shape
carat
color
clarity

The Disfigured Wife McCain Abandoned

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Can someone teach me how to highlight part of a quote when I post a reply to said quote?
31.gif

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/18/2008 11:13:08 PM
Author: miraclesrule

What's up with the Lefties comment? My daughter is left-handed and I find she is as intelligent as a right-handed person.

Hey, I'm a lefty as well. When you bring her to the game next week she can use my mit!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/18/2008 11:22:25 PM
Author: Rank Amateur

Date: 6/18/2008 11:13:08 PM

What''s up with the Lefties comment? My daughter is left-handed and I find she is as intelligent as a right-handed person.

Hey, I''m a lefty as well. When you bring her to the game next week she can use my mit!
I''m the only softball player in the family. And my glove goes on my left hand...which means I''m a rightie. But thanks for the offer.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/18/2008 7:54:02 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Diamondfan, I guess my main problem with it is that if he didn''t love her anymore and couldn''t stick it out, he should have asked for a divorce before he decided to start having affairs.
affairs?? ask the Dems. they have more experience in this area.
34.gif

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
DF, sadly, as usual, you haven''t really bothered to actually look into this before commenting, have you? If you had, I think you''d find that the tally on affairs that have come to light would be heavy on the Conservative Party side. I''m on a deadline or I''d look it all up, but I think someone here is probably already doing so as I type! What I do find interesting is that people still blather on about Clinton''s affair, and how many Republicans have been found out having affairs since then? It''s been quite a few IIRC, though I dont really remember hearing about any Democrats so...just something to consider while you''re typing out your next one liner.

CaféHummingbird

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/18/2008 10:33:08 PM
OMG, too funny....
If you click on the Huffington Post link and scroll to the bottom of the article, you can click on the news story ''McCain C-word Moment Becomes Fodder for Satirists.'' But the funny part is that they post the new comedy YouTube video about it which portrays media discussing how they could use the event.

I didn''t post the link, because I don''t want to get in trouble with forum decorum...but honestly, the Huffington post blipped out all the vulgarities, which only makes it funnier in my opinion...

I love the end...
Double click the text box after you click quote. Select the portion you want to highlight and voila!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2008 2:40:35 AM
Author: CaféHummingbird

OMG, too funny....
If you click on the Huffington Post link and scroll to the bottom of the article, you can click on the news story ''McCain C-word Moment Becomes Fodder for Satirists.'' But the funny part is that they post the new comedy YouTube video about it which portrays media discussing how they could use the event.

I didn''t post the link, because I don''t want to get in trouble with forum decorum...but honestly, the Huffington post blipped out all the vulgarities, which only makes it funnier in my opinion...

I love the end...
Double click the text box after you click quote. Select the portion you want to highlight and voila!
Holy canola....I did it!! Thank you Hummingbird!!

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Surf! I''m looking for a comparison of affairs by politicians broken down by political party....but we might have to start our own tally, I just got mired in youtube and am going to free myself to work for a bit.

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
This YouTube shows some interesting statements by McCain. Of particular interest is when Lieberman chats with him about Iran...potential running mate? The religious right would not be down with that, but Lieberman is pretty darn conservative.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dems have more affairs. Repubs have more affairs. Guys, guys, it''s completely irrelevant. Powerful men have affairs. PERIOD. They have the ego, the drive to power, and the libido to match. Why do people always think political affiliation determines sooo much? This isn''t football - welll YOUR team has more affairs than MY team. Yeesh. And furthermore, if you go back in American history far enough, the political party platforms were flipped from what they are today, or didn''t even exist in a form we would recognize today as democrat or republican. So even more irrelevance.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2008 8:30:31 AM
Author: ksinger
Dems have more affairs. Repubs have more affairs. Guys, guys, it''s completely irrelevant. Powerful men have affairs. PERIOD. They have the ego, the drive to power, and the libido to match. Why do people always think political affiliation determines sooo much? This isn''t football - welll YOUR team has more affairs than MY team. Yeesh. And furthermore, if you go back in American history far enough, the political party platforms were flipped from what they are today, or didn''t even exist in a form we would recognize today as democrat or republican. So even more irrelevance.
Heh, as I''ve sat and read through these threads over the last weeks. I''ve wondered how many people here even knew that.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2008 9:08:53 AM
Author: MoonWater

Heh, as I''ve sat and read through these threads over the last weeks. I''ve wondered how many people here even knew that.

Seriously--I love when repubs trot out that they are the party of Lincoln, as if the party had the same meaning back then that it does now!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
OMG, too funny....

I love the end...

There was also a hilarious bit on the Daily Show about it a few days ago. Comedy gold.

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2008 9:30:21 AM
Author: ladypirate

OMG, too funny....

I love the end...

There was also a hilarious bit on the Daily Show about it a few days ago. Comedy gold.

Miracles, that video is hysterical...and several thought provoking moments in it.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
6/18/2008 10:51:40 PM

Author:
Rank Amateur

Maybe he was just a philandering jerk, maybe she was a bitch and unbearable to live with. Who knows?

Who knows? Everyone knows.

He admitted to being a philandering jerk, R/A. He admitted it was his fault. All their friends, including the Reagans, said she was a saint. Their kids all blamed him. Stop calling for more research and face the truth for once.

Deborah
34.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Again, I think it more complex than simple labeling. They both suffered life changing events. They both might have been very nice people but after his captivity and coming home, and her dreadful accident, they changed. He did not leave immediately, though he did have affairs. He admits it, and I doubt he is filled with pride over it, but his experiences left a mark. To come home after what he endured, and just step back into one''s life is tough. Many returning vets have huge assimilation issues and they were not POW''s who were tortured and near death. Many many marriages end in divorce. Some people try very hard to avoid it, but it is sometimes inevitable. I was not in their marriage and know from friends who have divorced that it is easy to align with one spouse or the other. I am sure he has many friends who would say he tried. Again, the cheating all over the place is horrible, I cannot begin to comment on why or what regarding THAT. But, someone divorcing nearly 30 years ago does not really blow my mind. We are all human, and few of us could withstand the scrutiny into all aspects of our lives and come out smelling like a rose.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/18/2008 6:51:03 AM
Author: MoonWater
I wonder what the comments would be had this been Obama rather than McCain.
34.gif

Erin

Ideal_Rock
If only McCain's pastor was the one who left his wife for a rodeo queen, maybe the media and America would care.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Dems have more affairs. Repubs have more affairs. Guys, guys, it's completely irrelevant. Powerful men have affairs. PERIOD. They have the ego, the drive to power, and the libido to match. Why do people always think political affiliation determines sooo much? This isn't football - welll YOUR team has more affairs than MY team. Yeesh. And furthermore, if you go back in American history far enough, the political party platforms were flipped from what they are today, or didn't even exist in a form we would recognize today as democrat or republican. So even more irrelevance.

To quote a favorite phrase of surfgirl: WORD!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2008 1:16:35 PM
Author: HollyS

Well now, Holly, I was going to Word! Karen but now you''ve put me in a slighty awkward situation of having to Word! myself...Is that allowed? Oh hell, it''s my fav phrase so let me just say Word! to me.

Seriously though, my point Karen, wasn''t to make a score sheet and the winning "team" is the bad/good guys. It was merely to bring to light, yet again, the thin and usually incorrect statements made by DF on these subjects. I hear way more about conservative politicians affairs than I do the other side. It''s sort of like Conservatives crying that the media is soooooo liberally biased. Yeah. That must be why there was SO much media coverage on the scores of "acts of impeachment" that were read on the floor last week.
20.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2008 1:24:19 PM
Author: surfgirl

Date: 6/19/2008 1:16:35 PM
Author: HollyS

Well now, Holly, I was going to Word! Karen but now you''ve put me in a slighty awkward situation of having to Word! myself...Is that allowed? Oh hell, it''s my fav phrase so let me just say Word! to me.

Seriously though, my point Karen, wasn''t to make a score sheet and the winning ''team'' is the bad/good guys. It was merely to bring to light, yet again, the thin and usually incorrect statements made by DF on these subjects. I hear way more about conservative politicians affairs than I do the other side. It''s sort of like Conservatives crying that the media is soooooo liberally biased. Yeah. That must be why there was SO much media coverage on the scores of ''acts of impeachment'' that were read on the floor last week.
20.gif
Word times three! I still can''t believe that there was no coverage of the second part of the research on 9-11 coming out, with the finding that the White House knowingly misled us into war.

Granted, I guess it''s not really news, but still--you''d expect it to be mentioned.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i don''t care what people do in their private lives,including politicians.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/19/2008 2:38:42 AM
Author: surfgirl
DF, sadly, as usual, you haven''t really bothered to actually look into this before commenting, have you? If you had, I think you''d find that the tally on affairs that have come to light would be heavy on the Conservative Party side. I''m on a deadline or I''d look it all up, but I think someone here is probably already doing so as I type! What I do find interesting is that people still blather on about Clinton''s affair, and how many Republicans have been found out having affairs since then? It''s been quite a few IIRC, though I dont really remember hearing about any Democrats so...just something to consider while you''re typing out your next one liner.
Elliot Spitzer...the only difference....he had to pay for his affairs.
14.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto, word, xerox, and whatever else you want to say to affirm the post about not caring to have a tally on affairs! I look at each individual running and see who lines up with my beliefs and interests and whether I think they have the character and experience to hold that office. I am registered unaffiliated due to the fact that I don''t care to take on a party identity. And I am always so glad I made that decision when politicians on both side make such fools of themselves!!!

But I will say this. It does matter to me whether a man running for an important office cheats on his wife. It says a lot about his integrity and honesty. I also don''t care for bad language.

I think it is quite possible I may be voting for an (unknown at this time) third candidate this election. Not sure I want to put my name in the hat for the two major candidates.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
6/19/2008 11:55:05 AM

Author:
diamondfan

We are all human, and few of us could withstand the scrutiny into all aspects of our lives and come out smelling like a rose.

That''s one reason why relatively few of us run for president. The American press now looks into everything, where once it did not. Abraham Lincoln may have had mental health issues, but he was able to keep them private. Senator Eagleton could not keep his private. Mario Cuomo was once placed to be the perfect presidential candidate, but he decided not to run and never gave a reason why. If he had run for president, we might have learned why he hesitated. Fair or not, that''s the way it now is...for everybody running.

Deborah
34.gif

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2008 12:57:46 PM
Author: Starset Princess
If only McCain''s pastor was the one who left his wife for a rodeo queen, maybe the media and America would care.
LOL!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results