shape
carat
color
clarity

The hairs have been split!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jewelgirl

Shiny_Rock
I have chosen a diamond...I sent the wire transfer today and they are putting the lovely in its setting tomorrow...I will have it by Friday!!!!

This the one I chose:

2.19 H SI2 RB EGL
d: 60.8%
t: 56.9%
cr ang: 34.7
pav ang: 40.9
pol:vg
sym:ex
flouro: none
HCA score 1.7
8.37-8.44 *5.13

I want to thank PS in general for my education during this process, and all those who evaluated the two stones I was considering and gave their opinions and encouragement. In particular, special thanks to: blueroses, alijdewey, lynnB, Mara, matatora, lop, strmrdr, maxine, and icekid! I will now continue my PS education and look to help other newbies, like me, find the perfect stone for them!

I will post pics in the show me the ring category as soon as I have it on my eager little fingers!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats jewelgirl!
36.gif

you''re gonna love it!
post pics as soon as you can
36.gif

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
You must be excited!!!!! Can''t wait to see the (mandatory, ha, ha!!) pictures!!!
30.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratualtions, I can''t wait to see it!!!!!
36.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I think you picked the right stone! Congrats!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
AWESOME!
30.gif
We will eagerly await the news when it arrives! I swear, we are all like expectant mothers when a new LOVEY is on its way "home"!
20.gif
2.gif
1.gif

Lynn

PS Did you end up deciding without seeing it in person first?

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Oh, this will be just smashing!
30.gif
36.gif

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!!! Be sure to post pics please!!
36.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh that is soo exciting!!! Congrats it is going to fabulous on your hand.
36.gif

jewelgirl

Shiny_Rock
LynnB--

I did decide without seeing it in person first. The vendor is on the West Coast and I am on the East, so I decided to put my faith in the HCA and pics that the vendor sent me (which were SOOOOO beautiful), and bought it and had it set by them. I have an appt next week with a local appraiser I found on PS to verify everything and get an independant appraisal of the piece. If there is anything amiss, I will just send it back w/i the 30 days for a full refund! I don''t think there will be, though, I have so much confidence in the vendor and the stone.

I also called Chubb to put them on notice I will be adding the ring to my policy and they agreed to insure it for for a base amt, and then when I get the appraisel adjust it to that. As I well know, it is a VERY BAD idea to have an expensive piece of jewlery for even 2 seconds without insurance!!!

Yay! Yay! Yay! I am so happy!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
YUM! I can''t wait to see those pictures, what kind of setting is it going in?? Congrats!

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Yay for you Jewelgirl! It sounds like you found a winner!!!
36.gif

jewelgirl

Shiny_Rock
mara-

My setting is just a prefab one...I can''t get the pic to upload, though. It is the center in a 4 prng tiff setting, then two small rounds on either side, then two small baguettes butted up to the rounds then another two small rounds. Wehn I get the ring I will take my own pics!

I am in love with all the designer halos...but I thought this setting would do for now, just to get the diamond on my hand...and as I researched halos more, might get hubby to get one custom designed for me in the future...

I feel a bit of a rush to get something signifying my marriage on my finger, b/c I am 7 mo pregnant, and you would not BELIEVE the evil looks I get when I am in public. It is the old "look at belly, look at hand , see no ring, give a judgemental and accusatory look as to the lack of anything signifying I am an "honest women". I swear, you would think it is 1900 and I should be wearing a Scarlett letter of some type of something-HA! It makes it worse b/c I have braces (even though I am 29!) and look younger than my age (so I am told) so it looks like I am a teenager who has "gotten in trouble"! My hubby says to ignore it...but that is hard thing to do.....anyway, that is totally off topic...

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Congrats JewelGirl

What a nice surprise.... two new family members... the baby, and the new pet rock! ( 2.19 carats ain''t such a baby)

9.gif

Rockdoc

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results