shape
carat
color
clarity

The diamond gemologist

SColours

Rough_Rock
The guy who advertises his services on this site, does anybody have references or know him? http://www.roughdiamondgemologist.com/index.html

In case you've never visited the site he proposes to screen manifests or help to hunt for specific categories of stones and help get anything done with all the necessary certificates and licenses. In case he's not legit are there well known serious people who offer this service anybody can recommend?

toBnruG

Rough_Rock
This guy is on LinkedIn. He also lists a long list of Clientele on his website.
You would be well advised to contact previous clientele and employers to ask for references. There seem to be many to choose from. If you're looking to employ his services this would be a logical first step, after perhaps talking to him on the phone to gauge for yourself if you trust him on first impulse.

Good luck and let us know how it works out for you.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
imho if you don't know how to do it yourself you should not do it when it comes to diamonds at that level.
Going outside established channels is a very very bad idea.
Just meeting the wrong person can get you dead or arrested and thrown in a hell hole jail.
I don't know anything about him one way or the other.

SColours

Rough_Rock
Yep I'll check his references before I proceed further but the first impression is that he's legit but as the last poster pointed out when going to Africa you need to get it right because you can die only once.... :???:

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I"m not really clear why you want to do this.

Assuming you work for or own a cutting factory, you've got sources already and the goal is to find better sources. I get that, but Googling up some consult in Africa strikes me as a staggeringly risky way to do that. Get referrals through your existing channels and move upstream. Don't start the way you're starting. Grey marketers in Africa have a reputation for being scams and crooks for a reason.

If you DON'T have the whole cutting problem and distribution systems down already, those are going to be your problem areas, even if this works out perfectly. That is to say, if you want to get into the diamond business, this is a nutty place to start.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results