM
Author: Callisto

Date: 6/18/2010 3:01:52 PM
Author: Irishgrrrl
Hmmm . . . can''t think of anything manly to say, so I''m just gonna head to the bathroom now and try to pee standing up. Wish me luck.
21.gif

ETA: Sadly, it did not go well.
15.gif

That''s cause you didn''t have this guy...
2.gif
BWAAAAhahahaha!!! Callisto, wasn''t there a whole thread on that thing a while back?
9.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/18/2010 10:13:52 PM
Author: pennquaker09
I can''t think of anything guy related to say . . . and I''m a guy. I suppose there is a reason why my best friends are women.
Penn, you are a wise, wise man . . . with excellent taste!
16.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/18/2010 11:12:46 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

Date: 6/18/2010 2:58:23 PM
Author: sarap333

Date: 6/18/2010 2:50:20 PM

Author: kenny

Date: 6/18/2010 2:46:37 PM

Date: 6/18/2010 2:11:52 PM

Author: Hudson_Hawk

um...is it just me or are we all girls??? well Kenny is a guy, but really he''s one of the girls...

Yeah, Kenny, I thought we made you an honorary PS girl in the ''last days of PS 1.0 thread''?

Hey, keep that scalpel away from me.
6.gif
39.gif

Kenny, relax -- it''s only honorary (which means we can take it back at any time
11.gif
)
does anyone besides me have the song ''detatachable penis'' running through their head?
Sara, you are soooo not alone!
20.gif

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2010 1:12:30 AM
Author: Gothgrrl
Sarap333...no eating over the sink. Just sitting at my computer eating the pizza on a paper towel. Beverage is a huge bottle of Gatorade.

Cehrabehra...neither boxers or briefs.....granny panties! (It's all about the comfort)

11.gif

Oh, this cracked me up!

Gothgrrl, the paper towel is just as "manly" as eating over the sink, according to DH. You score! The Gatorade has got to be worth some man points, too, especially if you're drinking it right from the "huge" bottle.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Oh, golly gee whiz, Karl -- waaaaaay too early in the morning here for whatever that's a photo of!

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Where''s the beef?

bacon-8i.jpg

HVVS

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/18/2010 3:08:57 PM
Author: somethingshiny
Irish~ You screwed it up already. Men don't 'pee.' They 'take a leak, go for a piss, gotta see a man about a horse, gotta whiz, head to the head, drain the snake, drain the main,' You get the picture. It's all in the presentation.

Don't forget the sound effects. Multimedia presentations need sound. "Cow On a Flat Rock Sound" is always at least adequate.

HVVS

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/19/2010 12:50:16 AM
Author: Karl_K
Will I kill 10 or 12 disposable razors chopping this down?

Which brand works best for cutting down tree stumps?

I am thinking i need to invest in a chain saw

No, no. The Man Rule, which I learned from my ex-husband: "Every new job means get to buy a new tool." This job = Horse clippers. Unless you *really* need to fake the need for a chain saw, lol.

HVVS

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/18/2010 9:08:00 PM
Date: 6/18/2010 8:58:22 PM

Just sitting here, reading PS in my undies and eating cold pizza!

Are you eating it over the sink so you don''t have to get a dish dirty? And, remember, beer is drunk straight out of the bottle (the can if PBR) -- don''t want to get a glass dirty either.
I just want to say, you don''t have to be a man to do this entire combo at once. The portable computer goes on the drainboard. And use a wireless mouse. But I have been single over 5 years now.
11.gif

HVVS

Brilliant_Rock
A man thread needs some manly vehicles and a camper. 2 Duramax diesels. CAT plate is a bonus.

Dmax2.jpg

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock

Are you eating it over the sink so you don''t have to get a dish dirty? And, remember, beer is drunk straight out of the bottle (the can if PBR) -- don''t want to get a glass dirty either.

Use a glass for beer??? That''s way too classy for me... Straight from the bottle is best!
26.gif

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/19/2010 7:39:14 AM
Author: Irishgrrrl
Date: 6/18/2010 10:13:52 PM

Author: pennquaker09

I can''t think of anything guy related to say . . . and I''m a guy. I suppose there is a reason why my best friends are women.
Penn, you are a wise, wise man . . . with excellent taste!
16.gif

Women make the best shopping buddies, give honest opinions, and just all around rock.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2010 8:19:13 AM
Where''s the beef?
Not anywhere near THAT! Oink!

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2010 9:23:46 AM
Author: Tuckins1

Use a glass for beer??? That''s way too classy for me... Straight from the bottle is best!
26.gif

LOL! Up here in the north country, we call that drinking beer "Sheboygan style" -- right out of the bottle. Except if it''s Bud or PBR - then it''s got to be in cans.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2010 2:15:38 PM

26.gif

LOL! Up here in the north country, we call that drinking beer ''Sheboygan style'' -- right out of the bottle. Except if it''s Bud or PBR - then it''s got to be in cans.
I can''t remember the last time I saw someone drink beer from a glass.

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
I snuck into Man World today and snapped a classifed photo.

manworld34r55.jpg

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
If it''s in a can or bottle, who needs a glass? And for complicated foods, I stock up on paper plates. Hubby doesn''t like to do dishes, so I''m the one to do them. (long story about him doing dishes)
20.gif

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/18/2010 2:11:52 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
um...is it just me or are we all girls??? well Kenny is a guy, but really he''s one of the girls...

6.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
LOL!

Lynn, who...
*streeeetches out on the couch (in her underwear)... game on the TV... remote in one hand, beer in the other... belches, then calls to DH, "MORE CHIPS AND DIP, PLEASE, HONEY!!!!" *

9.gif

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/18/2010 9:40:28 PM
Author: brazen_irish_hussy
I have mixed feelings about the Broncos picking up Tebow. On the one hand, his exceptionally vocal beliefs bug me, but he is really good and Denver has not had a real quarterback in 12 years. I also think this would give a chance for Knowshon Moreno to really shine. I have seen his university days and he is really good when he gets a chance. I am catiously optimistic about McDaniels, its just been so long since we had a new coach, I am not ok with it yet.

I also sweat so much when I ride my bike to work I have to bring a different shirt to change into.

I wish I could be as optimistic as you
15.gif
. I Hate McDaniels; I feel like he has way too much ego and not enough to back it up. I don''t think any of Belichick''s proteges have amounted to anything after they leave. Ugh and I am NOT happy about Tebow. I think he is more hype than talent but I know ESPN writers disagree with me. I do like Moreno a lot though and I really hope Eddie Royal gets a lot of time to shine. It does make it hard that I live near DC. It is going to be so strange to see Shanahan in a Redskin jacket
8.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2010 2:39:58 PM
Author: joflier
Date: 6/19/2010 2:15:38 PM

26.gif

LOL! Up here in the north country, we call that drinking beer ''Sheboygan style'' -- right out of the bottle. Except if it''s Bud or PBR - then it''s got to be in cans.
I can''t remember the last time I saw someone drink beer from a glass.

Only if it''s something on tap.

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Hey dudes, sup? (chin thrusts in the direction if the guys in the room)

Ain''t nothin manlier than this.

*Scratches and saunters over to the pool table with a brew.*

454mantruck1.jpg

Gayletmom

Brilliant_Rock
HopeDream, that pic cracks me up! I live in the deep south (too deep for my taste, sometimes but it''s home and I do love it) so we see these sometimes. I was behind a truck with a pair last week and was pondering the meaning. Maybe some of you manly men (or women) can help me out?

What is the message that the truck driver is trying to convey? Does it mean "I''m such a bad*ss that I cut someone''s berries off and hung them from the back of my truck"? Or maybe "I think chestnuts are really hot and I want to display a pair"? Or "Mine are bigger than these"?

I must be missing something.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh fer cryin'' out loud. Truck nuts?? Any dude who has to have those, is compensating for NOT having a REAL truck. Any guy with a real truck (notice the manly rust and lack of a girly front bumper), and a rusting ''69 classic MG, doesn''t need those. (The cracked Camry window is on the woman''s car: you''ll notice the MANLY vehicles survived a massive hailstorm unscathed)

Manly.jpg

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
I just remembered this.

One day as I was driving to work I saw this odd bag of I dont know what hanging below the hitch of a truck. When I got to work I was asking if it is a carrying bag for hitch tools and I told them what it looked like. They laughed and laughed because these "things" have no purpose and are designed to look exactly like they do.
http://www.thatsnutz.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=65

I dont know how to make your vehicle more manly

trucknutz.jpg

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/19/2010 2:01:31 AM
Author: kenny
Date: 6/19/2010 1:57:27 AM

Author: Gailey

Tell me Kenny, if you fart in bed, do you fan the duvet?

You mean to improve the rate of sharing?
25.gif

We actually do fart back and forth.

It''s a kind of war that never ends.

Payback''s a be-ahch.

When we first met he had very good manners and left the room.

I just let em rip.

He says, ''Y''all white folks have no shame.''

Ahem, I believe the official term is "dutch oven"
Women call it "fluffing"

Who wins the battles?

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/20/2010 9:45:42 PM
Author: Gayletmom
HopeDream, that pic cracks me up! I live in the deep south (too deep for my taste, sometimes but it''s home and I do love it) so we see these sometimes. I was behind a truck with a pair last week and was pondering the meaning. Maybe some of you manly men (or women) can help me out?

What is the message that the truck driver is trying to convey? Does it mean ''I''m such a bad*ss that I cut someone''s berries off and hung them from the back of my truck''? Or maybe ''I think chestnuts are really hot and I want to display a pair''? Or ''Mine are bigger than these''?

I must be missing something.
Here''s my thinking......

The truck is just so incredibly manly and oozing of testosterone that it just has to have it''s own set of testicles.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
We see lots of truck nuts around here. The generally accepted reason is "My truck has nuts. It can drive through/over anything." But, you don''t see them on fancy new trucks, they''re only on trucks that you actually do see off roading.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results