shape
carat
color
clarity

The Epstein list

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyone else waiting for this list to be revealed?

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
Yes! When I first heard that it was going to be released soon, the news piece also mentioned that individuals had been given time to object to it being released. I never heard anything after that - did anyone object? Would we know if they had? Will only the names of those that didn't object be released, or all of them?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
First reaction is Bring it on!

However the reality is that the people on that list are wealthy, powerful and have the connections to make things go away. So we will probably never know who is on that list in its entirety if at all.

HGar

Shiny_Rock
Isn’t it solely a flight listing? So anyone who flew on his jet whether it was private / business / leisure?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just don’t know, like do you really think people were doing business with this guy and had no idea at all who he was as a person? Seems unlikely but I really hate him so that probably clouding my view.

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
I just don’t know, like do you really think people were doing business with this guy and had no idea at all who he was as a person? Seems unlikely but I really hate him so that probably clouding my view.

I tend to agree with you, but can still see where there could be degrees of "knowledge" depending on how close the association. I find it all reprehensible, but you could know him as:

1. Just another filthy rich man who, by nature of his wealth, attracts the attention of women who desire proximity to power. And he's using his wealth, and said attention, to have sex with multiple women.
2. Someone who invites his closer associates into his circle of women, and .... what happens, happens.
3. Someone who you know is trafficking women, but you want nothing to do with it and look the other way because you do business with him, and want to continue to do business with him.
4. Someone who is trafficking women, and you take advantage of this knowledge and participate.

And like you, depending on who the named associate is, tend to believe they knew full well what was happening.

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
I didn't know who this guy was until recent news, but apparently he was allowed to plead guilty to one of many accusations of child prostitution, back in 2008, and got only 13 months with work release. However, Ghislaine Maxwell got 20 years in 2021.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

You’re right. He was arrested WAY back in 2005 for paying a 14 year old for sex. People knew about him probably even before that arrest. So in my book, anyone associating with him is complicit in all the other heinous sh-t he did. The really disgusting part is they probably didn’t see anything wrong with what he was doing. It brings to mind that when ppl talk about age of consent in this country someone will always say “but back in whatever century girls were married at 13 years old.” We regular folk live under this very thin veil of morality; uber wealthy people seem to give zero you-know-whats.

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
You’re right. He was arrested WAY back in 2005 for paying a 14 year old for sex. People knew about him probably even before that arrest. So in my book, anyone associating with him is complicit in all the other heinous sh-t he did. The really disgusting part is they probably didn’t see anything wrong with what he was doing. It brings to mind that when ppl talk about age of consent in this country someone will always say “but back in whatever century girls were married at 13 years old.” We regular folk live under this very thin veil of morality; uber wealthy people seem to give zero you-know-whats.

I would hazard a guess and say that there was probably at least one judge, prosecutor, attorney or police officer in his circle of associates....

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would hazard a guess and say that there was probably at least one judge, prosecutor, attorney or police officer in his circle of associates....

If by circle of associates you mean “payroll,” then yes. At least one. ;-)

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
If by circle of associates you mean “payroll,” then yes. At least one. ;-)

I actually meant more like client/customer, but sure, payroll works too. :shhh: My point was that a larger circle of people, more than just business associates, probably knew or had heard what was going on, and did nothing.

Piper70

Shiny_Rock
As far as people knowing about him, I think a lot of the activity took place on his private island in the USVI. The locals call it Pedo Island ( not that they knew what was happening when it was happening, only after the fact ). It was just sold recently and I think it’s going to be developed into a hotel.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As far as people knowing about him, I think a lot of the activity took place on his private island in the USVI. The locals call it Pedo Island ( not that they knew what was happening when it was happening, only after the fact ). It was just sold recently and I think it’s going to be developed into a hotel.

Please. He was a teacher in the 1970s and there were allegations about him way back then.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I would really like to know why there are so many horrifying people around and if anything can be done to decrease the number of them in the future. Pre-emptively, I mean.

Like what percentage of them experienced extreme early childhood neglect or abuse that perhaps caused them to not develop normal human feelings for others.

Or how many the other way, spoiled and indulged to the point that they didn't get it that other people matter too. (Or that certain groups of people don't matter).

Just "made wrong?"

Hormones in the milk?

What the hell. :(

Last edited:

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can finally exhale.

He's the worst but I'm confident that not everyone he came in contact with knew about his crimes. And charismatic wealthy criminals can insulate themselves -- sometimes forever -- with a shell of respectable friends and social contacts and public good deeds like philanthropy.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would really like to know why there are so many horrifying people around and if anything can be done to decrease the number of them in the future. Pre-emptively, I mean.

Like what percentage of them experienced extreme early childhood neglect or abuse that perhaps caused them to not develop normal human feelings for others.

Or how many the other way, spoiled and indulged to the point that they didn't get it that other people matter too. (Or that certain groups of people don't matter).

Just "made wrong?"

Hormones in the milk?

What the hell. :(

Um. I have a theory but I’ll be labeled a misandrist. I actually don’t GAF so here goes:

Men. The problem is men. They are a genetic mutation that human females allowed in order to help carry the burden of perpetuating the species. Unfortunately they are driven biologically to stick their baby makers into any and everything hence we started organized religions so ppl had a set of rules to abide by. But you cannot stop biology because life is going to find a way. Side effects are r*pe, wars, inc*st, etc. This isn’t to say women are perfect but we damn sure are not out there killing each other and being ruled by our sex organs.

What could we do to decrease the evil crap? Return to matriarchy.

It’s been a nice run here on PS, I’m sure I’ll be reported and possibly banned.

Burning it to the ground,
Monnie

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unfortunately they are driven biologically to stick their baby makers into any and everything

No, females have driven this behavior, evolutionarily -- at least in a lot of mammals and birds. Have you ever seen a nature documentary? Lots of male aggressive display for the sole purpose of directing the female gaze.

Females are no less "ruled by [their] sex organs" -- an aggressive, dominant male signifies safety, status, and the odds of strong, aggressive offspring who will, in turn, successfully compete for a mate. Generally females make the choice.

Not that different in humans; plenty of women love aggressive jerks. I'm sure some here even married them -- at least the first time 'round.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Um. I have a theory but I’ll be labeled a misandrist. I actually don’t GAF so here goes:

Men. The problem is men. They are a genetic mutation that human females allowed in order to help carry the burden of perpetuating the species. Unfortunately they are driven biologically to stick their baby makers into any and everything hence we started organized religions so ppl had a set of rules to abide by. But you cannot stop biology because life is going to find a way. Side effects are r*pe, wars, inc*st, etc. This isn’t to say women are perfect but we damn sure are not out there killing each other and being ruled by our sex organs.

What could we do to decrease the evil crap? Return to matriarchy.

It’s been a nice run here on PS, I’m sure I’ll be reported and possibly banned.

Burning it to the ground,
Monnie

Biologically (and socially) you are incorrect. In psychology terms, we often think about covert vs overt acts of aggression. Men are more likely to engage in overt aggression (e.g. punching someone), whereas women typically use covert aggression (e.g. spreading rumors, social exclusion, manipulation, etc). The idea that "men are the problem", that somehow they're the only ones driven by sex, or that wars wouldn't happen if not for men is, frankly, silly.

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
Getting back to Epstein. Now that he is dead, why do you suppose more of his victims haven’t filed law suits, against his estate or against the guilty associates? Shame?

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now that he is dead, why do you suppose more of his victims haven’t filed law suits, against his estate or against the guilty associates?

You mean the trafficked girls? Generally not a well-resourced, empowered bunch. Predators prey on the vulnerable -- the unhoused and addicted or at least very troubled with zero family support. I doubt there were detailed employment records.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@RMOO, maybe the victims don’t want to relive the past and all the trauma, so they don’t file lawsuits for that reason. I imagine anyone who went through something this horrific might have taken years to undo all the damage. Just speculating, but some probably would prefer to leave the horrid past where it belongs.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
@RMOO, maybe the victims don’t want to relive the past and all the trauma, so they don’t file lawsuits for that reason. I imagine anyone who went through something this horrific might have taken years to undo all the damage. Just speculating, but some probably would prefer to leave the horrid past where it belongs.

As one who is possibly headed towards a lawsuit for a far less traumatic and personal issue, I can definitely see this. I have felt sick for two days. We hear about the people who sue at any chance, trying to cash in big. But I'd wager there are, many times over, more people who just want to leave a big painful mess behind them.

Last edited:

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
Well, not reliving a horror is certainly an understandabe reason. And who knows, maybe there were more young women who sued that we just don’t know about, with settlements that include non-disclosures and all that. I just thought that the anger that must certainly be part of any healing process after something like, might resurface after the threat of his power is dead. And certainly there is no shortage of attorneys looking for high profile cases to make a name on.

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
As one who is possibly headed towards a lawsuit for a far less traumatic and personal issue, I can definitely see this. I have felt sick for two days. We hear about the people who sue at any chance, trying to cash in big. But I'd wager there are, many times over, more people who just want to leave a big painful mess behind them.

I’m sorry you are going through your situation @seaurchin. I hope you get the resolution you are after.

Piper70

Shiny_Rock
Please. He was a teacher in the 1970s and there were allegations about him way back then.

I meant the general public but you are correct. Lots of people knew Gerry Sandusky liked little boys but PSU football was more important. Same with politics. It’s astounding to me what people will overlook to get what they want.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I meant the general public but you are correct. Lots of people knew Gerry Sandusky liked little boys but PSU football was more important. Same with politics. It’s astounding to me what people will overlook to get what they want.

Honestly nothing surprises me anymore. Just look at how upside down the world is now. Look at what’s happening all over. Facts twisted. Ignored. Manipulated. Ignored. To fit the narrative they want.
We are in the worst episode of ”Black Mirror” ever. This applies to almost all areas of life at the moment. IMO

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results