shape
carat
color
clarity

The halo size please

stci

Ideal_Rock
Hi!

I would like to know what is the stone's size for an halo with 0.35 ct solitaire diamond ( I talk about jackets for my martini diamond studs).

I don't have enough money to upgrage my 0.35 ct diamond stud but if I add an halo I think it could be seem more big no?

I just don't know the size could be more desirable for this project.

Thank you to help me.

stci

Ideal_Rock
I'm surprised nobody can help me with this question.

Perhaps the question is not clear?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Staci,
I am wrestling exactly the same issues as you. My diamonds are 0.71ct/0.72ct, with diameters averaging 5.72mm each. Whiteflash is currently designing the jackets for my 3-prong Martini studs. In addition to proportion of melee size with respect to diamond stud size, there are two other considerations that can affect overall proportion/beauty:
1. size of hole (result: airline width or no airline)
2. height of stone sticking out above jacket (Hole being too big will result in diamond sinking inside jacket and disappearing. Hole being too small will result in diamond sticking out too much and there may be a top-heavy, sagging problem.)

The above two considerations are direct results of the hole size, which in turn, is governed by the melee size and number of melees in the jacket.

Let's roughly calculate the size of the hole and compare it with your diamond diameter for various melee size/number combinations.
Assume that your 0.35ct diamond has a diameter of 4.53mm. Note that the calculations are based on diamond and melee sizes only, and do not include size of prongs.

Case 1. 14x1pt (1.3mm diameter melee) jacket has a hole diameter of 4.493mm. Your diamond will be bigger by 0.037mm, and thus will be sitting slightly on top with no gap.

Case 2. 13x1.5pt (1.5mm dameter melee) jacket has a hole diameter of 4.707mm. Your diamond will be smaller by 0.177mm, and thus will sit lower than Case 1, and there will be a minor gap. Your diamond may still stick out a bit if the jacket depth is shallow enough to hold it up.

I have a photo to show the situation like Case 1, in which diamond is much bigger than jacket hole. Will supply if interested.

As for Case 2, you can look up HooCare's thread about her jackets. I guess her 0.60ct diamond has a diameter of 5.45mm. Her 15x1.5pt jacket has a hole size of 5.662 mm. The size difference is the reason why there is an airline (very slight) in her jacketed studs. Also check out the side profile photo to see how low her diamond sits in its jacket.

My diamond, being slightly larger, will sit nicely in her 15x1.5pt jacket with less of an air-line and slightly taller height. However, I am debating if I should go with larger 2-pt melees, so my diamond stud will look exactly like hers. To allow my diamond to pop out a bit more, I shall ask WF to make the jacket basket a bit shallower. Lastly, I do not mind a slight air-line (was told not very obvious in real life), as I love how HooCares' jacketed studs look, not to mention the bonus of extra size (bling).

Let me know what you think. I would love to share ideas with you.

stci

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for your answer girls!

I really don't want gap and I'm searching in ready made to avoid to pay for custom.

I found this one... what's that? $169.89 for 1/4 diamond who fit 3/4 tw solitaire diamond.

http://www.amazon.com/White-Gold-Di...r_1_1?s=jewelry&ie=UTF8&qid=1318728098&sr=1-1

The same company have another size 1/2 diamond for $275.00.

http://www.katarina.com/White-Gold-...umber_1,generic_number_2&searchRank=salesrank

I'm gonna ask for the quality of diamonds but I suppose they are I1 if not more at this price.

Anyway, they are really cute and they have a return policy. I think I'm gonna take a chance. What do you think?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results