shape
carat
color
clarity

The final product

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stainless steel

Rough_Rock
So after reading everything I could, this is what I came up with. I got a 1.33 carat E SI1 radiant EGL cert. with 78 points of princess G-H VS channel set on the side. The diamond has about a 1.5 ratio. The band is platinum. Working with a designer is great for several reasons. You get to see it through all the steps, and the turnaround is so much quicker.

The EGL cert was nice because they have crown height % on there unlike the GIA. It came back with a 2B cut. I was very happy once it was mounted. The cut has different facets than all the other radiants I saw. I will post a pic of that and maybe someone could tell me more about this type of radiant cut.

I presented it on Valentine''s day. Thanks for all the good reading. I can''t wait to do it again.

ring 009-small.jpg

stainless steel

Rough_Rock
last one. i'm not a very good photographer. the band is about 4mm and her ring size is 4-3/4.

ring 006-small.jpg

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
It looks gorgeous and amazingly white! Congrats!
9.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
YAY! Congrats!

YAY! Radiants! I got one too, but I haven't "gotten" it yet.

Yours really DOES look white, which makes me glad. I got an E too! Did you find it hard to find it in a good cut above 3 categories? We wanted a more squared stone, so maybe it was just our search. Where did you get the stone, it's lovely!!! I even love the setting! What a pretty pretty ring! How did she feel about a Radiant? Some are fans, some are not, but I LOVE that cracked glass appearance with all those tiny little sparkles!

Congrats!!!

stainless steel

Rough_Rock
Thanks both of you. I found it hard to find a good cut in a near colorless or colorless stone. I saw a lot in G or above, or they were too square. I wanted a longer stone to flow with her long narrow fingers. Through talking, she said she likes emerald cuts. So that's where my search began. About a month into it, a jeweler showed me a radiant. Catches the eye!

So, too make a long story longer. I started looking for emeralds. I could find carats, and 1.5 cts, but nothing in between with the color and clarity. This one is pretty clean with one feather in it, but it's not visible to my eye. I could see some inclustions in other stones. I think i have a pretty keen eye.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
How funny! I have been searching like mad for a SQUARE ONE! We settled on a 1.06 ratio, when I wanted a 1.04 and under...
sad.gif
And I understand about the whole quality stone issue. It seems largeer Radiants that are colorless (or nearly) and clear ar so much harder. People said that the demand for a radiant is lower than other stones, and that a demand for a QUALITY radiant is even lower.... WHY?!

Radiants by nature are designed to be rectangular, but a square radiant is harder to find (so we found and were told) and are called "Box Radiants" by some. Your radiant is exquisite!

I actually really liked the look with the channel setting!

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats Stainless Steel, your hard won search led you to a beautiful stone and ring...and a lady, as well I'm sure!

Best wishes to your fiancee, may she always wear her pretty in health and love!

win

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Stainless! Oh my, what a beautiful stone and setting. I LOVE radiants, I have one also!!
9.gif
9.gif

Your stone is gorgeous! I started out wanting a "box radiant", but absolutely fell in love with the standard radiant! The standard radiants always look BIG!!

Congratulations!!
appl.gif

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful rock and setting! How does your fiancee like the radiant cut as compared to an emerald? I hope she just loves it. How about taking a few pictures on her hand? We all love the more pictures the better - don't be shy!
10.gif

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Very Nice Ring..I love the look of a radiant..It looks like crushed ice in a very appealing shape...Congratulations..!
9.gif

stainless steel

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone. She loves the ring. I was worrying about her crying when I asked her. I actually did it during dinner (I had planned on doing it where we went on our first date, this dive bar). We were talking, I whipped it out and dropped to my knee in the middle of the restaurant. She didn't know what to do. She did cry a little. She was just so excited. She said it was much more than she expected, and then commented on how heavy it is. I'll have to take a picture fromt the side. It is a good hunk of platinum.

We ran into the guy who made the setting and his wife at the gym wednesday night. He asked how it fit, and said from what she said to wait until summer and see if becomes uncomfortable then. I didn't know fingers swell
1.gif

I'm very glad she likes the ring.

I'll take some pictures of it on her hand and from another view this weekend and post them monday.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
ss, It's a very classy ring.

And yes, fingers change sizes depending upon the time of year, time of day, time of month, whatever...
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results