shape
carat
color
clarity

The future of the jewelry business is here

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have been in Mumbai and Delhi the past week and will be staying until the 24th. We have a strongly growing laboratory along with a BIS Hallmarking facility in Andheri and look to have a nice presence very soon near Opera House and in the heart the Delhi jewelry district, as well. The photo is our manage, Rajendra Kalani, accompanied by my partner and his wife behind one of the receptionists at the take-in window at the Andheri branch

From our discussions with current manufacturers and retailers, it would appear that the Indian economy for jewelry will be on the strong growth side for the coming years, especially when compared to the US economy as it relates to jewelry. We have been here establishing ourselves with a professionally staffed lab, slowy and carefully, since 2005 and now it looks ready to grow in double digit percentages.

Maybe someday soon, I can return here and host one of the first Pricescopers Get Togethers. I expect that diamonds bought on-line here in India will catch on at a rapid pace once the systems are firmly established. No doubt, those in India will become increasingly familiar both with Pricescope and with our lab operation located in India: Diamond & Gem Laboratories of America, Pvt. Svcs., Ltd "DGLA"

DGLA jewelry "certs" are already increasingly seen in the market at some of the finest retailers in Mumbai, Gujarat, Delhi and Kolkata. My hope is to make the experience of buying a diamond or a piece of jewelry a truly pleasing and valuable experience 24/7 and in any location.

GEDC0012.JPG

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, David, in the progress of this endeavor! I know the jewelry world will soon be joining we Pricescopers in appreciation of your contributions to beautifying our fingers, ears, necks and wrists!!!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
looking forward to a journal article about it with lots of pictures when your back *hint* :}

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is awesome. Sounds like a nice "field trip" for PS travels. Keep us posted.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations and best wishes for the business!

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Americans would not believe the retail action going on here before Diwali begins. This is now Navratri, the beginning of the big jewelry buying season. Gold sells in some fine retail stores marked up 0 to 6 percent. Some truly beautiful items with virtually no premium. Diamonds are retailed for low mark-ups, too. There is poverty outside, but where the wealthy go, they spend....... Retailers here are going to work with the Internet in creative ways. Such a positive attitude is being shown.

Saw the rebuilt Taj Hotel yesterday. Almost fully fixed after the terrorist attacks. A very busy and now secure facility.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results