shape
carat
color
clarity

The LIW Small Talk Thread

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
I wanted to buy EOS lipbalm is because it looks cute. It's a sphere shape. =) I didn't buy any bras from Victoria Secret. Usually it's hard for me to find my size. I always say to my mom and my bf... they are discriminating small breasts... :evil:

Maybe you can make a upside down cake? The recipe I gave you?

OMG... do you think your SO is nervous because he's going to propose soon?

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
TooPatient said:
Mmmmmm. Chocolate cupcakes. Mmmmmmm.

Washington is GREAT!
(I've lived here my whole life so I may be biased :bigsmile: )

Beautiful rainforest on the peninsula (look up Ho Rainforest), coffee stands everywhere, food from all different cultures, wineries, mountains full of waterfalls and hiking trails (plus the best blueberries you've ever tasted), yummy fresh fruits at little stands (especially as you cross the mountains), organic everything available, outlet stores, cities within 20 minutes of "middle of nowhere", desert looking places on the easter side of the state (which is nicely warm and sunny!), great chefs, fresh roasted coffee beans......

Sorry. I like it here. It is really pretty and has so many different places to go (big city, suburbs, country, rainforest, desert, mountains, rivers, islands).

nice. That means you're quite close to me!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
beezygal said:
TooPatient said:
Mmmmmm. Chocolate cupcakes. Mmmmmmm.

Washington is GREAT!
(I've lived here my whole life so I may be biased :bigsmile: )

Beautiful rainforest on the peninsula (look up Ho Rainforest), coffee stands everywhere, food from all different cultures, wineries, mountains full of waterfalls and hiking trails (plus the best blueberries you've ever tasted), yummy fresh fruits at little stands (especially as you cross the mountains), organic everything available, outlet stores, cities within 20 minutes of "middle of nowhere", desert looking places on the easter side of the state (which is nicely warm and sunny!), great chefs, fresh roasted coffee beans......

Sorry. I like it here. It is really pretty and has so many different places to go (big city, suburbs, country, rainforest, desert, mountains, rivers, islands).

nice. That means you're quite close to me!

What area are you in?

I'm in Sammamish, work in Bellevue. (Lived in Everett, Snohomish, Lake Stevens, and Redmond before)

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My favorite "looks fancy but really easy" desserts:

bananas sauteed in butter with brown sugar & rum -- served over icecream

pears poached in red wine with vanilla & cinnamon -- served over icecream

Bananas take about 10 minutes. Pears take about 30. Bananas should be served immediately. Pears can be served warm (fresh or re-heated) or cold.

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
I'm across the border in CANADA!!! I go to Bellingham a few times a year. I'm just like 1hr away from it.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Thank Beezy and To.....hmmmm, i need something cool or light since its going to be like 112 during the day and like 100 at night. LoL...so maybe something with ice. I lvoe your idea of the bananas, hmmm, maybe i can do this with plantas though, those are my fav.
Beezy- you ahve an ice cream desert ideas? LoL.....

O wow, i have never been to washington, but it sounds awesome. I love organic and fresh fruits and veggies. Since ive started dieting, im all about organic. Im trying to make the whole family( SO, Myself and the doggies) go organic. I even bake fresh breath doggie treats for my babies! I wish we had more fresh stuff here, we had a farmers market once a week in the fall/Spring, but it didnt reall catched on. Which sucsk, ebcause one stand had the SWEETEST strawberries and peaches i have ever tasted. They also had some cool jewerly and great BBQ. Gotta love smoked sausage and fresh carmel corn. :lickout: Okay seriously, now im getting hungry..lol

Washington sounds so magical. It seems like a place you can get lost int he forest and not really care because its so pretty. *sigh* i wish i had views and weather like that.

Beezy- I really dont know if he will ask this weekend. I just think hes acting fishy. Maybe he is tired/sick, but he sounds fine. I dont know. I dont think he would ask sunday though in front of our freinds, hes a very priavte person. Hmmmm, maybe hes just nervous because of the balcony...hmmm, i dont know...im stracthing my head on this one. :confused: :?:

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Beezy- Have you ever made a ice cream cake?

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
never made an ice cream cake before. It sounds too complicated. I'll just buy it. LOL

well.. you never know about the proposal. I'm kinda worried about mine. Have you read my other thread?

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
LoL..it is complicated, but he loves them. I might attempted this, say like tonight, ill make a baby one.He always says how he misses home cooking and baking. I swear he whines about food like a 600 pound man instead of a 180 pound one. LoL...if it comes out right, i will so post pics on monday. LoL...

I highly doubt he will. HaHa, i would be willing to put money on it. O no, hon, i didnt read your thread, let me go check it out now, and we can talk about it.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
beezygal said:
I'm across the border in CANADA!!! I go to Bellingham a few times a year. I'm just like 1hr away from it.

:oops:
I knew that. I'm sorry, I'm just really tired today.

We're about 95.3 miles south of Bellingham (a little under 2 hour drive). I visited once when I was 7 or 8. Really pretty area.

Embarrassing confession -- I've never been to Canada :nono: , closest I've been is Bellingham.

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
BB eats all organic seeds/pellets too. Ever since she visited an avian vet last Oct about her foot, I learned a lot about giving her a healthy diet.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
beezygal said:
BB eats all organic seeds/pellets too. Ever since she visited an avian vet last Oct about her foot, I learned a lot about giving her a healthy diet.

Is her foot okay now?

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
TooPatient said:
beezygal said:

We're about 95.3 miles south of Bellingham (a little under 2 hour drive). I visited once when I was 7 or 8. Really pretty area.

Embarrassing confession -- I've never been to Canada :nono: , closest I've been is Bellingham.

Are you closer to Seattle then? I LOVE SEATTLE! Love the shopping love the city!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beezy,
I'm sure he is going to ask soon and wants to make sure it is a surprise. The waiting is tough and guys don't seem to understand just how hard it is on us. FI proposed just a couple months short of our 6 year and I was absolutely beside myself.

Has he said anything since then or acted differently?

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
beezygal said:
TooPatient said:
beezygal said:

Are you closer to Seattle then? I LOVE SEATTLE! Love the shopping love the city!

In good traffic, we live about 30 minutes out of Seattle.
My office is just 10 minutes or so away.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
okay hon, i just responded to your thread. Im sure hes gonna ask soon...dont worry, go get a mani and pedi....it will help.

O wow too....6 years, i would go mad!!

Hmmmm....shopping.....speaking of shopping, have either of you tried the mositurizer from Bath and Body Works, its in their special line, its super pricey, but sometimes, they have it in a sample size.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cold desserts:

Baked Alaska (I made this a few years ago and it was actually pretty easy -- just make sure the icecream is REALLY frozen and the meringue covers ALL of the cake and touches the pan) -- can be done with whatever flavor icecream and cake you like.

Icecream layered in icecream float glasses with fresh berries & fudge sauce topped with whipped cream

homemade icecream-cookie sandwiches -- I like chocolate chip cookies, just put a scoop of icecream in the middle and freeze

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jessie702 said:
okay hon, i just responded to your thread. Im sure hes gonna ask soon...dont worry, go get a mani and pedi....it will help.

O wow too....6 years, i would go mad!!

Hmmmm....shopping.....speaking of shopping, have either of you tried the mositurizer from Bath and Body Works, its in their special line, its super pricey, but sometimes, they have it in a sample size.

I haven't tried it. Until recently I've avoided changing any of the stuff I use (which isn't much) because of my allergies. Scented stuff really gets me -- not all scented stuff just some -- so I wind up buying something, sneezing lots, and tossing it into a drawer.

The only moisturizing anything I use right now is Nutrogena hand lotion :sick:
I need to find something though. My skin is dry (my face likes to get all flaky on me) and the hand lotion just doesn't work well (except on hands)

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
TooPatient said:
beezygal said:

Is her foot okay now?

YES! Thanks for asking. I was so worried. I lost a lovebird before. My heart would DIE if anything ever happen to BB. She was limping and her foot was swollen. The vet didn't know what was wrong with her. She thinks it's the band on her foot, which they have to remove. She has a "cast" on for a few days. No climbing at all. I googled online about limping. It said maybe a tumor on her foot. I was so scared. Then the vet said she needs a blood test. I googled online again. I found that some birds can't stop bleeding during a blood test and they died. I was so scared. Online search can be SCARY!!!! BB was hospitized for a few days because her foot wasn't getting better and she was loosing weight. Everytime I go visit her, she wouldn't want to go back to her unit. She just want to stay on my hand and have me pet her. When the vet told me about the possible problem (cancer, tumor, unknown disease, etc...), I was crying. It was so embarrassing. I don't normally cry in front of ppl, especially strangers. It was expensive for all the treatment... around 1K. I know it was worth it. I couldn't not do anything knowing she's in pain. The blood test turns out fine. She's very healthy except for her foot. It was probably a soft issue problem. Throughout that time, I cry everyday. I was so worried. When she was finally home, she had to stay in a plexi-unit for a few weeks. I love her more than ever now. I feel like we're a lot closer too. I'm going to take her to the vet for her annual check from now on.

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
toopatient: He's still acting the same. He's so busy at work. I'm worried he won't have time to plan anything...

Jessie: We didn't have Bath and Body Work here until last year. It's stupid. You guys always have the GOOD STORES... then.. 10 years later we'll have maybe ONE in Canada. :lol: We finally have Hollister here last year too. WTH!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
beezygal said:
TooPatient said:
beezygal said:

Is her foot okay now?

YES! Thanks for asking. I was so worried. I lost a lovebird before. My heart would DIE if anything ever happen to BB. She was limping and her foot was swollen. The vet didn't know what was wrong with her. She thinks it's the band on her foot, which they have to remove. She has a "cast" on for a few days. No climbing at all. I googled online about limping. It said maybe a tumor on her foot. I was so scared. Then the vet said she needs a blood test. I googled online again. I found that some birds can't stop bleeding during a blood test and they died. I was so scared. Online search can be SCARY!!!! BB was hospitized for a few days because her foot wasn't getting better and she was loosing weight. Everytime I go visit her, she wouldn't want to go back to her unit. She just want to stay on my hand and have me pet her. When the vet told me about the possible problem (cancer, tumor, unknown disease, etc...), I was crying. It was so embarrassing. I don't normally cry in front of ppl, especially strangers. It was expensive for all the treatment... around 1K. I know it was worth it. I couldn't not do anything knowing she's in pain. The blood test turns out fine. She's very healthy except for her foot. It was probably a soft issue problem. Throughout that time, I cry everyday. I was so worried. When she was finally home, she had to stay in a plexi-unit for a few weeks. I love her more than ever now. I feel like we're a lot closer too. I'm going to take her to the vet for her annual check from now on.

I'm glad she is okay. That sounds awful!
Vets are expensive but well worth it to keep our furry (and feathery) family members healthy.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Beezy- i am so sorry about your BB foot. I would be super worried too. I know how close people get to their animals. I for one, do, i always tell my little boy dog, to get in my belly so i can birth him(his soul) into a baby and keep him forever. The boyfreind thinks its cute....I am so happy she is doing better

Too- im so sorry about your skin getting dry. Maybe try this stuff, its really good for you, and makes your skin feel super soft. Its amazing, its super pricey in the large sizes, but works soooo good. It makes your skin feel like a baby's butt, even if you have a few breakouts.

goodstuff.jpg

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
My dad didn't think so. He just thinks I can buy a new one. Then I cried even more. It's not about buying a new one. It won't be the same!!! It won't be BB. I'm like "HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT??? If I'm really sick would you just have another dauther?" :lol: But then, my dad started to really worry about BB seeing how painful she is and he didn't say much about it. She had to take medicine for awhile to help with the pain and redness. He doesn't know how much I end up paying altogether though. He thought it's just a few hundreds. 1k is expensive even though I can afford it. I rather spend less on other stuff like no shopping or don't eat out as much, but I need to get BB better. I don't want to regret not helping her. You know what i mean?

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
I always envy my bf's skin.. It's smooth and has no break out. I don't get break out all the time. I only get them once in awhile, like when auntie flow comes visit. It's annoying because of the little scar. I've recently started using Noxzema. My bf uses that for almost 10 years and his skin is better than mine. I googled online and it seems to have good review on Noxzema. What do you guys use?

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
beezygal said:
toopatient: He's still acting the same. He's so busy at work. I'm worried he won't have time to plan anything...

Jessie: We didn't have Bath and Body Work here until last year. It's stupid. You guys always have the GOOD STORES... then.. 10 years later we'll have maybe ONE in Canada. :lol: We finally have Hollister here last year too. WTH!

He'll make it nice for you :))

Some of the sweetest proposals I've read about on PS are the ones that are really simple and heartfelt. When the time comes, you'll be happy no matter how he asks. (where FI proposed to me was amazing, but how he asked was a little... okay, a lot ... not the elegant, well practiced words and actions I had imagined -- kind of like "so, what do you think? You want to get married?" with him sitting next to me and then he couldn't figure out what to do with the ring box while I waited for him to put the rings on my finger. --- anyway, it was really him and it just felt right -- even if I was trying not to giggle :love: )

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
TooPatient said:
beezygal said:

He'll make it nice for you :))

Some of the sweetest proposals I've read about on PS are the ones that are really simple and heartfelt. When the time comes, you'll be happy no matter how he asks. (where FI proposed to me was amazing, but how he asked was a little... okay, a lot ... not the elegant, well practiced words and actions I had imagined -- kind of like "so, what do you think? You want to get married?" with him sitting next to me and then he couldn't figure out what to do with the ring box while I waited for him to put the rings on my finger. --- anyway, it was really him and it just felt right -- even if I was trying not to giggle :love: )

I want to be engaged *stomp stomp*. :lol:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jessie702 said:
Beezy- i am so sorry about your BB foot. I would be super worried too. I know how close people get to their animals. I for one, do, i always tell my little boy dog, to get in my belly so i can birth him(his soul) into a baby and keep him forever. The boyfreind thinks its cute....I am so happy she is doing better

Too- im so sorry about your skin getting dry. Maybe try this stuff, its really good for you, and makes your skin feel super soft. Its amazing, its super pricey in the large sizes, but works soooo good. It makes your skin feel like a baby's butt, even if you have a few breakouts.

I'll have to look at it. I wonder if they have little samples?
Everyone in my family has problems with breakouts (mom -- 47, grandpa -- 75...) so I've always struggled to find something to balance the oily part and the dry flaky part without clogging and causing breakouts. (This is complicated further because it also has to not leave me sneazing :rolleyes: )

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry, need to rant.

I'm confused and hurt still after the 4th of July celebration.

We were invited to a bat mitzvah for the daughter of good friends (we thought good friends). The mother went out of her way to approach us and ask me to send her an e-mail with the correct spelling of my last name so she could address the invitation correctly. She said to watch our mailbox for it and she hoped we'd be able to make it.

So we got the invite and I sent in the RSVP (after checking with the BIW's that I had filled it in correctly) well before the reply by date. We made plans to go to the service and to the celebration. (I bought a nice purply-pink cashmere wrap, lipstick (my first), and cover-up (for the burn on my forehead from cooking dinner :sick: ). We made a donation to the charity of the girl's choice AND bought a really nice gift for her as well.

Everything was fine until we got to the celebration (and I looked GREAT :bigsmile: ) -- we weren't on the guest list.
Rather than make a scene having chairs scrunched in at the catered event, we left before anyone saw us (leaving the gift on the table with the card attached).

Didn't hear anything from them between then and the 4th of July (6 weeks or so?).

At the 4th of July celebration, we spoke to them but they seemed quiet and then tried to avoid us. Except their youngest daughter (not the bat mitzvah) -- she made it clear that she had something to do with us not being on the guest list.

We left the party shortly after (since we and they were obviously uncomfortable).

I sent an e-mail to our hosts explaining what had happened (since they knew something was wrong and I didn't want them to think we were rude for only staying the first 3 hours). I sent a 2nd e-mail to the mother of the girls: "Hi, NAME, I know art is a very personal thing. If Girl would rather pick something else out, we still have the receipt so it can be exchanged. We got it from Place. It was nice seeing you and your family again"

That was 11 days ago and I haven't heard a single word back from them.

I'm so hurt, sad, angry, frustrated... Mostly sad and confused.

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
First of all, I'm sorry I shouldn't be laughing.... but how did you burn your FOREHEAD? I'm sorry. Hope you're getting better.

That's kind of weird. Did the youngest daughter explain why it is her fault?

I don't think they are anything else you can do. They are obviously avoiding you... or they're really busy?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results