Author: elledizzy5

Date: 3/23/2010 10:01:42 AM
Author: elrohwen

Date: 3/23/2010 9:53:02 AM
Author: elledizzy5

Date: 3/23/2010 9:40:16 AM
Author: jcarlylew
weird, i just got this error message
''Flood control has been activated. You cannot make more than 1 new post every 5 seconds. Since your last post was less than 5 seconds ago, you must click the back button and wait at least 5 seconds before creating a new post. ''
Thats what i get for having two tabs open
19.gif

i have the blueberry greek yogurt and i added in some granola. i like it, but once it starts ''warming'' up i don''t like it. super cold is the way for me!

Hahaha! I always feel like such a nerd when I activate flood control.
Does anyone else think of Halo when they activiate flood control? Or is it just me?
Haha. Just you!
9.gif
no, but i do think of Bioshock, so, fair enough :)

okay ladies, time for me to *kinda* work now. i''ll post when i can!
9.gif

Bioshock? How come?

Flood control is an actual thing in Halo - it''s basically the point of the first three games I think. I hate flood so much - they freak me out.
all the water that you can use to fight other characters, and flood control to stop the flow of the crazies. so, not an actual term for the game, but just visuals.

i guess you could call it agro control LOL

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Dear tree pollen. I am not a fan of you when your levels are high. Please go back to low levels so I can breathe and see. Thanks! Love, VC

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Morning

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Oh, yeah, JCar, I remember that now! I totally forgot about the floods and stuff (though I did remember that there was water all over the floors). That game is way creepier than the Flood (zombies) from Halo!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Morning, P!

princesss

Ideal_Rock

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
morning ladies!
35.gif

jcar - you play Bioshock too? love it! except i''m a big wussy and i can''t play it in the dark or without BF...
3.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2010 10:43:31 AM
Author: vip0802
morning ladies!
35.gif

jcar - you play Bioshock too? love it! except i''m a big wussy and i can''t play it in the dark or without BF...
3.gif
E plays it all the time. I''ll admit, i am terrible when it comes to controls. I only like keyboards OR old school nintendo controllers. Although i can manage for Little Big Planet and any of the penny arcade games (comics that turned into a RPG)

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2010 10:43:31 AM
morning ladies!
35.gif

3.gif
When DH first got the game, he couldn''t play it unless I was around. I went on a business trip and he tried to play, but ended up calling me because he was too freaked out to continue
3.gif

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Morning, Vi!
35.gif

Any headway on your job search???

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
jcar - it took me a while to get used to the controls too. it was just fine back in the day when all you had was one directional pad and buttons A and B! BF got me into playing Left 4 Dead though, and then i somehow got used to it. not to mention there was something really gratifying about being able to kill zombies after a hell-ish day at work!

elrohwen - i don''t blame him! that game is seriously freaky. it''s guess it''s not knowing who''s around the corner, and hearing random splicers talking but you can''t see them.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I get freaked out playing Left for Dead by myself. Zombies everywhere and they come out and hit you and it''s scary!
32.gif

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/23/2010 10:53:58 AM
Author: vc10um
Morning, Vi!
35.gif

hey vc! nope, nothing yet.
38.gif
although a lot of the jobs i''ve applied for haven''t closed yet, so it''ll be a while until i hear anything. it''s just frustrating to wait! i''ve applied for unemployment to hold me over until then, but to make matters worse, i can''t receive benefits yet because no one can get in touch with my old boss. according to the state of MD, i can''t receive anything until they verify the reason of "separation from employer".
29.gif

good news is that BF got a pretty decent tax return so he''s my sugar daddy for the time being.
9.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2010 11:15:13 AM

Morning, Vi!
35.gif

38.gif
although a lot of the jobs i''ve applied for haven''t closed yet, so it''ll be a while until i hear anything. it''s just frustrating to wait! i''ve applied for unemployment to hold me over until then, but to make matters worse, i can''t receive benefits yet because no one can get in touch with my old boss. according to the state of MD, i can''t receive anything until they verify the reason of ''separation from employer''.
29.gif

good news is that BF got a pretty decent tax return so he''s my sugar daddy for the time being.
9.gif
Really?! That sucks! When I applied for unemployment my company didn''t respond to them either. They told me that the company had 21 days to speak up or else they would just assume my version of the story was true. Stupid MD
7.gif

Yay for sugar daddies! Speaking of ... I need to do my sugar daddy''s taxes! We''ve been slackers this year.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2010 11:22:55 AM

Morning, Vi!
35.gif

38.gif
although a lot of the jobs i''ve applied for haven''t closed yet, so it''ll be a while until i hear anything. it''s just frustrating to wait! i''ve applied for unemployment to hold me over until then, but to make matters worse, i can''t receive benefits yet because no one can get in touch with my old boss. according to the state of MD, i can''t receive anything until they verify the reason of ''separation from employer''.
29.gif

9.gif
Really?! That sucks! When I applied for unemployment my company didn''t respond to them either. They told me that the company had 21 days to speak up or else they would just assume my version of the story was true. Stupid MD
7.gif

Yay for sugar daddies! Speaking of ... I need to do my sugar daddy''s taxes! We''ve been slackers this year.
I''m keeping my fingers crossed for you, Vi! And I still need to do my taxes...I owe a couple hundred, so I''m avoiding it, lol...

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock

Morning, Vi!
35.gif

38.gif
29.gif

9.gif
7.gif

Me too! I''ve been avoiding my taxes because I don''t want to deal with the work in one state, live in another thing. Its such a PITA, especially when the states don''t have reciprocity. Gotta love getting taxed by two states on everything we made last year, even if we don''t live in the state where only 25% of our income was earned. Bleh.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2010 11:30:51 AM
Author: Clairitek

7.gif

Me too! I''ve been avoiding my taxes because I don''t want to deal with the work in one state, live in another thing. Its such a PITA, especially when the states don''t have reciprocity. Gotta love getting taxed by two states on everything we made last year, even if we don''t live in the state where only 25% of our income was earned. Bleh.
We live in CT but DH works in NY. It''s not that confusing for our two states, but he just gets very confused by his taxes in general. It takes him at least 5 times longer to do his than it takes me to do mine, and we both use the EZ form! Haha. This year I told him I would just do them and he could check over my math and be done with it. I can probably get it done in an hour or so if I tried.

Oh, I also got an email from our wedding photographer that we need to do our album now or there are going to be fees
7.gif
Not from them, but I guess from the album company or something? I didn''t really understand, but it has been 6 months so we need to get on it or we''ll never do it.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2010 11:51:54 AM

7.gif

We live in CT but DH works in NY. It''s not that confusing for our two states, but he just gets very confused by his taxes in general. It takes him at least 5 times longer to do his than it takes me to do mine, and we both use the EZ form! Haha. This year I told him I would just do them and he could check over my math and be done with it. I can probably get it done in an hour or so if I tried.

Oh, I also got an email from our wedding photographer that we need to do our album now or there are going to be fees
7.gif
Not from them, but I guess from the album company or something? I didn''t really understand, but it has been 6 months so we need to get on it or we''ll never do it.
elro...do you not have printing rights to your photos?

Or were you planning on using the photog to design the album? The fees are probably just for your online hosting site, I would guess. Sometimes that''s only free for the first 3-6 months.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2010 12:04:35 PM

Date: 3/23/2010 11:51:54 AM

7.gif

7.gif

Or were you planning on using the photog to design the album? The fees are probably just for your online hosting site, I would guess. Sometimes that''s only free for the first 3-6 months.
I do but we already paid for them to do an album. And I hate everything involving albums so there''s no way in heck I''d put one together myself. I''d rather just give them the pic list and be done with it.

The email from the photog said that they archive the photos and there''s a reload fee after 3 months. They''ve absorbed it so far, but we need to get on it before they make us pay for the fees. Does that make sense? It only kind of makes sense to me. There''s no online hosting site that I have access to - I have all my pics on a dvd.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2010 12:15:20 PM

I do but we already paid for them to do an album. And I hate everything involving albums so there''s no way in heck I''d put one together myself. I''d rather just give them the pic list and be done with it.

The email from the photog said that they archive the photos and there''s a reload fee after 3 months. They''ve absorbed it so far, but we need to get on it before they make us pay for the fees. Does that make sense? It only kind of makes sense to me. There''s no online hosting site that I have access to - I have all my pics on a dvd.
They probably wipe your photos off their harddrives and store them on disc somewhere. So to do your album they need to get the discs out of storage and reupload them onto their computer. That''s what I''m thinking anyway. So they''re charging you that fee to retrieve and reload the files.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2010 12:17:30 PM

Or were you planning on using the photog to design the album? The fees are probably just for your online hosting site, I would guess. Sometimes that's only free for the first 3-6 months.
I do but we already paid for them to do an album. And I hate everything involving albums so there's no way in heck I'd put one together myself. I'd rather just give them the pic list and be done with it.

The email from the photog said that they archive the photos and there's a reload fee after 3 months. They've absorbed it so far, but we need to get on it before they make us pay for the fees. Does that make sense? It only kind of makes sense to me. There's no online hosting site that I have access to - I have all my pics on a dvd.
They probably wipe your photos off their harddrives and store them on disc somewhere. So to do your album they need to get the discs out of storage and reupload them onto their computer. That's what I'm thinking anyway. So they're charging you that fee to retrieve and reload the files.
Yeah, that makes sense. They're not going to make us pay anything now, which is nice. At least they warned me first so I can get my butt in gear. I had just planned on putting it off at least another 6 months
3.gif

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2010 12:19:03 PM

They probably wipe your photos off their harddrives and store them on disc somewhere. So to do your album they need to get the discs out of storage and reupload them onto their computer. That''s what I''m thinking anyway. So they''re charging you that fee to retrieve and reload the files.
Yeah, that makes sense. They''re not going to make us pay anything now, which is nice. At least they warned me first so I can get my butt in gear. I had just planned on putting it off at least another 6 months
3.gif
Well, the first 25 pics are easy to pic...the ones on that nameless site! Cuz they''re all FAB!
36.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2010 12:23:53 PM

Yeah, that makes sense. They''re not going to make us pay anything now, which is nice. At least they warned me first so I can get my butt in gear. I had just planned on putting it off at least another 6 months
3.gif
Well, the first 25 pics are easy to pic...the ones on that nameless site! Cuz they''re all FAB!
36.gif

Good point! We got a smallish album. We can have 1 pic per page or 2 pics per page, so that gives me 24-48 pics to choose from in whatever combo I want. Gah, I hate doing album stuff.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2010 12:42:49 PM

Date: 3/23/2010 12:23:53 PM

3.gif
36.gif

Good point! We got a smallish album. We can have 1 pic per page or 2 pics per page, so that gives me 24-48 pics to choose from in whatever combo I want. Gah, I hate doing album stuff.

Send me the disk and I''ll do it for you!
36.gif

Of course, I won''t have any idea of the significance of the people in the photos, beyond you and your DH. So maybe not such a good idea...
3.gif

winelover23

Ideal_Rock
Elle''s too sexy for her nighty, too sexy for her nighty....

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2010 12:50:29 PM
Author: winelover23
Ditto!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock

They won''t design it for you to yay or nay? I''m so glad our photog did that, I would have been way overwhelmed otherwise.
32.gif

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/23/2010 1:33:55 PM

Date: 3/23/2010 12:50:29 PM
Author: winelover23
Ditto!
I''m don''t have an account with the nameless sight
39.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2010 1:39:11 PM
Author: sunnyd

They won''t design it for you to yay or nay? I''m so glad our photog did that, I would have been way overwhelmed otherwise.
32.gif
I don''t think I''d want them to ... I''m really picky with what pics I like and don''t. They cut down our pics to the proofs, but that''s it.

I kind of can''t figure out how many pictures of other people to include. What did you ladies do? We have tons of group shots of people I love, but should we save those to look at separately (we have a big binder with all of the proofs which is basically an album anyway) and focus on just us, bridal party, and family?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results