shape
carat
color
clarity

"The Coronation" on the Smithsonian Channel

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a reminder to watch this show on the Smithsonian Channel as it repeats this week. This is for American viewers. The BBC already aired it. Not only does Queen Elizabeth herself give a rare and candid interview, she handles Saint Edward's crown and Imperial State crown. You get to see all the Royal Coronation jewels up close, and my, they need to do a better job polishing them up. A fun and pretty show to watch especially for the sassy Queen and all the jewels.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Neat! I miss that channel (I can't get it down here :(2)

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a reminder to watch this show on the Smithsonian Channel as it repeats this week. This is for American viewers. The BBC already aired it. Not only does Queen Elizabeth herself give a rare and candid interview, she handles Saint Edward's crown and Imperial State crown. You get to see all the Royal Coronation jewels up close, and my, they need to do a better job polishing them up. A fun and pretty show to watch especially for the sassy Queen and all the jewels.

Thank you TL for the heads up! I enjoyed it.

Reactions: T L

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I caught part of the program, then my husband or son (can’t remember who) promptly changed the channel. I did catch the part where Queen Elizabeth said she could not bend her head down to read otherwise she’d break her neck! The crown is beautiful, but extremely heavy. Did they reveal the weight of the crown?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I caught part of the program, then my husband or son (can’t remember who) promptly changed the channel. I did catch the part where Queen Elizabeth said she could not bend her head down to read otherwise she’d break her neck! The crown is beautiful, but extremely heavy. Did they reveal the weight of the crown?

They said the crown was 4 pounds. I find it hilarious that the Queen could probably care less about jewels. I once heard her say that she would never wear jewels if she didn't have to.

Now I know why the Black Prince's Ruby ( a spinel ) has a hole drilled through it. I find the bezel work horrible on all the pieces, but I suppose that was the best they could do at the time the regalia was made (17th century).

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They said the crown was 4 pounds. I find it hilarious that the Queen could probably care less about jewels. I once heard her say that she would never wear jewels if she didn't have to.

Now I know why the Black Prince's Ruby ( a spinel ) has a hole drilled through it. I find the bezel work horrible on all the pieces, but I suppose that was the best they could do at the time the regalia was made (17th century).
All of the jewelry looks heavy. Four pounds has got to be so uncomfortable. It makes me sad that the Black Prince’s Ruby has a hole drilled through it.

Reactions: T L
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results