shape
carat
color
clarity

The Jewelry Factory in Norristown

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ski62383

Rough_Rock
I am new the this board. I actually just found it today in doing research about the Jewelry Factory. I am a beginner with diamonds, but I getting engaged soon. I have been to a couple of local jewelry stores and know the basics.

Knowing the basics makes me think that I would be foolish to be a diamond from the jewelry factory that is a "house diamond" and does not have any kind of certification. It is 1.09ct princess cut and is selling for $2874.70. I looked at is the magnifying glass but I am not trained to know what I am looking for. I know to look for black spots and I could not see any, but again not trained. Please let me know if I should forget about that diamond. I think I know the answer but I just wanted to confirm.

Also as far as buying diamonds online from a place like pricescope. The guy who talked to me at the local jewelry store said that you had to be careful buying loose stones online. He said a lot of times the stones crack when they are set. What should I look for in a website when looking online.

Thank you to anyone who responds.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2007 7:46:50 PM
Author:Ski62383

Knowing the basics makes me think that I would be foolish to be a diamond from the jewelry factory that is a ''house diamond'' and does not have any kind of certification.
Foolish is a bit strong...but this is a pretty well vetted forum...and I think advice will steer you to a certified diamond. The consequence could more than double your expense, or save you money...whether you''re looking for a princess type or not.

P.S. For Princesses in particular, do read here about what AGS has done for them.

Regards,

SpeedracerII

Rough_Rock
style="WIDTH: 99%; HEIGHT: 60px">Date: 7/28/2007 7:46:50 PM
Author:Ski62383

Also as far as buying diamonds online from a place like pricescope. The guy who talked to me at the local jewelry store said that you had to be careful buying loose stones online. He said a lot of times the stones crack when they are set. What should I look for in a website when looking online.
I''m sure he does not want you to look on-line because you may find a much better deal. Buying from any PS listed vendor will be fine. Why would stones bought on-line be prone to cracking? Talk about scare tactics.

Ski62383

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the feedback. The store is actually now called the Jewelry exchange in norristown. It is part of the chain that I have seen people talk about on this forum before. I think I am going to try to find a good buy online.

Anyone with suggestions on a nice princess cut around 1 ct, looking to stay under $3000 but I am flexable and appreciate any feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results