color
clarity

The Daily Happy Hour -- Starting TODAY!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Painting and drinking this afternoon. :lol-2:

20200408_154813.jpg

A perfect combination haha! Ok, you've got me curious, what are you making? I'm into crafts.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A perfect combination haha! Ok, you've got me curious, what are you making? I'm into crafts.

:lol-2:

These will be my first attempts at Kratky method hydroponics. I have started some different seeds (peppers, tomatoes, herbs) and am getting these jars ready for them when they are a bit bigger. The black paint keeps light out so I won't have algae in the jar. Some people use tin foil but I just can't have something that ugly on my kitchen windowsill. I might have to paint over the black with some prettier colors though. I'm hoping that the cherry tomatoes will come along so I can transfer them to buckets outside. We'll see how all this turns out. My gardens have such a hard time because it's so windy in my back yard. I need a greenhouse.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol-2:

These will be my first attempts at Kratky method hydroponics. I have started some different seeds (peppers, tomatoes, herbs) and am getting these jars ready for them when they are a bit bigger. The black paint keeps light out so I won't have algae in the jar. Some people use tin foil but I just can't have something that ugly on my kitchen windowsill. I might have to paint over the black with some prettier colors though. I'm hoping that the cherry tomatoes will come along so I can transfer them to buckets outside. We'll see how all this turns out. My gardens have such a hard time because it's so windy in my back yard. I need a greenhouse.

Oh wow what a great project! Keeping busy with things like this is such a good distraction. Doing some decorative painting on them is a great idea. Thx @redwood66

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
0621E0DC-0190-4A5E-9805-1C8AF81AAEC0.jpeg

Happy Thursday kids!

Prosecco out of a cute little pink depression glass with a common daisy style pattern. Three dollars for this lone soul at the Allegan County Fairgrounds in Michigan last summer.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Hour started for me tonight at 7.30pm, with a large glass of Oyster Bay Sauvignon Blanc, my favourite NZ wine.

My boiler crapped out today & it's a combi, so we currently have no heating or hot water. I can cope without heating - it's warm & sunny here now. But no shower?? Noooooooo..........

Thankfully my dishwasher & washing machine take in cold water & then heat it, so life can carry on. But we will be washing in the shower with a bucket of boiled water mixed with cold for the next few days. Not only is it Easter Weekend, we are in lockdown. Urgh! Thankfully my plumber is able to pull some favours in to acquire parts, so should be with us "at some point" next week. Of all the times to break!? We can't even go down to a family members house to shower right now, as we're not allowed.

This sort of thing flares my anxiety out of control. I absolutely hate it when house or car things break & let me down.

ETA: The plumber can work happily alone without any contact with us due to where the boiler is positioned. We will clean everything down before he arrives for his benefit & again after he leaves, for ours. Thank goodness for emergency people still working.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Hour started for me tonight at 7.30pm, with a large glass of Oyster Bay Sauvignon Blanc, my favourite NZ wine.

My boiler crapped out today & it's a combi, so we currently have no heating or hot water. I can cope without heating - it's warm & sunny here now. But no shower?? Noooooooo..........

Thankfully my dishwasher & washing machine take in cold water & then heat it, so life can carry on. But we will be washing in the shower with a bucket of boiled water mixed with cold for the next few days. Not only is it Easter Weekend, we are in lockdown. Urgh! Thankfully my plumber is able to pull some favours in to acquire parts, so should be with us "at some point" next week. Of all the times to break!? We can't even go down to a family members house to shower right now, as we're not allowed.

This sort of thing flares my anxiety out of control. I absolutely hate it when house or car things break & let me down.

ETA: The plumber can work happily alone without any contact with us due to where the boiler is positioned. We will clean everything down before he arrives for his benefit & again after he leaves, for ours. Thank goodness for emergency people still working.

Notwithstanding boiler issues are never convenient. Yours in solidarity and hot water. Well OK cold wine.

cheers--Sharon

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
2CB72958-E95E-45D2-944F-57B08D33B88B.jpeg

Matata, your glasses are lovely! My feeling is that they are definitely old, but I don’t think quite depression era old — maybe 50s?

I come to that conclusion due on the molded stem and also I think you can feel a little roundness at the edge of the lip based on what I can see from blowing up your photo.

Here are four clears I just pulled out of the cabinet. The one on the far left has the slight roll I’m talking about (not sure if you’ll be able to see it in the photo). The others are VERY thin on the edges and are older than that one. Another feature of very old glass is that often it will have a ribbed pattern, and sometimes only on the inside while the outside of the glass is smoothly round. Take a look at the two on the right in the pic.

Other signs of the really old ones are tiny bubbles from the blowing and sometimes you can see super faint lines on the bottom from where they used to set the glass on hay to cool.

I hope you’re drinking something delicious out of your beautiful glass right now!

Last edited:

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I started out making Dalgona coffee, but my hand whipping just wasn't enough to make the coffee foamy. So I freestyled, topping my liquidy coffee and sugar mix with Bailey, heavy cream, milk, and what else, whipped cream.

20200408_200219.jpg

I have severe coffee envy - this looks amazing!

@Dee*Jay Your glass collection is staggering! I’m enjoying seeing your glasses as much as everyone’s drinks. I’m also highly impressed by your range of drinks! I get stuck in white wine or beer mode - you’re laying down a challenge, which doesn’t fit with the no drinking in the week New Year resolution I set on 1st January...

@AlexT I hope your boiler gets fixed soon - that is dreadful timing! I didn’t service ours last year as we were going to replace it this spring, which obviously hasn’t now happened. It’s old and inherited from the previous owner so we may shortly be sharing your pain!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @canuk-gal and @lissyflo I hope your boiler stays alive. Ours was inherited when we moved her 14 years ago & has had a good innings. The plumber has brought it back to life several times, with various pumps, diaphragm & 2 mother boards over the years. I think when this drama is over, we need to get it replaced.

I left it on last night, flashing his little error, and this morning, low & behold the heating fired up & we can shower! Weird!

Not going to do Happy Hour tonight due to last nights over indulgence & late night clambering around trying to bring the boiler back to life with the manual. I'm not a plumber, but having an engineering brain, I can get annoyed with not understanding why things work / don't work.

Saving myself for Saturday.

Happy Easter weekend, everybody!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Alex T I hope your boiler gets fixed as soon as possible. Glad your plumber is on the job!

Yay for some hot water for your shower this AM. Things are looking up!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhh coffee makes mornings worth waking up for...

bigblackcoffeemug.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
C7A98C2F-24B7-47AF-8CA2-B8D5586969E5.jpeg

Happy Friday kids!

Today has been a little off kilter so please forgive me for being a bit late to the party!

ETA: boy, that grout at the bottom looks terrible! It's amazing what you see when you start blowing pics up!

donnabrsd

Brilliant_Rock
C7A98C2F-24B7-47AF-8CA2-B8D5586969E5.jpeg

Happy Friday kids!

Today has been a little off kilter so please forgive me for being a bit late to the party!

ETA: boy, that grout at the bottom looks terrible! It's amazing what you see when you start blowing pics up!

@Dee*Jay That glass is so beautiful, I don’t notice any grout issues.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Dee*Jay Gosh, I am fascinated with your glasses & what you know about them! It's actually spiked my interest & I think when this is all over, I might start mooching in antique shops?

I love the idea of having the impressions of straw in the bottom of really old ones!

Plus I love the idea of having my weekend tipple from something more beautiful than I currently have, which are beautiful in that they're Waterford Crystal, but there just wine glasses.

@canuk-gal Love the Tiffany beaker. I SO covet a Tiffany solitaire......

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My favorite winter cocktail and it was quite chilly yesterday so this would warm the soul.

DarkNStormy-2.jpg

Ingredients:

Ginger beer
Bitters
Dark Rum

Yummmmmmm

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
90ABB629-7C6E-4C69-9AFD-D87E4C9F0D81.jpeg

Happy Saturday kids! Another clear today. I’ll do something colorful tomorrow in honor of Easter!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't "Passover" the cocktail...presenting the "Red Sea Sour"

Red-Sea-Sour-168x300.jpg

"
This involves making a syrup reduction out of sweet Kosher wine (such as Kedem or Manischewitz.)

2 oz Distillery No. 209 Kosher for Passover gin (or other suitable dry gin)

¾ oz Sweet Wine Syrup (recipe follows)

¾ oz fresh lemon juice

lemon zest for garnish (optional)

Shake all ingredients except garnish with ice well to combine. Strain into chilled coupe or cocktail glass. Garnish if desired, you’ve worked so hard already."

And for equal time here is the "Easter bunny cocktail".

EasterBunny-88801230-56a173d43df78cf7726ac417.jpg

"The recipe for the Easter bunny cocktail requires just a few ingredients. The base is a mix of a chocolate liqueur and vodka served on the rocks. This is then topped with a float of chocolate syrup and cherry brandy."

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Easter morning. This will help wake you up with a smile on your face.

apricot-sparkler-cl-0918-1533663770.jpg

1. Combine apricot nectar, Cointreau, and vodka, if desired, in a pitcher; chill.
  2. Add prosecco just before serving
  3. Enjoy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
2481A618-E865-40FC-9B20-886DE95AB3E2.png

Happy Easter kids!

Building on the theme — apricot Bellini!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m working more than before. My org is helping with COVID-related needs (I’m not personally front lines).

DH is also working more than before. Also with COVID response needs. He is also not front lines - but for him that statement ends with “yet”.

Upside? I stop eating when I’m stressing and I’ve lost six pounds without trying.

Thinking about a kitten. Maybe a bonded pair. It’s been a month since we lost Gretta and I still count to five doing a headcount check before closing a door.

I don’t know about y’all’s but it’s wine time here right now.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sazerac.jpg

"The Sazerac is the original American cocktail. Invented in New Orleans sometime before the Civil War, it’s made with rye whiskey and Peychaud’s bitters and served in a glass coated with absinthe."

It's very strong and I know some of us (@Dee*Jay) need that today. Cheers.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is 7:25AM too early for a refreshing and bright cucumber gin cocktail? I think not. How can something this pretty not be OK. :kiss:

cucumbergin.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I haven't been regularly drinking wine at home for years, and I just finished my 2nd bottle within a week. I have 3 more bottles left and might place my next order in advance "just in case".

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
35C220DE-DE91-4B19-BA59-C12849E86F77.jpeg

Happy Tuesday kids!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results