shape
carat
color
clarity

the Elexese Princess?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FOODIE

Rough_Rock
I have a late quote for a Princess cut diamond that is an "Elexese" Diamond. The specs are as follows:

.86 carat
G
VS2
GIA
5.46 5.33 3.68
Depth 69.00
Table 78.00
Girdle thin to stk (slightly thick?)
polish and symmetry both good
flouresence none

After doing some research on what Elexese means, I found a media clip at http://www.robbinsdiamonds.com. Here is the quote in the media clip regarding a Princess Elexese:

Princess Cut:

"The depth of the stone should be 67% to 75% of its width. Table width should be 70% to 82% of the Girdle width."

I''ve seen some discussion on Elexese on this forum, but the above quote doesn''t really tell me that the above-listed diamond is "Simply stated, Elexese diamonds are the most perfectly shaped and magnificently cut diamonds in the world."

Any comments on this diamond, specifically, or Elexese branded diamonds?

Thanks, as always, for your expertise!

jenibear

Shiny_Rock
I know squat about the Elexese, but have a "regular" princess. Are you sure you didn't switch the table and depth numbers?

If you didn't I would caution that the table looks awfully large. It has been recommended that tables should be smaller than their depth. And I believe the cut charts say a table of 78 is "US domestic average cut"

Just letting you know.
1.gif

FOODIE

Rough_Rock
Actually, I don't think I transposed the numbers, but it is possible! With a Princess, I think it's reasonable!

Any other input on Elexese? Appreciated.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
With a 69 depth and a 78 table I wouldn't hold my breath. It sounds like they are applying a fancy name to poop and trying to sell it.
3.gif

chris-uk04

Shiny_Rock
I'm in the market for a good one too, but the matter isn't as clearly defined as brillant cuts by pure specifications. There are guidelines I have discovered, however. Don't be fooled some salesmen who say specs don't matter at all for fancy cuts. Here are some guidelines for a princess cut:
Princess cut specs

The table looks high to me (only a novice). If the table is higher, that means there's more weight in the stone, so the cutter has sacrificied quality to increase carat weight. Take care that you are not paying $1000+ for the word Elexese. Brand name diamonds seem to be status driven, but I don't think are worth it.

FOODIE

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the info! I realize that everyone says you have to SEE it to enjoy, but I like the more scientific "table measurements." From what I see of the chart, I've selected a diamond that has more specs in the Premium Cut segment, with a dabble in the 2A area! I can't wait to see what I've chosen!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results