shape
carat
color
clarity

The kittens are here!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Matata said:
Gawd B.E.G. I am so in love with your boys. Maliik (more accurately known as the brat or the silver demon) is now 5 months old and it looks like he's going to be larger than Juba Kai. I love having a kitten around the house but the Juba & Taji are exhausted.
Matata, omg, gorgeousness. Is that Juba or Taji in the picture with Maliik? Maliik is soooo beautiful - I would LOVE to have a silver spotted cat, either Bengal or Savannah (I'd kind of like to get a Savannah though to change it up and keep my boys on their toes!). I'd love to see more pics!

Zoe said:
I love these threads, and I always love seeing updated pictures. :love:

:) Thanks Zoe!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
B.E.G. it's Juba in the pic. Here are a few more of Maliik, younger & current.

pb1.jpg

water1.jpg

12days old.jpg

pavimaliik.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Matata said:
B.E.G. it's Juba in the pic. Here are a few more of Maliik, younger & current.

:love:

How old is he now? And who was your breeder, if you don't mind my asking?

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure which cat you were talking about BEG. Juba is almost 3 yrs. old, bred by Julia Dent at Avalon Savannahs. Maliik is 5 months old, bred by Sabira Woolley at Jua Ini. Highly recommend both breeders.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Matata said:
Not sure which cat you were talking about BEG. Juba is almost 3 yrs. old, bred by Julia Dent at Avalon Savannahs. Maliik is 5 months old, bred by Sabira Woolley at Jua Ini. Highly recommend both breeders.

Thanks so much! I'm drooling over the babies at Avalon right now. I sooo want one of those girls! I think that's my next big purchase once I finally get a job :) What is their pet pricing like? I don't want to e-mail them since I'm not seriously looking right now.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Julia gets top dollar for her cats because they are so close to serval body type. Can't beat the personality of her kitties either. She is superb when it comes to socializing them. If you buy from her, I doubt you'll pay less than $3500 and probably in the $4000-4500 range for a spotted cat.

F2 Females of excellent type tend to be more expensive because they are fertile and other breeders scoop them up. Male F2s, being sterile, are usually less expensive. However, she recently sold a male for $6500.

Females on average -- $3500-6000+ Males $2000-4500+

Occasionally there are savannahs born that do not conform to the TICA standard -- marbles who have no spots for example. They are more reasonably priced.

Shoot, I almost forgot -- prices for lower generation cats F3 and under are lower -- $1000-$2000 for F3s and in the hundreds for lower generation.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Matata said:
Julia gets top dollar for her cats because they are so close to serval body type. Can't beat the personality of her kitties either. She is superb when it comes to socializing them. If you buy from her, I doubt you'll pay less than $3500 and probably in the $4000-4500 range for a spotted cat.

F2 Females of excellent type tend to be more expensive because they are fertile and other breeders scoop them up. Male F2s, being sterile, are usually less expensive. However, she recently sold a male for $6500.

Females on average -- $3500-6000+ Males $2000-4500+

Occasionally there are savannahs born that do not conform to the TICA standard -- marbles who have no spots for example. They are more reasonably priced.

Shoot, I almost forgot -- prices for lower generation cats F3 and under are lower -- $1000-$2000 for F3s and in the hundreds for lower generation.

Whew that is high, but I can understand it considering they're early generation and gorgeous, to boot. I will definitely need to save up for a while but they're just soooo beautiful (as is Maliik and Juba).

SanDiegoLady said:
This is still one of my favorite threads ever... ever. ever. ever.. :bigsmile:

Aw thank you SDL! I haven't seen you around on PS much lately - I'm glad to see you posting! :)

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
No new Kipling/Dante pics, but I've found a kitten I want! I SO want to add a third kitten, a little girl this time, and I really want a silver, and gosh I really really want this one!

silvfem.jpg

silver1.jpg

silvfm.jpg

charcoalsnow094.jpg

charcoalsnow052.jpg

charcoalsnow100.jpg

catwalk82

Shiny_Rock
such beautiful cats! I really enjoy all the pictures.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
catwalk82 said:
such beautiful cats! I really enjoy all the pictures.

Thank you Catwalk! :)

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She is precious B.E.G. and you definitely need 3 (or more) :naughty:

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Matata said:
She is precious B.E.G. and you definitely need 3 (or more) :naughty:

Enabler! :bigsmile:

Funny story about the shenanigans Bengals get up to -

So the kittens are staying in the hot tub room, which we use as an office (and the hot tub as storage). There are bookcases in the room that the kittens like to hop into and out of and if there's anything small and loose in those shelves, they'll knock it down to bat around. I walked into the room last night to find a piece of paper on the floor that the kittens had gotten from one of the shelves and partially chewed. Opened it up and what do I find? A speeding ticket for $85 that my dad got last year that he never told my mom and me about. Whoops! He had just hidden the ticket in the shelves and there it would have stayed, hidden forever, if not for my way too inquisitive cats! :razz:

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
This thread is evil. Every time I view it, it makes me want a kitten even more desperately! ;( ;( ;(

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awwww gorgeous kitties BEG, matata, portia :love:

BEG - The boys would love a sister, I'm sure of it! :halo:

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just checking in on your kitties. They must be an insane handful there. Two of them. lol My new kitten goes through little fits where he races around the house, crashes into everything and then knocks over pictures, scatters papers, etc. One day I had to leave the house just because of how wild he was acting! lol Luckily those episodes only last an hour then he spends 2-3 acting all cute and adorable on the couch. Purrrr!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Trekkie said:
This thread is evil. Every time I view it, it makes me want a kitten even more desperately! ;( ;( ;(

Get one get one get one!!! :D

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Yssie said:
Awwww gorgeous kitties BEG, matata, portia :love:

BEG - The boys would love a sister, I'm sure of it! :halo:

Aw thanks Yssie! I don't know - I'd be worried the boys would beat up on her. And then I'd have to get a FOURTH cat to keep the third one company!

Crazy cat lady me....

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
MC said:
Just checking in on your kitties. They must be an insane handful there. Two of them. lol My new kitten goes through little fits where he races around the house, crashes into everything and then knocks over pictures, scatters papers, etc. One day I had to leave the house just because of how wild he was acting! lol Luckily those episodes only last an hour then he spends 2-3 acting all cute and adorable on the couch. Purrrr!

Aww MC is that the kitty in your av? Or another one? Pics please! :) I love the manic episodes of kitten-ness, even though they scare the crap out of me when my two go through it and chase each other all around the house and up and down the furniture!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
B.E.G. said:
MC said:

Aww MC is that the kitty in your av? Or another one? Pics please! :) I love the manic episodes of kitten-ness, even though they scare the crap out of me when my two go through it and chase each other all around the house and up and down the furniture!
Nope, the one in my avatar is my other kitty. The one I have now is solid black. So was the last one I had. I should start a thread about halloween kitties. lol I wanted to name him Pumpkin, but DH nixed that. His name is Licorice. :)

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
MC said:
B.E.G. said:
MC said:

Nope, the one in my avatar is my other kitty. The one I have now is solid black. So was the last one I had. I should start a thread about halloween kitties. lol I wanted to name him Pumpkin, but DH nixed that. His name is Licorice. :)

Aw I like that - Licorice! One of my neighbors has the most gorgeous plump black cat with a white blaze down his nose and chest. He's gorgeous and so friendly.

In case anyone is interested, I finally got around to uploading some vids of the kittens on Youtube - some are pretty poor quality due to low resolution and the fact that I used my iPhone to make the video, but this one is the best one. Please ignore the voices in the background.

ETA: Whoops. Don't think we're allowed to post links to Youtube. I removed it just in case we aren't. But if you want to search, I have a user acct. I only use for pet vids (no personal info) - do a search for BrownEyedGirl0710 and you'll find my kitten vids.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
[/quote]

Aw I like that - Licorice! [/quote]

Thanks. It's really hard coming up with a name for a pet when four people are involved in the decision-making process. I came up with the name at 10 pm one night while my younger son was sleep and my DH was gone. My older son was awake and liked the name so we began calling him that before we even adopted him (had just seen his CL ad and talked to the owner and confirmed a meet-up time)! I feel a bit bad though that I sometimes call him by our last black cat's name "cashew." Because he died in such a tragic way (during the summer), I think my older son and I are still morning him a bit because we were the most attached to him.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I think these are the most beautiful cats I have ever seen. Especially Maliik.

Someday I will hopefully be married, and I will hopefully have money, and I WILL own one of these beautiful creatures.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
SanDiegoLady said:
I'm sooo loving the silver.. !! :bigsmile:

ME TOO! I want!!! The boys need another playmate right? Right??? :)

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
MC said:
Thanks. It's really hard coming up with a name for a pet when four people are involved in the decision-making process. I came up with the name at 10 pm one night while my younger son was sleep and my DH was gone. My older son was awake and liked the name so we began calling him that before we even adopted him (had just seen his CL ad and talked to the owner and confirmed a meet-up time)! I feel a bit bad though that I sometimes call him by our last black cat's name "cashew." Because he died in such a tragic way (during the summer), I think my older son and I are still morning him a bit because we were the most attached to him.

That's perfectly understandable. I mean, my mom named one of her new Chihuahua puppies Coco (after our first Chihuahua, Cocoa, who passed last November - and he was her baby). I think it's totally reasonable to accidentally call the new kitten Cashew, and it's almost like the spirit of Cashew (love that name btw) is still around, right? Btw, off-topic, I absolutely love food names. I wanted to name the kittens after food items but my BF at the time nixed that (two of my best friend's dogs are named Soda and Streudal, another friend's dog is named Toro (sushi), etc.).

Ex-BF is the one who came up with Kipling (Jungle book, leopard cat, connection made!), and then I decided to stay with the literary theme and name the second one Dante. If I got a little girl, I was considering naming her Rossetti (after Dante Gabriel Rossetti and Christina Rossetti, the poets), which keeps my theme but seems more feminine.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
dragonfly411 said:
I think these are the most beautiful cats I have ever seen. Especially Maliik.

Someday I will hopefully be married, and I will hopefully have money, and I WILL own one of these beautiful creatures.

Thanks DF!

Btw, kittens can be expensive, but often breeders will adopt out their retired breeders for a LOT less money (and usually they're still pretty young - around 2-5 years old). That could be a good and more affordable option. Bengaland in PA, if you join their mailing list, sends out notices if they have a retired cat available (or an owner turn-in of a previously sold kitten).

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
SanDiegoLady said:
B.E.G. said:
SanDiegoLady said:
I'm sooo loving the silver.. !! :bigsmile:

ME TOO! I want!!! The boys need another playmate right? Right??? :)

Oh yes.. absolutely so! I tried to get Steve to agree to bring a multi toed boy home from the shelter the other day but he was adamantly saying NO NO NO.. This boy had 16 toes on front & almost the same on the back two feets.. hilarious boy.. he was using the front extra toes like opposable thumbs. lol

Aw go get him anyway! I bet he won't be able to take it back once the little cuddlebug is actually there :devil:

I found another silver girl I want, this time a Savannah (I think the boys are getting lazy - they need a manic kitten to liven them up!). Unfortunately, she is $900 more than I have right now, but if I had the money, she'd be on the way to me right now. :love:

Silver Savannah girl - I can't remember who, but I think one of the PSers (Matata? Portia?) got one of their Savannahs from the same breeder. Want!

Girl1.8wk2.jpg

Girl1.8wk1.jpg

Girl1.8wk.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhhhh BEEEEEG, looky what I found at Argent Savannahs. Too bad I'm going out of town for a couple days and won't be able to check in so if you want to accuse me of enabling again, go right ahead. :devil:

silver2.jpg

silvergirl3.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Matata, he? she? is gorgeous!!!

I'm SO tempted. I can't even begin to tell you. I'm in no position to be getting another cat right now, but I want one, and eventually I AM getting a third one, and I want to do so while the boys are still young to up the chances that they'll all bond.

I checked - the girl I posted on this page is from Lequoia Cattery where you got Taji? from? I remember writing the name of the cattery down in a past thread. The breeder offers a payment plan too so that I can pay over five months. Aggggh temptation! Enabler! :)

SDL - extra toes are awesome! That's just so cute. Is hubby going out of town anytime soon? He can come back to cute kitty surprise! :D

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a girl on the Argent site. She's expensive due to that gorgeous contrast of black & white. I got Taji from Lequoia. Christina is a terrific person and her cats are fabulous. Personality plus. She is totally hands-on with all the kitties and they are very well socialized. If you do cave in (I can tell you're close LOL) let me know. Maybe we can arrange a get together.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Matata said:
It's a girl on the Argent site. She's expensive due to that gorgeous contrast of black & white. I got Taji from Lequoia. Christina is a terrific person and her cats are fabulous. Personality plus. She is totally hands-on with all the kitties and they are very well socialized. If you do cave in (I can tell you're close LOL) let me know. Maybe we can arrange a get together.

I am INSANELY tempted. Unfortunately, I'm at home at my mom's place, and I really can't get another cat, nor should I really be spending the money on another one. But! Christina said I can do a five-month payment plan during which the kitten will stay with her, get all her shots, get spayed, etc. and I wonder and I hope that by then I'll have a job and be out again and able to afford and have another kitten. But the legal economy sucks and it's not been easy finding a job, so I don't know. But I want her!

The kitten from Argent is gorgeous. I just went and looked on the website, and got sucked into watching ADORABLE videos of the kittens on Youtube. I love the videos with the kittens chasing each other in, out and around the box, and the one facing off against the hamster toy. So cute!

If I do get the kitten from Christina, I may end up flying out to Portland (my BFF lives there), and conning her into driving with me to the breeder. I'm way overdue to visit her anyway :razz: If I do, I will definitely let you know - I'd love to meet you!

Temptation, temptation.....

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results