shape
carat
color
clarity

The deed is done!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mikeeko

Rough_Rock

Greetings all! I discovered this site a couple of months ago while shopping for an engagement ring and haven''t stopped checking out the forums since I ordered from Whiteflash! I proposed to my gf last weekend in San Francisco where we originally met - at the time, I was taking a break from practicing law by working for my friend''s legal recruiting company. I was in the break room with my friend when he introduced me to his friend who worked for an immigration law firm. She had just been fired! So I gave her my card and told her to call me since I had some projects I would be able to place her on. After 2 weeks, I finally called her and told her I had a job for her. She accepted - then we started dating and the rest is, shall I say history!

For our 2 year anniversary we went back to SF to spend the day relaxing and shopping. My original plan was to propose in the same breakroom where we first met! Luckily, my friend who introduced us was still at the same office building, so access wouldn''t be an issue. However, the day before I was going to propose, my friend tells me that his entire floor would be off-limits for the weekend to replace the carpet! Bummer - now what?? So I decided to just wing it and maybe find a spot somewhere along the Pier or near the Ferry Bldg. as an alternative.

When we got to our hotel in SF, it wasn''t ready, so we took off for some shopping. Since I didn''t want to leave the ring with the luggage at the hotel, I decided to take it with me - and I''m so lucky I did.....my friend calls me and says that he was able to arrange access for me and my gf even though they''re still removing the old carpeting on his floor! So I''m talking to him on my cell with my gf next to me, trying to speak in code so she won''t know what''s up!

We finally get to my friend''s office building and he takes up to his floor, then says he''ll meet us in the breakroom since he forgot something in his car. There are several workers all around, the flooring is ripped to shreds, but I press on to the breakroom and try my best to act normal. My gf and I start reminiscing about how we first met. I asked if she remembered where I was sitting and what I said to her. Then when she gets up to get some water, I tell her that I thought this was a perfect place to ask her something that she had been waiting for - I then got on my knee, popped open the ring box, and asked her to marry me!

Needless to say, she was in tears, and I was just thankful that no one walked in on us the whole time!

Here''s the WF pic of her cathedral setting (hope it uploads) ring. The stone is ACA, .754, G, VS2 and quite a "sparkler"!

RingMIKO2007.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww, what a sweet proposal story! And a lovely ring too -- congratulations!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
it''s beautiful..congrats..

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous stone in a beautiful setting! Congrats on your engagement!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Loved your proposal story, very sweet. The ring is gorgeous!!!! Congrats on your engagement!!!!
36.gif

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring and such a sweet proposal. Congratulations!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your engagement!! It''s a beautiful ring and a very sweet proposal story.

doobao

Shiny_Rock
Awwwwwwww~ HOW SWEET!

Congradulations~~~~~
36.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
such a good story...congratulations!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Lovely proposal and ring
30.gif

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Sweet proposal...love the ring!!!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
great story and beautiful ring! Congratulations!!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
It''s definitely a beauty! Congrats!
30.gif
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
awesome; I love it!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
What a nice proposal and the ring is so very pretty!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful. Congratulations!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful proposal story...very thoughtful! And of course, gorgeous ring! Well done!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just beautiful, wonderful story, congrats!!!
36.gif
35.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
We need hand shots!! Thats the setting I am considering so seeing it on her hand would be wonderful!!!
Congratulations!!
36.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just gorgeous. Congratulations on your engagement
36.gif
!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results