shape
carat
color
clarity

The Green Goddess! 5.36 ct. unoiled/untreated emerald and diamond three stone ring

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
At long last, here is my delinquent thread on The Green Goddess! I'll start with pics (because isn't that was we really want to see?!) and put in some details later if anyone has an interest in reading them.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
894C6D6F-DAF9-4B24-930D-A93951D0DE3F.jpeg 74C6E038-3F00-486E-B0B7-F26A9619F372.jpeg D89808CB-14E0-4F5F-99A8-7EF729714213.jpeg 7A7B6CAB-EDFA-43F4-8347-142E9C45354A.png

I hadn’t even made it into the elevator before I started taking pics! :lol:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
9BB0A3C6-C865-46A3-8C6A-F51B5E6F8366.jpeg 56F35665-FD7A-4287-9B40-1173A5CBFE34.jpeg

Side view.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1BBC96F6-0C0E-42E9-8EAD-3B636EE5AA48.jpeg E994BB79-67F3-44FE-BC32-5FEFEB49CF11.jpeg

And a few family shots of my three Ivy & Rose rings!!! (This is my favorite cup BTW!)

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few of the details... I saw another emerald on Ilya's site in December but it was snapped up while I was thinking about it overnight. UGH. I was just beside myself and BEGGED Ilya to help. He was able to get me some options from the same mine where the other one had come from and I picked GG from the photos and videos. After a visit to GIA (it was important to me that the cert say the stone was no treated, or even oiled, AT ALL -- yes, a "mind clean" thing!) we set out to find side stones. The first set was a great match on paper when when they came Ilya knew I wouldn't be happy with one of them so he searched again. Things were being snapped up right and left and finally a good match was located and secured. Then came the customs delay... Waiting... Waiting... Waiting... At long last all the stones were together and they looked GREAT as a trio! The design was ready to go as Ilya had very patiently worked through my ideas in the interim and the CAD was already finalized by the time the last stone got here. And then off to production! Finally... VOILA!!! I just COULD NOT BE HAPPIER with how this turned out!!! The emerald is nothing short of absolutely amazing. SO very very clean. And the side stones (.65 G VVS1 and .70 G VS2) and are perfect complements. I had the bottom closed off (as I did with BB) to take care of any hint of a tilt window (even the smallest bit of window makes me crazy -- it's all I can see once I do see it!) and I didn't want to take any chances so I designed it like this on purpose), and there's still enough opening to clean and dry it.

I know you're not supposed to love one of your children more than any of the others... but man, I am hard pressed not to have this one at the top of my "love list"!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BTW, I owe someone on here a huge apology... I promised to check out a stone for her when I went to visit Ilya and I could not for the life of me find the post when I went to look for it that morning. Whomever that was -- I AM SO SORRY! I'll be back downtown again more frequently now so if you still want me to look at the stone just let me know and I am happy to pop over and see it for you.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I am smitten. That ring is SO gorgeous. As a recent covert to green gemstones I can see why you are over the moon about it.

eta - what is the origin of the emerald??

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
I have no words. That's stunning. What a beautiful emerald, such a gorgeous colour and cut. Would love to see a video...? It's huge and unheated and untreated... Only in my dreams, wow. Such an honour to see such a thing.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
An emerald cut emerald.....can there be anything better? It's gorgeous and I love the detail work on the setting. I love Ivy&Rose. Heck I guess I love everything. :lol::kiss2::kiss2:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning. The colour is perfect & it's so clear! :kiss2:

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Omg that’s AMAZING!!!! Such a stunning color. Congrats!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Look at those honking jewels!! :love::love::love:
Looking at you GG, glowing extra lovely in the sun.:cool2:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Stunning! I'm just in love with the color of this emerald!

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
Such a beautifully cut and delicately coloured stone. and the setting is to die for! But surely that is a green beryl? The lovely clarity, vitreous luster, lighter toned bluish green and lack of treatment all says to beryl to me. Not that it matters aside from the mineralogical interest - just different sales terminology really - very minor differences in chemical composition.

I see this ring has pride of place on the Ivy and rose IG page - and not one bit surprised. It’s absolutely gorgeous. Do they have any more like that?!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello kids! I'm in the middle of something and need to run out for a minute but wanted to answer the beryl question. My understanding is that all emeralds are beryl but not all beryl are (is?) emerald(s). Does that make sense. Here is a snapshot from the short version of the GIA cert. I can't lay my hands on the full page report at the moment (I think I may have left it at my place downtown when I was scanning it off to the insurance company).

I'll be back later with a fuller reply to everyone -- and thank yous!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
3CB16CCD-2646-4E1A-9A61-59A0065FA5F2.jpeg

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not a fan of emeralds but oh my goodness that is pretty! Congratulations on a beautiful a beautiful ring!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Luscious! That is the word that comes to mind first! The color is incredible and the ring is just beautiful! Green emeralds and white diamonds - killer combo for sure. Enjoy every moment with your new ring!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I'm actually super surprised GIA labeled this one as emerald. It surely looked much too light to me & I too would have labeled it as a killer green beryl. Im guessing it barely made the emerald category. I'm interested to see an example of where the line is drawn or what would be the cutoff. @T L is good at discerning, if I remember correctly, what do you think T L?

Now enough of the interesting technical talk: it is an incredibly stunning ring, with a gorgeous cut, clarity, & beautiful color!

She looks so gorgeous next to "Big Blue"! Now all you need is a big ruby ring!

I'd enjoy the heck out of her OP! Also it looks like you have a type! I love seeing the differences in all of our collections. Each of us has a style that we love that is so personal, and it's wonderful to behold! ❤️

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
❤️❤️❤️❤️ perfection! Love EVERYTHING about it! More shots please!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GG is gorgeous! Bold & blingy. :kiss2: I love that minty green color and she looks right at home on your hand.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Holy moly!! You’ve done it again! I can totally see why you’re in love!

ksluice

Brilliant_Rock
That ring is such a knock out I am still trying to pick myself up off the floor. Wow. Wow. And again, WOW!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

All beautiful! :kiss2:

cheers--Sharon

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry for the delay there -- had to get a few things done! But back to the important stuff...

Mreader, the stone is from Russia. Here is a short article from GIA on Russian emerald if you have any interest: https://www.gia.edu/gems-gemology/spring-2020-gemnews-russian-emerald I also read some longer, more detailed, articles on this topic while I was considering buying but I can't find them at the moment. Senility at 50 is a terrible thing!

MRB, be careful what you wish for -- I have an iphone and I'm not afraid to use it!

Lykame, I took a video of the stone loose when I went to see it for the first time. If I can (a) find it, and (b) figure out how to post it, I will!

Catmom, I love everything too!!!

Alex, it is very clear! There is some jardin that I see running horixontally across the stone if I turn it into the light just right, but under normal wearing I don't notice it at all.

Thank you Sparkles!

Dmndsr4evr, it is sooooo dangerous to be in such close proximity to Ilya! When I'm downtown I have to stop myself from just "swinging by" sometimes to see what's going on!

ItsMainlyYou, the sun shots are my favorite!

Lulu, the color makes me really happy - minty and fresh!

Lonysis, sorry for the short reply before, I was bolting around a bit. There were two other emeralds that came in the parcel with this one, but they sold rather instantly I'm afraid. BUT! If you would like one I'm just reach out to Ilya and see what he may be able to get. And thanks for clueing me in that the ring was up on the Ivy & Rose instagram page -- I had no idea!

Thank you diamondringlover!

MissGR, I've always wanted a three stone ring like this but never though I'd be able to find a "big" unoiled/untreated emerald I could afford so this is a bucket list piece for me!

Lemon, I wish I had more technical knowledge to share however I am the first to admit what I DON'T know would fill and ocean! When I was considering buying I did a bit of reading about the elements that make emerald emerald rather than beryl, but I don't trust myself to accurately convey any of that information!

Thank you Lambie! I will try to get some more pics that do a better job of showing the true color. What I see on my hand is generally darker than some of the shots I posted because I was trying to show the "steps" and that exercise lent itself to the lighter colored shots.

Elle, that you so much! GG is very similar in color (in person) to the petals on Clover, which is an absolute favorite of mine!

Ah Yenny, you're so sweet!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
KS, thank you!

Sharon, someday my collection would like to come and hang out with your collection!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results