shape
carat
color
clarity

The "I wasn''t ready yet" proposal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
Don''t you love it when things just don''t go as planned?

I had planned on proposing this Friday evening. Nothing fancy, just a nice dinner and then pop the question later on in the evening with some flowers when we were alone. Not that she doesn''t deserve more, but both of us have been so busy the last month or so, a quiet evening alone would feel pretty special right now.

Well, that all got trashed sometime Tuesday. We were talking on the phone and it was apparent that she was upset at me about something, and like a normal guy, I am clueless.
33.gif
Wednesday afternoon I finally got her to agree to sit down and talk after work--it was going to have to be a short conversation because we both had other activities that evening. We met at my place and I tried asking "What''s going on?" only to get a cold "Why don''t you tell me?" back.
23.gif
Uh, oh! I''m still a guy, I''m still clueless.
33.gif
33.gif
33.gif

Well, after talking for a while, she was worried because I had seemed a little standoffish/noncommunicative the last week or so and she was worried it meant I wanted out. (To be fair, I got spooked a while back and backed away for a while and she was reading this the same way) I responded with "Well, this may seem a little weird after that conversation" and proceded to tell her how much she means to me. She was sitting on the couch with me kneeling in front of her and I said, "I don''t want to be in a relationship with someone I can live with, I want someone I can''t live without" and opened the ring box. She started crying and just said "yes" immediately.

DANG IT! Ladies, do you understand that the romantic gene does not get passed down to many guys? LET US FINISH!!!!

I had to stop her to let me actually say "Will you marry me?" I got a yes again.
36.gif

I had to explain that what she sensed the last week was nervousness, not fear. Hey, I''ve never proposed before. Once again . . . Ladies, do you not understand that no matter how confident we men are that you will say yes, it is still very nerve-wracking?

Sheesh, that didn''t go as planned. We will still have our quiet evening on Friday, just that she will be wearing the ring instead of receiving it!
9.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry it didn''t go as planned, but YAY!!!
36.gif
Congratulations!

EyeElle

Shiny_Rock
This just goes to show you that its not always about some big fancy proposal, but about a few romantic words and the lifelong commitment an engagement brings :)

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!! Your proposal sounds perfect! I love them when they are like that, it''s really romantic and heartfelt!

My FI proposed to me in our bedroom, with my in my trackies and messy hair, and I couldn''t have been happier, it was perfect. He had planned it so he would be proposing with only minutes to go until my parents arrived as a suprise visit for my 30th Birthday, and we just happened to be doing housework at the time, but I really wouldn''t have wished for it differently.

Where are the pics though?
2.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww! You guys need to understand that we go kinds nuts when we are waiting for the one we love to propose!!! Ha! I''m really glad you were able to calm her fears and let her know what was really going on! This is proof that the big, elaborate proposal scene is really not necessary for most girls!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
FI ended up proposing to me in the car.

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
I love this story! Congrats for non-traditional proposals!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awwww.....I think that's terribly romantic!!!!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2009 11:11:04 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Awwww.....I think that''s terribly romantic!!!!
Me too! What a sweet proposal. Congratulations!!
36.gif

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
That`s so sweet!!! Congratulations!!!
36.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awwww, what a sweet story! You did good, even though it wasn't planned that way. Nothing wrong with spontaneous!
2.gif

Congratulations!
36.gif

p.s. Love the "clueless" bits.
9.gif

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/5/2009 4:59:57 PM
Author: EyeElle
This just goes to show you that its not always about some big fancy proposal, but about a few romantic words and the lifelong commitment an engagement brings :)
Awww....I couldn''t agree more!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

My proposal happened when I was sprawled on the couch having just woken up from a nap.
1.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I have to add another, AWWWWWWWWWWW! I think the proposal was PERFECT!

soocool

Ideal_Rock
I have benn married 20 years and I am still waiting for the question! I tease him on every wedding anniversary that I am still waiting. He promised me a new ring sometime this year, maybe then?

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
My proposal was somewhat similar (spontaneous and done before he''d planned), and I loved it
30.gif

I bet she''ll love having that story in the long run, it''s so much more fun than the traditional planned-out proposal!

White Orchid

Shiny_Rock
I love that story! And congratulations on your engagement!

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Love it! Congratulations!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2009 4:59:57 PM
Author: EyeElle
DITTO!!!!

congrats! so wheres our hand shots? ;-)

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
Handshots will be coming! I promised she could get a manicure first.
9.gif

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
hahahaha thats a great proposal story - i love it
30.gif
congratulations on your enfiancement
36.gif
35.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s so sweet! It''s nice when things don''t go as planned sometimes.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2009 11:11:04 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Awwww.....I think that''s terribly romantic!!!!

I agree. Congratulations!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
congratulations!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Awww, it''s a very sweet proposal! And don''t be too hard on her
2.gif
she''s probably kicking herself in the butt for ruining your original plans. This proposal was fantastic, though!

DiamondFlame

Brilliant_Rock
SWEET. But what I want to know it where the heck did you hide the ring box until the moment you popped it in front of her? You were kneeling... so did you have it in your jacket or something?? I''m asking this rather silly question ''cuz I plan to pop the question and I have no idea where I''m gonna hide a ring box!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results