shape
carat
color
clarity

The Final Countdown...

Uncivil_Engineer

Rough_Rock
Purchased a nice 0.7 carat, F color, SI2 diamond from James Allen a couple weeks back. While the HCA (2.4) left a little to be desired, the images of the diamond showed a clarity too good to be true. No way an SI2 diamond could look almost eye clean at 20x magnification and still be classified as SI2.

Of course, it was. I was notified by a manager today that the image video uploaded for the stone was incorrect; a picture of the diamond was sent to my inbox and, sure enough, where there was once a nice, clean table (in my head, at least), now sat a nice, chunky crystal large enough to make the clarity SI2. I was told that the stone was eye-clean but, given another chance, I'd like to take just one more crack at this.

(Just another reminder to the chaps out there looking to propose by a certain date: **it Happens).

I already have a halo setting sized to accept a diamond in the 0.7 carat range, so the price/size are going to be in the same ballpark. Here are three diamonds that I've (currently) narrowed it down to:

http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-dia...-i-color-vs1-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-810627
HCA = 0.8

http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-dia...-f-color-si1-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-793564
HCA = 1.8

http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-dia...-g-color-si1-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-769722
HCA = 1.9

I'm currently leaning towards the 2nd choice, due to its color, advice (from another site) to stick with H+ color for halo settings, and just pure preference... but I've lurked enough on these forums to give y'all a crack at this.

... y'know, for fun, and stuff. >.>

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Uncivil_Engineer,

I am in the trade and cannot comment on specific diamonds, but - in general - you will get more responses from the members if you have full grading reports and/or light performance images to post with your diamonds.

Best wishes!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not the second one. Crown is too low.

I like the first one the best, from the numbers, would like an IS. The third might be a contender with an IS image.

Is JA able to provide an IS of any of them ?

Uncivil_Engineer

Rough_Rock
By the numbers, yeah, the second one appears the worst. Though it appears pretty to me compared to the other 60/60 diamonds I've seen...

I don't think I'm going to get IS images from JA for these, but they're open 24/7, so let's give it a shot! :D (As of writing this post, IS imaging for the first stone has been requested, but unavailable for the second and third stones. I'll update when I receive the image(s).)

Diamond_Hawk:

Thanks for the advice! I was trying to keep the OP from being cluttered with too much information, but I guess I should've ignored that instinct. Here goes:

RB1 -
Carat Weight: 0.70
Color: I
Clarity: VS1
Cut: Excellent
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Fluorescence: None
L/W/D (mm): 5.71*5.73*3.49
L/W Ratio: 1.00
Depth %: 61.00
Girdle: Thin - Slightly Thick