carat
color
clarity

THE GEMSTONE FORCASTER www.preciousgemstones.com

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,
Each quarter I look forward to this newsletter as it is interesting and informative. This is a good one--Emeralds, lab diamonds, Rubies, sapphires and sunken treasures and Robert Genis's honest opinions.

He alerted his readers to falling diamond prices, which I posted about on colored stonee, lacked the courage to post that in diamonds. Since that market continues to fall, I now do comment on that.

He also discusses colored diamonds, which is what I like. I hope you read it as I have found that his impressions are pretty accurate compared to what we get from others. Enjoy!

Annette

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
Hi,
Each quarter I look forward to this newsletter as it is interesting and informative. This is a good one--Emeralds, lab diamonds, Rubies, sapphires and sunken treasures and Robert Genis's honest opinions.

He alerted his readers to falling diamond prices, which I posted about on colored stonee, lacked the courage to post that in diamonds. Since that market continues to fall, I now do comment on that.

He also discusses colored diamonds, which is what I like. I hope you read it as I have found that his impressions are pretty accurate compared to what we get from others. Enjoy!

Annette

Ohhh thank you! I love the trip blog about Colombia - that's one of my favorite trips I've taken. I look forward to reading the rest of the info :)

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I posted about on colored stonee, lacked the courage to post that in diamonds

I think this was a wise move on your part. Don't want to start the year with negative vibes!

Thanks for the info - always an informative, interesting read!

Avondale

Brilliant_Rock
Don't want to start the year with negative vibes!

See, this is one idea I struggle to comprehend. Most of us here aren't buying gemstones as an investment. To us lower prices mean we can buy more for less money. When I hear (and see, sigh) ruby and sapphire prices going up, I don't think, "great, my jewellery is worth more now". I don't want to sell it. And even if I wanted to, who would I sell it to? No, what I hear is my future purchases will be less affordable.

If by some miracle sapphires were to go down in price as significantly as they have hiked over the course of the previous year, I'd celebrate by doing a shopping spree. I wouldn't feel negatively about it.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Avondale I was referring to the article about lab diamonds, and especially the part about the jeweler who said they're junk. I don't know why they had to focus on him, as he seems a bit extreme. I went to his website to see about the free lab diamond, but you have to buy an earth-mined one to get a free lab one. Anyhow, it's always a hot topic around here.

I love my CS, and never buy to invest. My stones make my heart sing, which is all that matters. I just buy what I can afford, so nothing lately.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I was wondering what you guys thought of his thoughts on whether or not we ought to regard lighter, intreated emeralds as the more desirable emerald vs, darker more included emeralds. I think its interesting that he has changed his mind on this matter. TL what say you?

Yes, at the moment lab diamonds bring controversy. But the most interesting fact to me is that lab diamonds are selling as much as EG diamonds. I never dreamed the lab market was so big.. AS an added fact,(from Bing) is that a 1 carat EM diamond with above average specs, has dropped 32% in less than 2 years. But don't feel too sorry, as during the pandemic prices soared. I call this a necessary adjustment.

Colored diamonds are holding their own. I read somewhere that the seemingly abundant inventory of pink diamonds was suspect as to the actual rarity of them. It does seem that small pink diamonds are plentiful.

Rubies and Sapphires , untreated are in demand and do bring high prices. This is out of my league. But I enjoy reading about them..

I also loved reading about his trip. and his wife doing yoga. great!

Annette

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results