shape
carat
color
clarity

The "it's so ME" antique dream piece thread

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
I'm sure many of you have pics saved of rings or other antique pieces that made your jaw drop and you said to yourself, "that's so ME". But maybe it was too expensive or, the practical side of you thought, "where would I really wear this?" . I want to see your pics! And , maybe why it's so YOU or special in your eyes!
I found one today, a deco ring with emeralds, diamonds and black enamel. I love the boldness, the geometric deco lines and it's got some of the most beautiful filigree details in the gallery! Emerald is my birthstone and I would love to have a bold emerald statement piece like this someday!
20200503_171347.jpg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG that is amazing!!

I'll have to do some research and come back and share, we spent the past two days demolishing and building a new shed, I am pooped!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This Art Deco era shield ring is mine, but not because I bought it. It has been in my family, and it was passed on to me.
I’m quite certain that this piece would set me back quite a bit, financially, now. So, if I were to see this ring available, tomorrow, I’d only be wearing it in my dreams.
This ring was the inspiration for my wedding set.
The filigree and the detail are romantic and exquisite.
I wanted something similar, but something that was mine, to be passed on to future generations.

This ring is very much me, and has spoken to me since I was 15. Amazingly, it is my size, and I never had to adjust it to fit me.

It remains one of my most cherished pieces of jewelry.

7ACE034A-2996-44C3-9AE8-CE20B44F4F91.jpeg 66A677FB-E8B1-47FE-A43B-B289109D9DBB.jpeg 4919631D-E71B-4CFB-95E6-F2B693BF6D2A.jpeg

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
@Pinkmartini87 that is beautiful, I love that the outer halo is scalloped. I love details like that!

@syd33 that is the most glamorous , over-the-top snake ring I've ever seen! I like the shield cut, too.

@Matthews1127 you lucky gal, a shield ring is on my "must have someday" list. I used to think they were all pretty much the same. As I've been looking at them more (with an eye toward maybe pouncing on one that really speaks to me) I've realized the layouts and details are quite varied. Yours has lovely details and plenty of bling! Is it platinum? I'm asking because it's in such crisp condition. I see them in white gold sometimes, but they tend to look a bit beat up. I love how you carried over some of the design elements to your ring.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Almond Blossom Opal Ring is the most amazing piece of jewellery art I’d seen made with Opal.
Opals are my favourite gem.
And if I win the lottery, this is the Art Nouveau opal and enamel necklace I will add to my collection.
1E3A77FE-0E4F-4CDD-890C-F28CE660DAE7.jpeg 6AF93F5D-88E2-43FE-B9F7-5C3FCF68326B.jpeg 4C043F6F-1CBF-4EE7-83E3-0BD511E166E3.jpeg

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Omg, @Bron357 , that opal is legendary! If I recall , that got the coveted JOTW ! A masterful piece of art. I think I'd sit on the patio and marvel at it too! I would love an opal, especially one of those Australian prized (Lightning Ridge?) opals. But I'm afraid I would wreck an opal!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
The ring is something, for sure, but just the cut of the diamonds gets to me - www

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I shared this "dream" ring I did not get a few times most recently in this thread which you might enjoy checking out.

And the dream piece I didn't get:

oldcutdreamring.png

oldcutdreamringfaceup.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My dream OEC which I am lucky enough to own.

bubbalahincarnyc.png

bubbalahamongstgreens.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And while not technically "antique" it is vintage and it is my dream colored gem. My Cartier 1972 Black Opal.

cartierblackopalandleibishpinkdiamondband.jpg.png

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I'm sure many of you have pics saved of rings or other antique pieces that made your jaw drop and you said to yourself, "that's so ME". But maybe it was too expensive or, the practical side of you thought, "where would I really wear this?" . I want to see your pics! And , maybe why it's so YOU or special in your eyes!
I found one today, a deco ring with emeralds, diamonds and black enamel. I love the boldness, the geometric deco lines and it's got some of the most beautiful filigree details in the gallery! Emerald is my birthstone and I would love to have a bold emerald statement piece like this someday!
20200503_171347.jpg

That's seriously a great ring. I have a tsav garnet coming soon and the concept is tempting. It's almost 4 CT so it's a good size. I was going to probably do CvB's Clara.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay so the first one is a ring I saw on CVB's IG and was totally smitten. It's pink and feminine and just everything I love, it will not be mine because pink diamonds are way out of any ballpark I will ever play in. Obviously not antique but vintage inspired:

IMG_8316.jpg My ring

A little while back The Curio on IG posted this freaking amazing ring that I had to ask about because....I just had to! It is a 1.30 center with additional diamonds in the setting. Platinum circa 1920. I love the squared off shape the setting gives the center stone and how geometric it is, very deco. It's actually similar to a ring I own (and well...$6,000) so not happening anytime soon! For reference here is my ring and the Curio's, sorry not a great picture but I snapped it from an IG video.

(the baby)
IMG_7112.JPG

Curio's ring (the momma)
IMG_8318.JPG

oodlesofpoodles

Shiny_Rock
Trade
20200503_171347.jpg

I have been watching this one forever! I love it so - I haven't posted it because I just know someone is going to snatch it up. I would give up my emerald for this one as it combines all my favorite things - deco, onyx, and emerald - what are the odds that this will still be around when I can make it mine? Not good I know.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Pinkmartini87 that is beautiful, I love that the outer halo is scalloped. I love details like that!

@syd33 that is the most glamorous , over-the-top snake ring I've ever seen! I like the shield cut, too.

@Matthews1127 you lucky gal, a shield ring is on my "must have someday" list. I used to think they were all pretty much the same. As I've been looking at them more (with an eye toward maybe pouncing on one that really speaks to me) I've realized the layouts and details are quite varied. Yours has lovely details and plenty of bling! Is it platinum? I'm asking because it's in such crisp condition. I see them in white gold sometimes, but they tend to look a bit beat up. I love how you carried over some of the design elements to your ring.

Shield rings are awesome, and the finger coverage is amazing! They make a statement with such beautiful presence. Each one has its own personality and uniqueness!
When I inherited this piece, I was a sophomore in high school. I had no idea what I was looking at, nor did I appreciate the history behind it.
I just liked looking at it, and the design spoke to me.
It is, indeed, platinum.
My mother locked it away in a safe deposit box, until I was much older. She waited until I was mature, and could truly care for it the way it deserved to be treated. I think she was afraid I’d lose it, or it would get stolen....and I agreed it should be safe, until it was meant to be mine.
I didn’t see it again, until my 38th birthday. My mother asked me what I wanted, and I told her, “I’d like to have the ring Aunt Katie meant for me. I think I’m grown enough to care for it, now...lol!”
Sure enough, she got it out of the safe deposit box, along with other heirloom pieces. She asked me to take one last look to make sure that was the one I wanted (until the rest were to be passed down to me). I didn’t hesitate. The shield ring was what I wanted. She took it to the family jeweler to have it inspected and cleaned. I opened it on my 38th birthday.
It took a long time to get that pretty baby on my finger! Good things come to those who wait! :lol-2:

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m back with pictures to continue my earlier post!
But super bummed couldn’t find the carved ring I almost bought a few years ago, and also forgot to mention Giardinetti earlier :love:

C3F0518B-68D2-4465-B3B9-DACEBCB448EB.jpeg 7EFC3B4E-B698-460C-9AD7-DA1E274FA349.jpeg 9E0B846C-2679-4959-A6FB-D82EFBE8E510.jpeg 2526D219-C1DD-4A0B-A54A-C40B8BFB2CC3.jpeg AA67C9B1-AA8B-4AEA-87F1-E86562E5A6C2.jpeg CDC27C04-B28F-4BF6-A141-5C45476ECFB1.jpeg AC9D80F2-E6D6-4FB0-B9A8-F9DEEB0B76EE.jpeg 95080351-122D-4183-9A8A-090250E5040A.png

- A vintage high crown French cut eternity band wouldn’t be too much to ask either - no?

Have I mentioned I’m really missing having calibre onyx in my jewelry box?

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results