The Distraction Thread

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
@missy and @OdetteOdile. And anyone else who loves the ballet
not sure how this works yet but hoping it might work for you too

Oooh - if I am reading this correctly it looks like tomorrow night RNZB will be broadcasting Midsummer Night's Dream. I would love to see that! I will try to figure out how to tune in - not sure about time zones. Thank you for the link!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooh - if I am reading this correctly it looks like tomorrow night RNZB will be broadcasting Midsummer Night's Dream. I would love to see that! I will try to figure out how to tune in - not sure about time zones. Thank you for the link!

We only have one time zone here so just type in Auckland NZ and day light saving is over for the summer so no complications

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

"
As a special thank you to everyone staying home and doing their part to help keep our community safe, Tribeca is proud to present an online series of Tribeca shorts, with a new film rolled out each day for a moment of entertainment and refuge in a world unknown.

Julie Whitfield doesn’t take no for an answer. She always heads up Oak Tree Elementary’s Fall Fantasy Fundraiser, but now she has some competition. How dare somebody try to steal her crown?

Written and directed by Amy Barham, “Don’t Mess With Julie Whitfield” puts two ruthless mothers in the battle of the lives. It’s either kill or be killed.

"

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Japanese Garden at the Brooklyn Botanic Garden. For those interested there will be a live streaming tour of the Japanese Garden tomorrow.

brooklynbotanicgardenjapanesegarden.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning all.

goodmorningsunrise.png

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Over coffee and chocolate eggs this morning I declared that there would be a Group Walk today after Easter lunch. All of the adults (2), children (2), and dogs (2) in the household shall leave together and traverse the neighborhood en masse. This will be the most ANY of us has gotten out in... well... maybe ever. After looking at the weather I have revised the schedule to a pre-lunch trek, now leaving in 35 mins. Based on the results of that Walk I may be moving the daily happy hour up to noon, LOL. Or better yet: "Hey dad, why did Dee bring two big water bottles with her for just a walk around the neighborhood loop? And how come her water looks kinda yellow and fizzy?"

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

"
Dating would be so much easier if people knew what they were signing up for — or would it? In a world where everyone wears a physical label for their emotional baggage, there *should* be no excuse for getting into a bad relationship.

Tribeca presents Jennifer Morrison’s “Warning Labels,” a reminder that love is anything but simple.

"

This is hysterical. And heartwarming. If you have 13 minutes I think it is worth watching.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Photo from yesterday.
F987BAC4-915D-413D-8DC4-4A403CF1AFE7.jpeg
I’ll never tire of these gorgeous trees.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Photo from yesterday.
F987BAC4-915D-413D-8DC4-4A403CF1AFE7.jpeg
I’ll never tire of these gorgeous trees.

My sister sent me gorgeous pictures, like these, of the blossoms in Vangroovie...we got nuthin!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"And you thought your family was weird"

"
Mildred is so over her parents. All she wants to do is meet a boy, yet she’s stuck working in a bizarre family business that keeps her from living her life to the fullest. So when a man shows up at their front door requesting to go on a moonlit stroll, Mildred agrees to take that step — even if it might be her last.

Tribeca presents the exclusive online premiere of Alex Gayner’s “Mildred and the Dying Parlor,” starring Zosia Mamet, Evan Jonigkeit, Jane Krakowski, and Steve Buscemi."

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

"
Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue — and something secret. Moments after tying the knot, a bride realizes the man she’s married isn’t who he claims to be. But isn’t everybody hiding something?

Tribeca presents the exclusive online premiere of Timothy Michael Cooper’s “Lemon,” a look at what happens when the lies finally start to unravel."

:lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MOTD

"
Close your eyes. The air is heavy with the scent of saltwater. Sand tickles your feet, and a wave almost knocks you over. It’s warm and sunny and— ugh, you’re still on your couch at home.

The magic of the ocean will just have to come to you. Tribeca presents the exclusive online premiere of Patrick Creadon and Greg Goggin’s “Ocean Stories: Wyland,” a look at what’s waiting for you underwater."

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was re-watching The Count of Monte Cristo, and there’s someone visible in the back of the building, through the window, who shouldn’t be there. Guess they missed that in editing!

83149005-A809-4FCA-848A-9BF0EE4EF290.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

"A cross-country backpacking trip may be impossible right now, but your words can still travel the globe. Thanks to the postal service’s extraordinary dedication, letters withstand the test of time and weather to make it to their destination.

Tribeca presents the exclusive online premiere of Michael Scalisi’s “Royal American,” proof there’s no better time to put pen to paper."

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

"
Unclench your teeth. Relax your shoulders. Take a deep breath. Stretch your legs. Now you’re in the right mindset to watch a group of skateboarders grace the Norwegian coast, where their ollies stand out against a breathtaking landscape and dreamy sunset.

Tribeca presents Jørn Nyseth Ranum’s “Northbound,” a tranquil escape from a chaotic time.
"

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

"

As a special thank you to everyone staying home and doing their part to help keep our community safe, Tribeca is proud to present an online series of Tribeca shorts, with a new film rolled out each day for a moment of entertainment and refuge in a world unknown.

Olga feels physically and mentally stuck, but she’s not afraid to dream big. By day, she serves her customers with compassion; by night, she dozes off fantasizing about the life she could have in a new place. Will she ever get there?

Tribeca presents Anete Melece’s “The Kiosk,” a whimsical take on working from home."

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

"

Moving to a new place is tough enough, but when you can’t find any friends, one connection makes all the difference. When a lonely taxi driver in Melbourne finally meets someone he thinks he can count on, things start looking up — for now.

Tribeca presents Jordan Bond and Lachlan Ryan’s “Big City,” a reminder that people aren’t always who they seem to be."

TechieTechie

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for sending those distraction links...will use a few today.

Here is my constant distraction 20200410_092600.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

"Meet Cute on the MTA"

"The New York commute is the same for pretty much everybody: headphones in, get on the subway, ignore everyone around you and zone out until you get to your stop. But what could happen when you take a moment to notice who’s sitting across from you?

Tribeca presents Eugene Kolb’s “A Subway Story,” proof that magic does happen on the MTA."

Watched it and loved it and searched for their photo. Awwww cute couple indeed.

eugeneandclara .jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be careful what you wish for...

In case you cannot access that link here is another way to watch the film.

Tribeca presents Mark J. Kunerth’s “The Girlfriend Experience,” starring Graham Patrick Martin and Erin Foster.

"
Love is priceless — or is it? When a brokenhearted dude can’t get over his ex, he decides to purchase a new girlfriend online. He quickly learns that you get exactly what you pay for.

Tribeca presents Mark J. Kunerth’s “The Girlfriend Experience,” starring Graham Patrick Martin and Erin Foster."

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you would like to enjoy a gorgeous walk through the cherry esplanade.
Enlarge it to full screen for an awesome experience. :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lilith112

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning. :love:

Thank you!

It took a while, but I feel like I learned a lot while painting this piece! Already sketching my next piece :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results