carat
color
clarity

The comforts of home..

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
JDDN|1462383273|4027211 said:
Gypsy|1462343279|4027009 said:
I had a fantastic experience with my duvet and sham set from Restoration Hardware. It was the Cypress Italian Paisley in Fog. https://www.restorationhardware.com/catalog/product/product.jsp?productId=prod1498007 The cotton sateen was so soft and lovely. It didn't wrinkle too much and was super durable. I actually had two duvets and switched them out each time I washed them. I had this on my bed for 6 years. And I have 5 cats. Great set.

I just re-did my bedroom and bought this duvet and shams set, which is the linen, and I am less happy with it. https://www.restorationhardware.com/catalog/product/product.jsp?productId=prod6451739&categoryId=cat1860011 It's beautiful. But unless you wash it on cold and use air dry it is like burlap, and I'm not happy washing my linens on cold. And drying a duvet on air takes forever, plus, in the new washer and dryer the thing balls up like you wouldn't believe. It takes 3 HOURS to dry it, and I have to un-ball it every half hour. So... total pain in the neck.

So I would TOTALLY buy another sateen set from them. But another linen, nope.

Oh, thank you for linking those! The Cypress Italian Paisley is gorgeous and it's on sale!!!

And good to know about the set in linen. I always wondered if lined would be high maintenance and you just confirmed my suspicion. Can you return it to RH? Tell them they are stiff as burlap when you wash per the instructions? I feel they may at least give you a store credit.....

I would in a heartbeat if I could find something as good or better that works in the room. I haven't found anything that does though.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I love Scott too. I use to buy Charmin and my kids would constantly clog the toilet and I would have to drag the plunger out. They then clogged it sooooo bad over so many times I had to have a plumber clear the sewage line from my house to the street. Yuck!!!! The plumber told me Charmin and other thick papers like it clog lines so bad it has probably paid for his kids education. He told me to switch to scott to avoid clogs. I did that 5 years ago and I have had maybe 1 clogged toilet since and only because my son was sick. Seriously, its almost impossible to clog a toilet with that stuff. And if its clogged, let it sit awhile and it literally disintegrates. So while my kids complain its not cushy enough- tough. I'm not dealing with clogged toilets anymore! Plus its cheaper. I buy that giant costco package and it lasts a lonnnng time.

I love love love Costco!

My latest household thing I am loving is I just bought a PUR water-filter 18 cup dispenser for my fridge. I love it! I love cold water and after what happened it flint, I decided that my kids and I should drink filtered water instead of tap water. I don't live in Michigan and I know that these things don't remove all lead, but I feel better about drinking the filtered water for my family. Plus it tastes better!!

I also just got rid of my upstairs litterbox and my cats don't seem to mind. Nice having one less litterbox to clean.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy, I just wanted to thank you very much for all your recommendations for sheets. When mine eventually gives up, I am definitely going to try one or two of those. Towels, too.

And thank you also, Missy, for your input. I'll also look into your recs when the time comes. I had linens from my mother from years ago - I even have a tablecloth from a great-grandma - and those linens lasted for decades, then I had that one good sheet from RL, so I don't really know what to buy in the "modern world"!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results