shape
carat
color
clarity

The interiors of your homes!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
The recent thread on carpets vs.hardwood floors yielded some interior pictures of Price Scope member's homes! Now im interested in seeing more of your homes and how you have decorated them! As many of you know im looking to purchase my first condo and I want ideas how to decorate the interiors!Lets see those living rooms,kitchens,bedrooms and bathrooms you have worked hard on!I'm also interested in looking a pictures of patios also.Price Scope members have great taste and style...lets see it!

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock
We bought this house just before our son was born and chose not to do anything to it until he was one because it would be too disruptive. Now that we are about to get cracking on it I am tempted to post a picture of my bathroom before we change it - it really is the ugliest I have ever seen.

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
DH and I don't have taste, but I had to chime in to say HGTV is filming an episode of a decorating show at our house in 2 weeks!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
My apartment is ALMOST done. I completely started from scratch early this year and it's been a slow and steady budget friendly process, so I'm excited that it's almost done! I'll post pics after the weekend of the bedroom. Cause I'm waiting on delivery of a mirror for above the headboard. And next week the living room should be nearly there, I'm waiting for a few custom framing things from Micheal.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sba--That is SO COOL! Are you going to get some free decorating out of it????

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
sba771|1318539142|3039628 said:
DH and I don't have taste, but I had to chime in to say HGTV is filming an episode of a decorating show at our house in 2 weeks!

That's really cool! I love HGTV! Who's the designer, if you don't mind me asking.

Jewelerman -- I'm not sure how comfortable people might feel posting pics of their houses online, even if it's not the exterior. I wouldn't mind posting a few pics but we're renting and I'm not sure the owner wants pics of his house online.

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Very cool, sba! How exciting!!

Gypsy, I love reading your decorating threads. I know you've been very busy redecorating your home so I can't wait to see pics!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is a great thread idea, Jman. We've been in our home for over three years and haven't painted yet because I keep on changing my mind. But I do love decorating! Can't wait to see everyone's pictures!

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
I can't say which designer yet due to the contract but we do get to keep the decor of the room after and they are doing our florida room. It is nerve wracking since I am a control freak and they want to change my wall color which we love, it will be an interesting experience. I will post when we know an air date.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I have many other photos to upload, but this is one I could take right now off of my cell phone. It is our living room, taken last August. Our furniture is still in the same spots, but the decorating tchotchkes have changed.

Where are everyone else's photos???

BTW, my avatar is the original realtor photo of our house.

LIVING ROOM.jpg

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Holly,
Ive been shopping for a couch and the one you have is very close to what im looking for!

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Holly, I love the rug. Really elegant!

We live in a ten year project house, so there's always something being decorated. Also, if the plan for years one through eight was to do very little indeed, we're bang on schedule... :bigsmile:

Here are some before and after shots of our dining room, the most recently finished room.

168322_182560445105731_100000553307531_593329_648080_n.jpg

225628_214908518537590_100000553307531_835200_3919738_n.jpg

222798_214929155202193_100000553307531_835339_2070757_n.jpg

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Ok, so my first attempt at multiple photos in one post wasn't entirely successful. You get the idea, even if they're in the wrong order!

Here's the only shot I can find of my living room - not really very much detail in there, but again, you get the idea. It's a Victorian cottage, filled with shabby chic, mismatched inherited furniture and generic clutter. We're lame at decorating, and it takes us forever to finish anything, but it's finally starting to come together.

We've decided to make the original rooms of the house all match (same cornice, based on a fragment of the original, same paint colours and woodwork colours etc) and do something more creative in the modern extension.

250484_225417727486669_100000553307531_916069_412902_n.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I recently happened to take some pictures because I had some window treatments installed, so I will post a few! I'll see if I can do more than one picture in this post and start with great room and dining room (please excuse the candle sitting on the dr table. I don't have a centerpiece yet!).

IMG_2442.JPG

IMG_2526.JPG

IMG_2444.JPG

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the little den area and the master bedroom. All of this is still a work in progress. We have lived in the house for a little over a year and I still need some accessories, etc. I should mention that my father-in-law made our bed and the grandfather clock you can see in the foyer from one of the great room pics.

IMG_2449.JPG

IMG_2453.JPG

IMG_2455.JPG

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holly, I love the placement of the furniture and the fireplace makes it so cozy looking!

Jennifer, I just love old houses and antiques! You did a great job on the dr renovation and the flower arrangement in the lr is gorgeous!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I realized I don't have a single picture that shows the open floorplan. The greatroom, den, breakfast room, and kitchen are all open which is really nice for entertaining (which we don't do very often). Here are a couple that show a little of the open plan.

IMG_2447.JPG

IMG_2472.JPG

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Jennifer,
your 10 year project is going very well!The details are great!(the sewing machine on top of that glass front cabinet(which i would want to display my American Indian jewelry, baskets,pottery and books) is a perfect touch in the room, and i like your choice of curtains and the frame on the mirror matches that great door!
Diamond seeker,
You have an amazing showroom home! It is so warm and inviting and you have really made the style consistent through out each room!When can i come visit?!Is this all your own handy work or did you have help?You have found a great balance in using objects and art work for detail without getting cluttered!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Hey guys, just wanted to give you heads up not to post pictures from your iPhone. I heard that GPS coordinates can be embedded into photos take from iPhones. If this is not true, please someone correct me.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pregcurious--That is scary! (And good to know.)

I love looking at everyone's homes. I just snapped a few photos, but only of the spaces that are currently presentable. :cheeky: I'm getting ready for Book Club tonight, so the vacuum cleaner is out, as well as the cleaning basket, and things are all a-mess.

Our home is a small ranch built in a pseudo Frank Lloyd Wright style. (We're in Illinois, he's big here. :bigsmile: ) I say pseudo, because it really isn't a prairie home, but if anyone remembers my house hunting thread from several years ago, the exterior totally looks FLW. (I had the photo taken down after we bought.)

Okay, here's an old picture of my dining room. This is the most used table in the entire world. I do almost everything here. I love this table. It's from Crate & Barrel, the Big Sur table. Our niece and nephew made the painting. The rug is over hardwood.
18647_1298204129562_1064133266_2732080_5394289_n.jpg
And here's the dining room after this year's Apple Fest. I put up cheesy decorations because I LIKE THEM, okay??? :)
IMG_0235.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Our home is an open layout, so here's a shot of one wall in our living room, which is where I stood to take the last few pictures of the dining room. I still have fall decor up all over the place, which is what's covering the concert posters and hanging from the ceiling.
You can see our foyer/front door beyond the wall. Every exterior wall is basically covered in windows, so I can't figure out how to take a photo without glare from the sun. I love windows.
IMG_0470.jpg
IMG_0471.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is the wall opposite that last wall. It lies between the dining room and the living areas, and we have a bar beneath these shelves. These are fall decorations, of course. I don't always have pumpkins and glittery orange and black trees out. ;-)
IMG_0487_0.jpg
Here's the foyer:
IMG_0472.jpg
Another view. Please ignore Bailee's bottom. The dogs followed me around for the entire photo shoot just now. You can see straight through to the back of the house, here:
IMG_0474.jpg
Here's a little reading/sitting corner. When you walk into the front door, it is on the far well to your left. Again, Bailee insisted on being a part of every single shot. :)
IMG_0475.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here's the hallway view if you walk around to the right when you come through the front door. This is the "private" area of the house, with the three bedrooms and two bathrooms.
I LOVE this light that we put in. It's really supposed to be an outdoor light, but it gives the narrow, long hallway a great feel. That's our kitchen at the end of the hallway.
IMG_0485.jpg
This is a little built-in nook at the end of the hallway, right before the kitchen. It's perfect for my hand-potted mug collection. DH's rule is that I can't have more mugs than what fits this nook. (I just keep the extras in my work office.;-) )
IMG_0477.jpg
We keep the buffet in the kitchen. It matches the dining room table. I collect a lot of pottery.
IMG_9057.jpg
This is our guest bathroom. I love it. It's very small, so I couldn't get a great picture, so I took several.
IMG_0481.jpg
IMG_0482.jpg
IMG_0483.jpg
I love rubber duckies.
IMG_0484.jpg

That's all for now. Sorry for the photo overload. I'll take shots of the rest of the house once it's clean. :bigsmile:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your house looks very nice and Bailee is adorable

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can I share a picture of my office? I spend a lot of time here during the week!
It's a weird picture because one of my students put it in Photoshop and made it look cool. What you can't see is a fake window to the left. I have no windows, so I bought one of those wall decals at Target and stuck it on the wall, hung a curtain rod and a sill, and some curtains. :bigsmile: If I can't have a real window, I at least need the illusion.
I love my little office. It's very cozy. I like to work in a messy space, but I like my home to be more sparse.
339985.jpg

ETA: Thank you, Minousbijoux! We haven't done much in the way of decorating, per se, but I like our house as it is. If only I could figure out what to pain the walls in the living room!

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
jewelerman|1318606750|3040252 said:
Jennifer,
your 10 year project is going very well!The details are great!(the sewing machine on top of that glass front cabinet(which i would want to display my American Indian jewelry, baskets,pottery and books) is a perfect touch in the room, and i like your choice of curtains and the frame on the mirror matches that great door!

Why thank you! I used the sewing machine to make the curtains. If I had American Indian pieces, I'd display them in that cabinet too -would love to see some photos. The cabinet currently holds some books bound by DH's great, great, great grandfather, and some prize china won by his grandfather at Brooklands motor track, before the First World War. He was an early motorbike racer!

Here's another of our living room, and one of another machine in my bedroom. It folds into the table, and I use it as a bedside lamp table. J just loves my singer collection. Deep down. Really, he does. I can tell... :bigsmile:

Last one is the kitchen table, which I re-finished last month. The most tedious task ever, I'd say.

DSC01075.JPG

th_DSC00703.jpg

th_DSC00777.jpg

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Haven, I love your mug collection. I also love your Frank Lloyd Wright style house! My husband and I went to an exhibition of FLW's work on our first date. I was a little bit bemused, to tell the truth. I've come to appreciate his designs over the years though. J is a passionate devotee of the man.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I found my favorite shot of our house! The best part of an open layout is that we can push the living room sofas against the wall and seat 20 people for a meal. We may have a very small house, but I like to tell DH "The walls are in all the right places!"
This was from Passover last year, I think:
IMG_1529.jpg

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
jewelerman|1318574952|3040035 said:
Holly,
Ive been shopping for a couch and the one you have is very close to what im looking for!

Sofa Mart at Furniture Row. It was the first one we saw, and then hubby had to drag me to every other furniture store in a 30 mile radius, looking at drab and dumb sofas, to confirm that it was The One for us. *sigh* Sometimes he just can't accept that I'm always right and he should just trust me. :bigsmile:

I do wish this one had 3 cushions instead of two. I move the cushions back and forth and turn them over to keep them from wearing to much in the middle of the sofa.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jennifer W|1318613132|3040311 said:
Haven, I love your mug collection. I also love your Frank Lloyd Wright style house! My husband and I went to an exhibition of FLW's work on our first date. I was a little bit bemused, to tell the truth. I've come to appreciate his designs over the years though. J is a passionate devotee of the man.
Thank you, Jennifer. I love your home, too. I'm very torn between loving two very different styles of home: modern ranches with long lines, and farmhouse/country style homes. I'm not sure if farmhouse/country is the right thing to call your style, but whatever it is, I love it! It's so cozy and warm.
An exhibition on FLW is an interesting choice for a first date . . . :cheeky:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results