shape
carat
color
clarity

The Emerald Cut search goes on ..:)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

swag

Rough_Rock
Hi All,
i have been reading and reading and really im begining to think a little knowledge is a bad thing... :)
Below is a reflector images from 2 Emeralds from GOG.. now reading the excellent text from GOG i boil it down to something my simple brain can cope with .. RED is GOOD... dark red is better and white is BAD.
I would love to know the opinion of someone as to the pros and cons of these images for the 2 diamonds below.. to me image 2 is better than 1.. but i only base this on the above statements.

Many thanks All. :)

gog1.jpg

swag

Rough_Rock
ok second image :)

gog2.jpg

swag

Rough_Rock
:) Please someone take pitty on me ... i would really like to understand someones opinion on these 2 diamonds..other than me.. which believe me is not an educated one...
The girl friend has started asking about the ring..lol .. time running out.. :)

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, it would be good to ask the staff at GOG.

But if you pull up the .gem files, it seems like the 2nd one wins.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Swag-

Ask the folks at GOG that are working with you on this project to give you their honest opinion and recommend one of the stones...but the bottom line, even with this scope, that scope, analysyes, etc., YOU and your FI to be have to like how the stone looks to your eyes....Is there any possible way you can see these stones in person? If not, then I would trust GOG to pick one for you, have it sent to an appraiser near you, and see if you can verify the stone there yourself before you purchase it....GOG has a great rep- I don't think they will steer you wrong....

As far as the images though, my personal preference (and this is just by looking at the pics) would be stone #1...I like how its shorter and fatter and I adore its clipped corners...But, before I would make a final decision, I would need to see the stone for myself- see how it looks to me...But, that is another thing you have to take into account when picking an ec - what does your gf like? Does she like leaner, more "classic" ec's, or does she like the l:w ratio to be a little shorter, like me? Every ec is uniquely different, so try to find this out now...

Good luck!!
2.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
What does Jon or Tim say about them looking at them in person?
Have them look over them in a variety of lighting and give you a report of the differences.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think the colors are the same - note the background color on #2 is the same as the "leak" color so IMO on #2 you can assume the beige is leak, which means they''re about the same... and I like the ratio on #1 better, myself... do you want a longer or more square stone?

swag

Rough_Rock
Thanks Guys.. :)

I have emailed the guys at GOG.. well Tim and he likes No1..... personally i like number 1 too... but i was very interested in understanding what the images mean, so any more info is greatly appreciated.... its a big purchase for me and finding this forum is so cool.
By the way i live in New Zealand, so there is no real way to view the stones.. so its a hope and pray purchase.

I dont really have any opion to buy down here.. all the stones are second rate.. most of the good goldsmiths will tell you the same.. they all buy from london or NY.

thanks guys :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results