shape
carat
color
clarity

the future and cut ratings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hugodrax

Rough_Rock
It seems most consumers ignore cut and purchase only based on carat,color,clarity but now I notice cut finally being taken seriously with some consumers specifically in the last 4 years? is this a new trend in the diamond industry, will it trickle down to the average consumer? Its also amazing the junk that is sold on a daily basis in malls (I1,I2) stones with poor cuts for high prices.

DiamondOptics

Shiny_Rock
This market still to a very large extent has followed an
ancient model which dictates, sell! sell! sell!

With the advent of more people like yourself, shouting back, show me the cut! cut! cut!

Perhaps, one day this industry will listen.

Kirk
www.diamondoptics.com

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is simpler than you think.
What does everyone agree on?
Carat weight. What has the most impact on price? Caarat weight - because thewre is no arguement!

Next easiest to 'calibrate' is clarity which in rough diamond and histroical context = QUALITY.

Cut still has no universally accepted grading. Until it does it will have the least impact on price. When there is a simple believeable system then cut will gain its rightful place in the value equation.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results