shape
carat
color
clarity

The Leo

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RubyBleu

Rough_Rock
Looking for honest info regarding the Leo cut - especially prof. opinions. What should I look for specific to this cut that you would regard as critical? General info or comments appreciated too. Anyone have experience with this brand?

RB

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Some previous discussions on this subject.

[/u][/u][/u]

jessicarfc75

Rough_Rock
...not consistently cut well...not GIA or AGS certified...extra row of pavillion facets for a total of 66...thick girdles...be afraid...VERY AFRAID!:-o

jessicarfc75

Rough_Rock
I agree w/ Mr. Holloway...demand proportions, reports, etc...the variances can be tremendous!:wavey:

dgale

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 7/18/2002 1:04:46 PM RubyBleu wrote:

Looking for honest info regarding the Leo cut - especially prof. opinions. What should I look for specific to this cut that you would regard as critical? General info or comments appreciated too. Anyone have experience with this brand?

RB----------------

hello, I love the leo diamond, I have one it is VS2/F 1.5 ct it is cut perfect the brillance is and then some... let me tell you there is always different grades in diamonds no matter where they come from, always scope the diamond before you buy it! some tiny inclusions are ok but you as a buyer should be aware of just what your getting. look for cut first make sure the white light return is great, then color I would go with nothing less tha F in color, then clarity and nothing under si1...the leo is also gem-ex for the light return.also having eight more facets than others- some leo's are better than other leo's as all diamonds- in any class just remember have the seller show you their guide on diamonds and look under the gem-scope.
I hope I was some help...
wavey.gif

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
I disagree. Though I love colorless stones, in great cuts you can certainly drop color well below a F and still have a very very white facing stone! There are folks here thrilled with their J stones, it's all a matter of taste, so see what YOU like, that's what matters!!
1.gif

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
RubyBleu,

I sort of like them but they are subject to the same optical issues that any other cut has. This means that stones proportions are just as important with a Leo as they are with a round brilliant. Unfortunately, the dealers seem to want to discuss the number of facets as an alternative to talking about the real data and they can use this tactic to pass through some otherwise pretty marginal stones. Stick to your guns and they’ll give you the real info. Sarin analysis, Idealscope, HCA and all the other toys work on these just fine and you can draw the same conclusions. I’ve also seen them accompanied by AGSL grading reports. They have a fairly limited distributorship but there are usually several choices in every market. As mentioned above, there several competitors with similar round specialty cuts.

Neil Beaty, GG ISA
Independent Appraisals in Denver

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results