shape
carat
color
clarity

The Green Goddess! 5.36 ct. unoiled/untreated emerald and diamond three stone ring

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Sorry for the delay there -- had to get a few things done! But back to the important stuff...

Mreader, the stone is from Russia. Here is a short article from GIA on Russian emerald if you have any interest: https://www.gia.edu/gems-gemology/spring-2020-gemnews-russian-emerald I also read some longer, more detailed, articles on this topic while I was considering buying but I can't find them at the moment. Senility at 50 is a terrible thing!

MRB, be careful what you wish for -- I have an iphone and I'm not afraid to use it!

Lykame, I took a video of the stone loose when I went to see it for the first time. If I can (a) find it, and (b) figure out how to post it, I will!

Catmom, I love everything too!!!

Alex, it is very clear! There is some jardin that I see running horixontally across the stone if I turn it into the light just right, but under normal wearing I don't notice it at all.

Thank you Sparkles!

Dmndsr4evr, it is sooooo dangerous to be in such close proximity to Ilya! When I'm downtown I have to stop myself from just "swinging by" sometimes to see what's going on!

ItsMainlyYou, the sun shots are my favorite!

Lulu, the color makes me really happy - minty and fresh!

Lonysis, sorry for the short reply before, I was bolting around a bit. There were two other emeralds that came in the parcel with this one, but they sold rather instantly I'm afraid. BUT! If you would like one I'm just reach out to Ilya and see what he may be able to get. And thanks for clueing me in that the ring was up on the Ivy & Rose instagram page -- I had no idea!

Thank you diamondringlover!

MissGR, I've always wanted a three stone ring like this but never though I'd be able to find a "big" unoiled/untreated emerald I could afford so this is a bucket list piece for me!

Lemon, I wish I had more technical knowledge to share however I am the first to admit what I DON'T know would fill and ocean! When I was considering buying I did a bit of reading about the elements that make emerald emerald rather than beryl, but I don't trust myself to accurately convey any of that information!

Thank you Lambie! I will try to get some more pics that do a better job of showing the true color. What I see on my hand is generally darker than some of the shots I posted because I was trying to show the "steps" and that exercise lent itself to the lighter colored shots.

Elle, that you so much! GG is very similar in color (in person) to the petals on Clover, which is an absolute favorite of mine!

Ah Yenny, you're so sweet!

Oh no worries love! I just like debating such things and learning about them. There's so much to learn in the colored stone world and your stone is a very interesting example of the green beryl vs. emerald conversation.

Regardless it's such a bright and happy ring, like a tall glass of springtime! & I do hope you enjoy her & get lots of wear out of her!❤️

xjsbellamias13

Shiny_Rock
This is incredibly beautiful!! That color is to die for :kiss2:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful ring! Congratulations!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, I honestly can't say which ring I like more; both GG and BB are gorgeous!!!! Wear them in good health!

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that ring is a showstopper.

Nothing of value to add to the emerald v. beryl discussion except that “Killer Green Beryl” would be a great movie title.

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
…… I think you need a Ruby now ;-) of equal size and WA-BOOM! Okay okay we are enablers, but we are living vicariously through you!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness that is an amazing ring! The color is gorgeous, it looks stunning on you! Love the design too!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love everything about this ring. That color, wow! The shape, wow! The way it looks on your hand! Amazblingalicous! Stunning!:kiss2:

Wear your new emeraldlicious beauty in good health and blingy joy @Dee*Jay!!!

(and sorry for all the exclamation points but your new ring deserves all of them and more, SWOON!)

ETA: I hope I get to meet your Green Goddess in person one day. :love:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:kiss2: OMG!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I keep coming back to look at it :lol-2: . I have a mint green tourmaline that I love to gaze at regularly but man this stone!!! Makes me want to contact I&R!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is so utterly fabulous!! I can't stay away from this thread, I need to look at GG multiple times daily!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you xjs and Mrs B!

Marcy, sometimes when I at home "doing nothing" (translation: probably cruising around PS!) I wear one on each hand. I can't imagine going out in public like that though because it's A Lot, LOL.

OnCrutches, if there were a movie called Killer Green Beryl I'd definitely watch it, ha ha!

Sparkles, I have thought about a ruby... but for some reason I've never been serious about looking. Mostly because I'm convinced I'd never have the "right" nail polish on when I want to wear it! If anything in terms of color I might be compelled to get a bigger yellow diamond sometime... but I love Sunshine so much I would have to think long and hard about that.

Running, thank you! And I admit I did tweak the design under the main stone from my original idea, adding the extra "swoops" outside of the center diamond shape. It just seemed more complete to have those extra little bits.

Missy, I think a trip out east is most certainly in order once all this craziness has passed! And I am also (as you can see!) a big user of exclamation points!!!

LOL Austina, your emoji cracked me up!

Mreader, I think your mint is absolutely gorgeous and I absolutely love the design. I'm sure it you reached out to Ivy & Rose they would be happy to help you!

Dandi, I have to confess I spend a fair amount of time looking at GG right now!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, you should feel like a movie star with a gorgoeus sapphire on one hand and a gorgeous emerald on the other. I love them.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, most days the only thing "movie star" about me is my bling! (As I sit here with my hair in a plastic clip wearing a t-shirt I got on clearance at Old Navy and lounge pants with the drawstring held together with a safety pin, hahahahaha!)

Mreader, I'm sure I've already bored the pants off everyone so much over the years with pictures of my bling... I'm surprised no one has put a ban on my photo posting abilities!

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
@missy and @Dee*Jay - I am laughing reading your posts about exclamation points as I love using them too!!! Hahaha.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Dee*Jay , She truly is a Green Goddess. How on earth do you decide what ring to wear in the morning?

Donnass117

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Your ring looks royal, it is just beautiful, congrats!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! I really love that minty green color...sort of reminds me of some of the water in the Caribbean!
Both your rings are gorgeous!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to be so late in circling back -- got distracted by a long weekend trip!

Callie... the sad truth is most days I am wearing absolutely NO rings, LOL!

Rfisher, the red in your avatar makes me think mayyyyyybe I could consider a ruby or something else in that color!

Thank you Donna!

tyty, Caribbean waters sound pretty nice right about now!

Last week I was showing my rings to another jewelry lover in the office that I hadn't seen during this entire WFH time and I though I was going to have to pry both GG and BB away from her, ha ha. My nails are painted kind of a wacky shade of purplish fuchsia right now and it might be fund to get some pics with this color. I'll see if the motivation strikes me later in the good light!

Efleon

Brilliant_Rock
I love your family!
Just gorgeous.
And I love wearing serious bling with sweatpants too!!!
Ruby next for youuuuu

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results