shape
carat
color
clarity

The journey has ended, my upgrade...

bebe

Ideal_Rock
On Monday, I finally will have this on my finger! I hope. Looong story!
4.26 ct. cushion
F
SI1

center stone sourced by Mark of Engagement Rings Direct
Setting by Leon Mege of Art of Platinum

Trap side stones 1.07 tctw.
diamond melee, just a little over 1ct. (I think I remember that right)

More details later. I just wanted to get this posted.

Leon ring 1again.jpg

Mediterranean

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
WOOOO!! I''m awake NOW, LOL!! That''s one of the most beautiful rings I have ever seen!!!
30.gif
30.gif

Truly, truly truly a masterpiece!! I love absolutely everything about it! Handshots! Handshots! You know we can''t let you get away without a handshot, a flower shot, a pet-shot , hee hee
11.gif

It really is just too amazing for words! Enjoy it in happiness and health and good fortune always!!!!

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
*swoon*

seriously sublime!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOWZERS, can''t wait for hand shots!!!! Wooooo hoooo
36.gif

bebe

Ideal_Rock
You guys have no idea how nervous I am about this ring!!

After the ring taking an unplanned mini vacation in Dallas over the weekend, I will pick it up on Monday.
(more on that later)

I will do all the handshots and the obligatory flower shots once I get it. Warning, I am a terrible photographer.

There are a few issues I have to get past, but I will wait until I see it in person.

The center stone was a needle in a haystack to find. I feel lucky I got the color, size and shape I wanted. I wish the clarity
was better, but like Mark said, it gets so tough when you get into a larger stone. I had 3 vendors looking and this stone was the
only one that came even close to what I wanted.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Stephanie, I wanted to tell you, your SO reminds me of Dale Earnhardt Jr. I was at the Houston GTG, meant to tell you then!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks like it will be one stunning ring! I can''t wait to see more pictures.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
WOW
30.gif
Beautiful ring! Looking forward to more pictures!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
WOW! Looks incredible! Can''t wait for more pics!
30.gif

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
I love it! Also can''t wait to see hand pics. Remember, there is no such thing as "too many pictures."
36.gif

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone.
You guys are waiting for pictures,
imagine waiting for the ring!!!!!

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
WOW, gorgeous!

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Holy cow. I cannot wait for more photos!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh bebe, it''s stunning. I can''t wait for hand pics. You must be sooo thrilled.
30.gif
30.gif

bebe

Ideal_Rock
I promise pictures.

This all began in 2001 when I almost bought a Beaudry ring. But I thought it was overpriced.
I found PS and then total confusion set in. There are so many beautiful rings here, so many choices.
I have gone from wanting an EC, Radiant, Oval, RB and finally a cushion. I settled on the cushion
because it has the rectangular shape I like. The stone search was a last minute thing. Hubby and
I were going to NYC and he insisted I find a stone. So we spent 4 days looking at stones and this
cushion really was the closet stone to what I wanted. Mark could not have been any nicer. He was
the last vendor I saw, I almost gave up hope after seeing the other stones. Mark also had
some EC''s for me to look at. They were so stunning. And I wonder if I made the right choice
sometimes. Too late now, huh!

The entire trip was clouded because Hurrican Ike was hammering Houston and we had no idea
what we were coming home to. It''s hard to focus on diamonds when you have visions of your
home being destroyed. But there was nothing we could do. We ended up driving home from NYC,
2 1/2 days. We didn''t have power for 13 days and I was worried Leon might have questions
during that time. Turns out he didn''t. I left the stone with him on Sept. 12th and will
actually put the ring on my finger Dec. 8th. That''s a long wait, but worth it.

We met with Leon for a a little over 3 hours. He wasn''t sure about my idea of using the traps.
He suggested bullets, but I wasn''t crazy about very small bullets on this design. I now understand why he uses
the bullets on a very thin shank. He likes seeing the end of the bullet fade into the shank. Nice, yes.
Impossible to do with a trap and I wanted a wider shank. So we played with side stones
and he decided he liked the traps after all! I was afraid I was "glopping" the ring up and
asked Leon to not let me ruin it. We played with all sorts of ideas and in the end I just wanted
Leon to do what he thougt/felt was best. There is a rose gold fleur de lis in the gallery, I am
worried it is too large. But I am trying not to freak out about it until I see the ring in person.
I attempted to further personalize the ring by asking Leon to burnish set 1 red garnet and
3 amethysts inside the shank. Those are our family birthstones. He could not find 1mm
stones. So we settled for diamonds! Working with Leon was easy for me. He and I connected
and I found conversation easy with him. I hope in the future we can create something else.

(2 more sleeps)

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beth, after having met you, I know that ring is going to rock on your pretty hand!!!!! It''s gorgeous, and I am sooooo looking forward to seeing it on your hand!!!!

I don''t know if you''ve seen my pics on Facebook, but Trent at WF took some awesome pics of you and Amy looking at diamonds, and they''re in my FB photo album!

I am coming back down for the Diamond Exhibition at the Houston Museum of Natural History, sometime from May - September, so maybe we''ll try to put together another PS GTG around the Diamond Exhibition!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow! Amazing ring.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/6/2008 6:11:43 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
Beth, after having met you, I know that ring is going to rock on your pretty hand!!!!! It''s gorgeous, and I am sooooo looking forward to seeing it on your hand!!!!

I don''t know if you''ve seen my pics on Facebook, but Trent at WF took some awesome pics of you and Amy looking at diamonds, and they''re in my FB photo album!

I am coming back down for the Diamond Exhibition at the Houston Museum of Natural History, sometime from May - September, so maybe we''ll try to put together another PS GTG around the Diamond Exhibition!
I tried to check out FR, but failed. I''ll give it another try.
Great idea for the Diamond Exhibition - a must for sure!

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
I''m sure it will be love at first sight but I understand your anxiousness.

Good luck with the pictures! I''m looking forward to them.
30.gif

Cachette
1.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW, beautiful!

Beaglemom

Shiny_Rock
That is going to be an amazing ring!! Can''t wait for more pictures.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I think my heart stopped beating for a second....Beautiful! I can''t wait to see it on your hand.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone. It means a lot to me to read your opinions.

There are so many beautiful rings here on PS, I feel it''s an honor
to finally include mine. PS is the first site I read when signing on every morning.
I have been here a very long time
2.gif
so I feel I really know most of you.
PS is not only entertainment, but I''ve learned so much here.

(ha, can''t wait to change my avatar and maybe add a little Santa cap to my stone!)

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/6/2008 8:18:10 PM
Author: bebe
Thank you everyone. It means a lot to me to read your opinions.

There are so many beautiful rings here on PS, I feel it''s an honor
to finally include mine. PS is the first site I read when signing on every morning.
I have been here a very long time
2.gif
so I feel I really know most of you.
PS is not only entertainment, but I''ve learned so much here.

(ha, can''t wait to change my avatar and maybe add a little Santa cap to my stone!)
WOW..your new ring ranks in the top 3 here on PS. (according to my list anyway....)
30.gif
Can''t wait to see more pics!!

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
WOW, what an incredible ring. Look forward to the "rose gold fleur de lis" and the birthstones!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/6/2008 9:39:27 PM
Author: Snooper
WOW, what an incredible ring. Look forward to the ''rose gold fleur de lis'' and the birthstones!
Snooper, Leon couldn''t do the birthstones, he did diamonds instead.
He searched for 2 weeks trying to find 1mm stones. I finally told him,
heck, just do diamonds! I wanted all 4 diamonds together, but for some
reason he put 3 together and 1 on the opposite shank side.
I am a bit worried about the fleur de lis, to be honest.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!! More pics, ASAP!!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Pics will have to wait til I get it!! tee hee

I should have it around noon on Monday.
You know, I''m wondering what kind of box
Leon sent with it!! I''ll take pics to share!
Honestly, he could wrap it in Saran Wrap
and I''d be happy.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results