shape
carat
color
clarity

The Diamond & Airport Proposal Story

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

flash_e_gt

Rough_Rock
First off,
Let me thank everyone for the help you have given me during my ring search. The ring I finally bought was beautiful. Special thanks to Denise from Whiteflash & David Bowen from Staffords here in Cincinnati, who had to deal with my indecision and crazyness.

The diamond I bought was a 1.27 VS1 H round w/ great dimensions and #'s all around! The setting I got is a reproduction Vatche Xprong Channel w/ princess side stones. THE WHOLE THING IS RIDICULOUSLY BEAUTIFUL!

So Marie does a lot of business travel, and is always coming and going by air. And the way our airport is setup, when you return you have to ride up a large escalator to get to baggage return. Well every time she returns she always says that she thinks I'll be there with flowers to welcome her back to Cincinnati. (And of course i'm never there...too lazy).

So, I got the ring (Diamond from Whiteflash, setting from Staffords here in Cincinnati), a dozen roses, and a sign that said her name on the front and "Will you Marry Me" on the back.

She came up the escalator and saw me standing there with the sign (name out) and the flowers and immediately began to smile, (it turns out that she just thought I was being cute, not actually popping the question) Then I turned the sign over, and she got REALLY happy, and came over and gave me a big hug, then I gave her the roses, got down on one knee, said some choice words, asked her to marry me, (which she said yes) and I gave her the ring.

One of the funniest things was that she wasn't really looking at it, too busy with the hugs and kisses... and then she said she didn't want to look at it too much because she didn't want me to think that was all she cared about.

So I told her with all the effort I put in, she better look at it!
9.gif
And pretty much from that point on she looked at it constantly for the rest of the night.

After the airport we went to dinner at the place where we went on our first date, everyone beamed over the ring, and us, it was great.

I'll post pics of the ring in a second.
Thanks Again!
appl.gif

-Ekow

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Sweet Proposal! What did the passerbys do?

Beautiful ring. Congrats & Best Wishes to your fiancee!

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Nice Story & Beautiful Ring..Congrats!
1.gif

flash_e_gt

Rough_Rock
Quite honestly,
the funniest thing about it was that right before she got there, a limo guy shows up holding one one of those signs... and he says....is that what I think it is...

And I say "yep"

And he says something like "Now THAT is cool!"

ha!

also, I also think it is funny how many women will try an come up and try and get some flowers that obviously aren't meant for them... At least three women looked at the sign and said, "OH that is me...those are for me". Not really that funny of a joke.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring. Great proposal. Thanks for sharing it with us.
What a lucky Gal!
appl.gif

wallace

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations to you and Marie! What a wonderful story! And a beautiful ring! Nice pic's (how'd you do that?).

I just wanted to say that I think it was very sweet that she tried not to focus on the ring! (And very cute that you wnated her to)! My FI asked me in Nov 03 while we were on a trip. He could not take the ring with him for several reasons, more like a comedy of errors! and he asked me anyway. After I said yes he told me that a ring I saw and liked was waiting for me at home. That ring was very expensive and I did not expect it at all!!! I was not disppointed that he did not have a ring b/c it left us to enjoy the moment. I was almost relieved that he did not have THAT ring becuase I would have felt the same way your FI did! I didn't want to detract from the moment by getting into the details of the ring b/c it seemed so materialistic at such a magic moment. I remembered thinking that the moment he told me about the ring - I just wanted to share... I think her response was worthy of guy who would go to all that effort!
appl.gif

Your FI displayed an inhuman amount of strength by resisting the automatic OHHH AHH reflex that happens to women in the presence of diamonds!
love.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Great story, and a beautiful ring. You did very well on both parts of the proposal.
1.gif
Congrats and best wishes.

Shay

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
This is weird, I know I posted yesterday, that I was so shocked that women would try to claim your fiancee's roses!

And the post has diasappeared!

Ah well, It's a beautiful story, a wonderful ring, and best wishes to your fiancee, and Congrats to you!

win

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results