color
clarity

The Distraction Thread

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Started applying color!

IMG_20200329_204354.jpg

Oh what a dreamy blue/gray that color appears to be on my screen. With the scrumptious orange. LOVE the combination and love your creation.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww thank you, you're too kind! I'm happy so far w/how it's coming along; fingers crossed the rest ofit goes smoothly!

A more recently completed piece:

Opulence.jpg

So beautiful. What an amazing talent you possess. It must bring you so much joy and contentment. To be able to create such stunning pieces. And what joy you bring to countless others...thank you for sharing your art with us. :love:

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
So beautiful. What an amazing talent you possess. It must bring you so much joy and contentment. To be able to create such stunning pieces. And what joy you bring to countless others...thank you for sharing your art with us. :love:

I'm glad to hear that! Hopefully it spreads a bit of joy to everyone!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww thank you, you're too kind! I'm happy so far w/how it's coming along; fingers crossed the rest ofit goes smoothly!

A more recently completed piece:

Opulence.jpg
Gorgeous work!! What is your inspiration?
I see Erte, Maxfield Parrish and Mucha in your pieces......
Aww thank you! One of my finished ones:

IMG_20200221_154603.jpg

I see Erte, Maxfield Parish and Mucha in your pieces......

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
I see Erte, Maxfield Parrish and Mucha in your pieces......

I see Erte, Maxfield Parish and Mucha in your pieces......

I love Klmit, Micha, and Erte--basically, predominantly 1920s/Golden Age of Illustration art styles. I also grew up drawing anime, so Sailor Moon had a huge influence on me when I was younger lol.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love Klmit, Micha, and Erte--basically, predominantly 1920s/Golden Age of Illustration art styles. I also grew up drawing anime, so Sailor Moon had a huge influence on me when I was younger lol.

Oh yes! Of course Klimt.
I love your work!

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! And yes, I adore Klimt's use of gold leaf and geometric patterns a lot.

I feel like there are fairy tales in your story; I want to hear them all as I study each piece slowly.

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
I feel like there are fairy tales in your story; I want to hear them all as I study each piece slowly.

Thank you, that's lovely to hear! Mythology and folklore are big sorces of inspiration for me as well :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

"

As a special thank you to everyone staying home and doing their part to help keep our community safe, Tribeca is proud to present an online series of Tribeca shorts, with a new film rolled out each day for a moment of entertainment and refuge in a world unknown.

Travel back to a simpler time — a time when hair metal ruled the Earth; a time before legal release forms; the time when “Lost Weekend,” today’s pick for A Short Film a Day Keeps Anxiety Away, took place.

This documentary by Bradford Thomason and Brett Whitcomb tells the story of two 20-year-olds from Phoenixville, PA who won a contest to party with rock band Van Halen, then in their debaucherous prime.

But, of course, it’s not all glitz and glamour — there’s a dark twist."

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
sorry for the foul language

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone for your lovely/funny distractions here! I have enjoyed catching up. For my distraction I will post something that is near and dear to my heart. This video was just released by NYC Ballet and features my favorite ballerina Sara Mearns dancing with Adrian Danchig-Waring to This Bitter Earth, choreography by Christopher Wheeldon. I had tickets to see this in May, and since I will not be seeing it in person now, I especially appreciate that they posted this little clip for us. Watch with volume on. Tagging @missy and @Daisys and Diamonds as fellow ballet lovers.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you everyone for your lovely/funny distractions here! I have enjoyed catching up. For my distraction I will post something that is near and dear to my heart. This video was just released by NYC Ballet and features my favorite ballerina Sara Mearns dancing with Adrian Danchig-Waring to This Bitter Earth, choreography by Christopher Wheeldon. I had tickets to see this in May, and since I will not be seeing it in person now, I especially appreciate that they posted this little clip for us. Watch with volume on. Tagging @missy and @Daisys and Diamonds as fellow ballet lovers.

@OdetteOdile thank you so much. What a moving ballet. I want to see more. I am sorry you are missing out seeing it in May and I hope you can see it at a future date. And in fact I want to get tickets to this too if I can when they start the performances again. What beautiful music too. Thank you for sharing this. Brought tears to my eyes.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

Oh that is so beautiful
Thank you Odette
I adore the modern ballet

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

"
As a special thank you to everyone staying home and doing their part to help keep our community safe, Tribeca is proud to present an online series of Tribeca shorts, with a new film rolled out each day for a moment of entertainment and refuge in a world unknown.

In “Metronome,” not a word is spoken, but so much is said. This sonically rich, visually sumptuous film is an exclusive online premiere from Tribeca.

Music soothes and New York City stars in this short about a prodigy and his maestro. The street musicians and iconic skyscrapers accessorize director Scott Lochmus’s ethereal, otherworldly vision, which feels both contemporary and timeless. Take a journey with us this evening through sound city.

While you’re social distancing, we’re sharing select works (including online premieres!) from our alumni filmmakers of the Tribeca Film Festival. Catch a new film every day! Can’t wait till tomorrow? Click here for another short.

The Tribeca Film Festival extends its heartfelt thanks to the organizations that have so generously made our mission possible."

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Brooklyn Botanic Garden is closed for now but they are open online and what a beautiful distraction it can be.

Enjoy.

shirotae_BB_25804948364.jpg
grape-hyacinth_5658526966.jpg
flowering_cherry_okame.jpg

lilac_4537914547.jpg
tulips_SS.jpg
tulips_BB_34122417476.jpg
galaxy-magnolia_ss.jpg
Halehaven_peach_BB_26109464471.jpg
daffodil-hill_BB.jpg

And so many more if you want to check it out online.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How's this for distraction?

Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 9.34.16 AM.png Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 9.34.08 AM.png Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 9.33.53 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 9.33.42 AM.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondnecklacejewelryshow.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure if anyone is benefiting from these short films but I will continue to share just in case it is helping bring some enjoyment to anyone.

"

Norman Kaminsky can’t hide from his past forever.

We’ve all been there: you break up with your girlfriend, abandon your thesis advisor, ghost two therapists, then run into all of them concurrently in Central Park. No? Just Norman?

Tribeca brings you “Approaching a Breakthrough,” written and directed by Noah Pritzker, starring Kieran Culkin."

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy and @OdetteOdile. And anyone else who loves the ballet
not sure how this works yet but hoping it might work for you too

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results