shape
carat
color
clarity

The Jury Is In: JamesAllen Diamond Under Idealscope

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

drewbot

Rough_Rock
Cool
25.gif

IdealScope23.JPG

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
So drew, how does that compare to your ebay stone?
11.gif

drewbot

Rough_Rock
35.gif

IdealScope13.JPG

drewbot

Rough_Rock
somehow i got better pictures of my rotten tomato. I''ll try again later :)

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very distant cousin of Lopsy Fugs? She looks lovely!

drewbot

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 1:20:28 AM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)
Slightly deep - I suspect HCA is +2?

Slightly painted - but it is not totally saving it
I think that its 60.9% if my memory serves me. It''s .85 carat and around 6.16mm in diameter if i can recall.

The cool thing is that I put it under 10x and 50x right up next to the CZ that is used in the Idealscope kit for comparison, and the dimentions are very close. Girdle and table are the same sizes. I have the GIA but not with me.

what is painted?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/4/2009 3:04:59 PM
Author: drewbot

I think that its 60.9% if my memory serves me. It''s .85 carat and around 6.16mm in diameter if i can recall.

The cool thing is that I put it under 10x and 50x right up next to the CZ that is used in the Idealscope kit for comparison, and the dimentions are very close. Girdle and table are the same sizes. I have the GIA but not with me.

what is painted?
Hi Drew,

Painting is a girdle treatment which can in some cases enhance the desirable visual properties of a diamond, more reading here if you have the time,

http://journal.pricescope.com/Articles/45/1/Visible-Effects-of-Painting--Digging-on-Superideal-Diamonds.aspx

Your diamond looks good!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think that its 60.9% if my memory serves me. It's .85 carat and around 6.16mm in diameter if i can recall.

what is painted?

drewbot, Garry is not talking about the depth when he says "deep."

I thought you learned something about diamonds after the ebay debacle. Then you quickly jumped on to this stone without asking for anyone's opinion; you just posted the link to the diamond and said you already bought it. I was very surprised that you picked it, because I knew it was deep and leaked from the picture. I hadn't yet commented in this thread or the last because you seem to be trying to appease your own desire to "do things your own way" rather than try to find a nice stone for your girlfriend.
40.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the IS looks good. Certainly many times better than the previous ebay stone.
3.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/4/2009 3:10:47 PM
Author: JulieN

I think that its 60.9% if my memory serves me. It's .85 carat and around 6.16mm in diameter if i can recall.

what is painted?

drewbot, Garry is not talking about the depth when he says 'deep.'

I thought you learned something about diamonds after the ebay debacle. Then you quickly jumped on to this stone without asking for anyone's opinion; you just posted the link to the diamond and said you already bought it. I was very surprised that you picked it, because I knew it was deep and leaked from the picture. I hadn't yet commented in this thread or the last because you seem to be trying to appease your own desire to 'do things your own way' rather than try to find a nice stone for your girlfriend.
40.gif
I linked this diamond Julie for Drew which he purchased, this is the link I believe. It is certainly an improvement on the other one, and it is a good diamond for the price. 34/ 41.

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/G-SI1-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1211214.asp?b=16&a=12&c=77&cid=131

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ah, ok. Never mind, never mind. Pay no attention to me.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/4/2009 3:22:00 PM
Author: JulieN
ah, ok. Never mind, never mind. Pay no attention to me.
35.gif

drewbot

Rough_Rock
Hah. yeah well... I didn''t just buy the rock because I trusted Lorelei''s judgement (even though I do), although I did benchmark against it for hours on end. The HCA is 1.3 I think. I selected it based on the diameter, price, convinient placement of the one "dominant" inclusion that probably can''t be seen anyways, and of course the GIA report, and the seller. Not to mention the reccomendations on this board!

JamesAllen is a good seller. They accepted my Discover card which provided me 2% back (and zero interest for 6 months) instead of just 1.5% on the wire transfer. At a payment in 6 months at a 3% annual inflation, that accounts for another discount of $40. I got the stone for $2600 in today''s dollars

37.gif
<----

And at the opportunity cost of what i could actually be earning instead of spending more time looking, I decided to pull the trigger. Looking at it in person, i have no regrets. It''s perfect... and it will make a perfect engagement ring.

Thanks again for all of your input!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/5/2009 10:31:51 AM
Hah. yeah well... I didn''t just buy the rock because I trusted Lorelei''s judgement (even though I do), although I did benchmark against it for hours on end. The HCA is 1.3 I think. I selected it based on the diameter, price, convinient placement of the one ''dominant'' inclusion that probably can''t be seen anyways, and of course the GIA report, and the seller. Not to mention the reccomendations on this board!

JamesAllen is a good seller. They accepted my Discover card which provided me 2% back (and zero interest for 6 months) instead of just 1.5% on the wire transfer. At a payment in 6 months at a 3% annual inflation, that accounts for another discount of $40. I got the stone for $2600 in today''s dollars

37.gif
<----

And at the opportunity cost of what i could actually be earning instead of spending more time looking, I decided to pull the trigger. Looking at it in person, i have no regrets. It''s perfect... and it will make a perfect engagement ring.

Thanks again for all of your input!
Its a good rock Drew - no worries!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks great. Enjoy that sparkler!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results