shape
carat
color
clarity

The French Blue is a colored stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sagebrush

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Flygirl,

You ever notice that the Xmas gifts you give yourself never get returned?

Best,

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats Richard! Missed this...how exciting. Good excuse for me to get a Kindle!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/10/2009 12:05:47 PM
Author: Richard W. Wise
Flygirl,

You ever notice that the Xmas gifts you give yourself never get returned?

Best,
LOL! So true.

DH and I were at Barnes and Noble last week, pointing out books we each would like, and making lists. I''m pretty sure he will like the book I got for him, too!
9.gif

Sagebrush

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Flygirl, et al,

There are a few good new books and a couple of older publications I would like to recommend:

Emeralds, A passionate Guide: by Ronald Ringsrud: Ron has spent a career in the emerald business. I spent a couple of weeks with him in 2007. Some great history, images and insights into emeralds. see Review on my blog GemWise.

The Gem Merchants: Ray Ferguson: A novel of the gem trade, specifically centered around the discovery of the emerald bonanza in Zambia. Ferguson is a gem dealer from South Africa with extensive experience in Zambia. Good characters development, gripping adventure. See GemWise review.

For those of you interested in J. B. Tavernier, the protagonist in The French Blue, I recommend his The Six Voyages Of Jean Baptiste Tavernier. 2nd translation by Valentine Ball. Written at the behest of Louis XIV, there is a lot of repetitious material relevant to merchants but there are some exceptional jewels as well. Covers his 40 years. Available in and Indian reprint for about $40.00.

Fred Ward has a new addition to his series, Phenomenal Gems. Like all of Ward''s offerings, it reads like and extended National Geographic article. Very interesting with good pictures.

Best to you all,

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I''m half way through the novel already, any plans for another?

Sagebrush

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Lovinggems,

It is very flattering that people who finish the book ask me about a sequel. The current effort is 120,000 words, a little over twice the size of Secrets Of The Gem Trade. It took 5.5 years to write. I''m still going through withdrawal!

Thanks and best holiday wishes,

Sagebrush

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
All,

Hopefully Santa put copies in all your stockings.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/27/2009 10:03:34 AM
All,

I did indeed get a copy from Santa! I''m several chapters into the book, and savoring each one.
1.gif

Thank you so much for writing this book.
36.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My stocking is still bare unfortunately (as per my earlier email to you Richard). Hopefully Santa has just been delayed in customs.
7.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/27/2009 10:03:34 AM
All,

Well he didn''t but in his defense I got some pretty fabulous other blues. I will be ordering it very soon!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
He hooked me up! I''m halfway through and loving it! Thanks so much Richard, for sharing this great story with us!

Sagebrush

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
LovingDiamonds,

Overseas shipments, I am told, may take up to two weeks. I think there are customs holdups that did not exist before 9/11.

Happy New Year,

Sagebrush

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Upgradable,

I am very interested in the reviews and opinions of my friends at Pricescope. Enjoy the book and please post a review and let me know how you liked the book.

Best,

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Richard - my copy arrived this morning! Thank you!

Sagebrush

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Seems like a number of Pricescopers have ordered copies. I hope that you will share a review of the book here on Pricescope.

Thank you,

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results