shape
carat
color
clarity

The French Blue is a colored stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sagebrush

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Pricescope has posted a review of my newly published historical novel, The French Blue. You may find it of interest. If anyone has questions, post them here.

http://journal.pricescope.com/Articles/81/1/%e2%80%9cThe-French-Blue%2c%e2%80%9d-by-Richard-W-Wise%2c-GG.aspx

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
It looks intriguing - am I allowed to ask if PS members get a special discount?
2.gif

Here''s a clickable link: http://journal.pricescope.com/Articles/81/1/%E2%80%9CThe-French-Blue%2c%E2%80%9D-by-Richard-W-Wise%2c-GG.aspx

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
remember you read it here: i predict a movie from this one.

mz

ps richard, rec''d my autographed copy.....have not started it yet as i''m deep into the final weeks of spanish classes!

Sagebrush

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
MZ,

From your mouth to God''s ear.

Discounts: Amazon is selling the book at about 30% off.

Bulk orders for gift giving, by the case 10 copies) from Brunswick House Press, are available at a substantial discount.

Best,

Sagebrush

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
All,

Just posted on http://www.thefrenchblue.com a video live reading from the book's kickoff at The Mount. Two chapters by George Bergen, an actor who resembles Jean Baptiste Tavernier.

Best,

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on the new book, Richard! I am looking forward to it, love the video too!

Sagebrush

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Simplysplendid,

Thanks for the kind words.

Best,

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
I''d like to buy your book through a "bricks & motar" store but, as far as I can see, it''s not listed as being available in NZ or Australia yet. I couldn''t find the New Brunswick House email address either. I wanted to contact them to get the name of the local or regional book distributor that would be handling The French Blue.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Richard! Looks like a fabulous read and it''s on my Christmas list this year!
9.gif

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/3/2009 12:18:48 PM
Author: klewis
I''d like to buy your book through a ''bricks & motar'' store but, as far as I can see, it''s not listed as being available in NZ or Australia yet. I couldn''t find the New Brunswick House email address either. I wanted to contact them to get the name of the local or regional book distributor that would be handling The French Blue.
I meant Brunswick House Press

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
richard,

can you tell me more re the opening music at the website? has that middle ages west meets east sound that i so love......

mz

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats Richard! This is going on my Christmas list!!

Sagebrush

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Klewis,

Unfortunately there is no Australian distributor. Tried with Secrets, no luck.

Sorry,

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats!! I wish you much success with your new book!
9.gif

Sagebrush

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
MZ,

To answer the question about the music used in the book trailer. The trailer is a mix, two public domain tracks mixed by designer/composer Harry Bernard.

Best,

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
I just ordered it!! Can''t wait.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/3/2009 1:08:01 PM

Date: 12/3/2009 12:18:48 PM
I'd like to buy your book through a 'bricks & motar' store but, as far as I can see, it's not listed as being available in NZ or Australia yet. I couldn't find the New Brunswick House email address either. I wanted to contact them to get the name of the local or regional book distributor that would be handling The French Blue.
I meant Brunswick House Press
I ordered mine through Amazon, costed $42 US with shipping, I'm not really happy with them though as they charged me extra for shipping but I couldn't be bother emailing them about it, I just want my book quickly.

You should try this website booko.com.au, shows you the price of books at various online stores.
http://www.booko.com.au/books/isbn/9780972822367

I wish I ordered the autographed copies from here.
7.gif

http://thefrenchblue.com/purchase.htm

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Lovinggems - thanks very much for the links.

Sagebrush

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Lovinggems,

As you can see I sell only the autographed copy and I cannot beat Amazon''s overall price. Problem is shipping. They get big discounts and there is no more seamail meaning everything shipped overseas is now airmail and the price is high. In the US we still have media mail and it only costs a few dollars.

Brunswick House would love to find an Australian distributor for The French Blue as well as Secrets of The Gem Trade, but so far all queries to Australian distributors have been ignored.

Enjoy the book,

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As I wrote on the other discussion, This will make an AWESOME Christmas present for friends who love gems! I am going to order myself a signed copy. That way when the movie comes out I can say I know the author! It looks great Richard!!!!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/5/2009 10:14:16 AM
Author: Richard W. Wise
Lovinggems,

As you can see I sell only the autographed copy and I cannot beat Amazon''s overall price. Problem is shipping. They get big discounts and there is no more seamail meaning everything shipped overseas is now airmail and the price is high. In the US we still have media mail and it only costs a few dollars.

Brunswick House would love to find an Australian distributor for The French Blue as well as Secrets of The Gem Trade, but so far all queries to Australian distributors have been ignored.

Enjoy the book,
Thank you Richard

I''m still waiting for the book but hopefully it''ll be here before Christmas for some good Christmas holiday reading. I would have loved to get autographed copies of your books and would have done so had I discovered your website first.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I just ordered the signed copy and it will be under my Christmas tree! It looks like a great read, Richard, and I am really looking forward to taking the journey with Tavernier.

Sagebrush

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Marian,

Thanks, sales have gone surprisingly well, particularly for the Kindle e.book version. Cheaper and you save a tree.

Best,

Sagebrush

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Richard, I''m happy there''s a Kindle version, that''s the one I''ll be getting! Can''t wait to read it.

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
FI just ordered mine... I''m psyched to read it come Christmas!

Sagebrush

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
All,

Thought I would share the first professional review, the following is from the prestigious Midwest Book Review.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fine piece of historical fiction, highly recommended, December 8, 2009
By Midwest Book Review (Oregon, WI USA) - See all my reviews

Gems have always been items of great worth. "The French Blue" tells a fictionalized story of the historic French blue diamond and the man who brought it to France, Jean-Baptiste Tavernier and his associate, Madeleine de Goisse, who traveled throughout India and Persia. The French blue is the focus of the story, but the adventures of Jean and Madeleine are what keeps the story moving. "The French Blue" is a fine piece of historical fiction, highly recommended.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
I asked for it for Christmas, pretty sure I''ll get it. Can''t wait!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
The UPS man just dropped off a delivery today for DH. It was from a book vendor and I''m guessing it''s my copy for Christmas.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results