carat
color
clarity

The circle of life ..

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so sorry! I also had a Siamese, they are a special kind I think <3
Mine passed with a thyroid problem :(
I agree, there is something special about the Siamese. Big personalities.

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
I spent a bucketload of money trying to save a Tonkinese called Arkie (not the one in my avatar) and I am ashamed what I put him through because vets told me they could save him, I believed them and they couldn't but at the time he wasn't an old cat and I couldn't let go. He was the surrogate kid before I had a real child. I look back now and realise he taught me a lot of life lessons. And is still to this day the best cat I have ever owned.

Ongoing hugs to you, I know how much so many of our furry friends mean to us.
\
and the sweet, and very wise reply.

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so sorry to hear what you're going through. I've been there before. Its never easy.

KiKi is obviously very special to you and your DH. He's a lucky cat to have found you. You've given him wonderful care and endless love.

Sending hugs
Thanks December.. the end is always very hard and it really stinks :(

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
Siamese3, I am so sorry you and Kiki are going through this. It is never an easy decision and so far our kitties have shown us when it is time and I think you will know.

It is the toughest but bravest decision you will make when the time is right.
When his quality of life is no longer there and you will be able to give him peace. That is true love and I think you will know when the time is right. Trust your gut.

I am so sorry and my heart goes out to all of you. Sending good thoughts and lots of gentle hugs. Kiki is special and you are both lucky to have found each other and be a part of each other's lives.
Missy.. thanks so much for your reply and I do try to focus on that we were able to provide him with peace.

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
Siamese3, Kiki is beautiful and I'm so sorry you are facing this difficult decision. We have had many very loved pets over the years and had to make the decision to euthanize many times. Somehow I have always just known when the time has come. Something would change in me and I would go from almost frantically trying to save them to having a strong sense of calmness come over me. I can't explain it better. We had a beautiful set of sealpoint littermates. Samurai passed at age 12 suddenly from complications of diabetes, and Saphira, his sister, lived to age 15 and passed from kidney failure. I went through all the same feelings you describe about Kiki with Saphira. I had to give her injectable fluids for 3 years to help her kidneys, special diets, meds etc and wasn't ready to say goodbye but didn't want her to suffer. I worried about how the end would come for her. She just stopped eating. I called the vet the morning of the second day when she wouldn't eat and knew it was time. She was telling me. I think Kiki will let you know too. (((hugs))).

Kmarla..I also had a Siamese (my first pet that was mine alone as an adult and he got diabetes when he was 15)..he was a real curmudgeon and it was difficult to control his sugar. It was tough. I think you are spot on about the sense of calm. Last night, my husband and I decided that Kiki was ready and today was the day. It was harder than some of my other pets in the past, I think because we had such a complicated relationship, but I am glad he is no longer suffering. Thank you for your kind thoughts.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh no :( @siamese3 I'm so sorry. Are you and your DH feeling ok?

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Siamese3, I am so sorry. I hope you and your husband are at peace knowing Kiki isn't suffering anymore. It's a different type of emotional pain after they're gone than the pain we experience watching them while ill and suffering. You gave Kiki a great life and you can be proud of that. It takes great courage to know when to let go. Big hugs to you.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry for your loss. Words are inadequate. ((Hugs)) to you and your DH.

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
oh no :( @siamese3 I'm so sorry. Are you and your DH feeling ok?
We are quite sad, and somehow it doesn't seem real yet, although our house seems very odd and quiet without him and his "big" personality. I am worried about out bluepoint, Max, his sib, although we are hoping he will be fine. We are showering him with love and attention.

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
Siamese3, I am so sorry. I hope you and your husband are at peace knowing Kiki isn't suffering anymore. It's a different type of emotional pain after they're gone than the pain we experience watching them while ill and suffering. You gave Kiki a great life and you can be proud of that. It takes great courage to know when to let go. Big hugs to you.
Poodles...He was definitely unique.. It was very hard at the vet's as he got quite agitated, but he was not know for ever making anything easy for himself. We wished he didn't have to go through that. We haven't ever had a cat get like that at the end when we brought them in, but somehow with him, it was not entirely unexpected. He was a cat that kind that didn't even like when I sat in a different chair than my normal spot. Thanks for the hugs, much appreciated.

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We are quite sad, and somehow it doesn't seem real yet, although our house seems very odd and quiet without him and his "big" personality. I am worried about out bluepoint, Max, his sib, although we are hoping he will be fine. We are showering him with love and attention.
aww Siamese I totally understand. Max will be fine--but might be a little confused for a few days as he gets used to the changes. But you showering him with love and attention will definitely help him "heal" faster! But animals do kind of grieve in their own way, so give him time to be a little unclear about the house, sounds ,etc. You guys are amazing pet parents--it's clear from how you write about them how much you love them.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG I am so so glad I clicked on this thread I wasn't going to because I didn't know what it was about.

I don't have any wise words to give you because it is just so so hard.

All I can say is that he knows he's loved. Especially if he's a difficult cat, he knows he's loved. I love both my cats to death but I have a soft spot for my difficult boy precisely because he's difficult.

I just wanted you to know I understand. Sending you hugs and a bunch to your kitty.

ETA right after I posted the pictures of Kiki came up. What a sweetheart.

ETA2 I don't know if this is your first time going through this, but one thing I can say is give him as much love and kisses and hugs as possible. I feel like those are the feelings I hung on to most after my kitty was gone. I just felt so glad to have given him so many kisses. Of course in the moment I did it without knowing what it would mean to me after but it was one of the things that brought me the most comfort.

Last edited:

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh Siamese3 - he was beautiful! You can see that attitude in his eyes in those pictures. I guess you probably anticipated the agitation today but I'm sure it was still heartbreaking for you to watch.

We had Siamese when I was a child until my sister became allergic (long story but I wanted to re-home my sister, not the cats :twisted:). I remember the attitude and the larger than life personalities they had. The female was a b* and the male thought he was a dog. And very vocal - most people don't realize how vocal Siamese are. My mom's neighbours inherited a Siamese that use to come over and visit her while she was gardening. She would spend hours "having conversations" with the cat. The owner commented that the cat would meow all the time. My mom just laughed and said the cat was talking to them and needed that stimulation.

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
He was a handsome guy, siamese3. Sorry for your loss.

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
siamese3, I'm so sorry to read that Kiki has passed. You did the right thing, but I know its still very sad. Kiki was such a handsome lad. If you'd like to share more photos of him, I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love to see them. As lovedogs said, its obvious that you and your DH are loving, responsible pet owners who care a great deal about the health and well-being of their pets. If only all pets could have such wonderful people to love and care for them.

Sending hugs and comforting thoughts

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry siamese3. My deepest condolences. You did the right thing and Kiki is at peace now. Sending you loving hugs and good wishes and keeping you and Kiki in my thoughts.

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry Siamese3. Kiki was well loved!

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
OMG I am so so glad I clicked on this thread I wasn't going to because I didn't know what it was about.

I don't have any wise words to give you because it is just so so hard.

All I can say is that he knows he's loved. Especially if he's a difficult cat, he knows he's loved. I love both my cats to death but I have a soft spot for my difficult boy precisely because he's difficult.

I just wanted you to know I understand. Sending you hugs and a bunch to your kitty.

ETA right after I posted the pictures of Kiki came up. What a sweetheart.

ETA2 I don't know if this is your first time going through this, but one thing I can say is give him as much love and kisses and hugs as possible. I feel like those are the feelings I hung on to most after my kitty was gone. I just felt so glad to have given him so many kisses. Of course in the moment I did it without knowing what it would mean to me after but it was one of the things that brought me the most comfort.

CJ... thank you so much for your understanding. I am spending this morning loving up Max. IMG_0070.JPG

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Siamese3 - he was beautiful! You can see that attitude in his eyes in those pictures. I guess you probably anticipated the agitation today but I'm sure it was still heartbreaking for you to watch.

We had Siamese when I was a child until my sister became allergic (long story but I wanted to re-home my sister, not the cats :twisted:). I remember the attitude and the larger than life personalities they had. The female was a b* and the male thought he was a dog. And very vocal - most people don't realize how vocal Siamese are. My mom's neighbours inherited a Siamese that use to come over and visit her while she was gardening. She would spend hours "having conversations" with the cat. The owner commented that the cat would meow all the time. My mom just laughed and said the cat was talking to them and needed that stimulation.

Poodles..Kiki was VERY vocal. so needless to say, our house is sadly quiet today. What I always liked about my Siamese were that they are very much like dogs in that they really like to be around their people. Kiki was often so pesky that I would wish he could be just a little more like a "regular" cat.

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you from the bottom of my heart to all who have posted. I have never really felt like a real part of this community, but have often been very touched by the outpouring of caring by so many here. Now I have been the beneficiary of the wonderful, caring people who make up this forum. All of the good wishes and hugs, etc. have been so comforting. Today, freedom kind of sucks. My DH and I are happy that Kiki is no longer suffering, but he had a big personality and was apart of our family for a long time..it's so odd how hard it is some of the time to believe it's real and final. I am reminded that every second of the day, somewhere, someone, is losing someone they love.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CJ... thank you so much for your understanding. I am spending this morning loving up Max. IMG_0070.JPG

siamese some time after I posted I came back to see if you had posted anything else and then realized I had totally missed that Kiki was gone :blackeye:

I am so so sorry.

Hi Max what a lovely boy too.

Hugs siamese. :blackeye:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Very sorry for your loss. You took wonderful care of Kiki--now take some time for yourself.

kind regards--Sharon

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
HI:

Very sorry for your loss. You took wonderful care of Kiki--now take some time for yourself.

kind regards--Sharon
Thank you for the kind advice, Sharon.

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
How did Max (and you) fare today? Was Max looking for Kiki at all? Max is a beauty as well. Is he a blue point?

katharath

Ideal_Rock
I don't have any meaningful advice to add, but wanted to send some hugs and support your way. What a lucky cat Kiki has been to have you and your DH to love him so well!

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Also just had to add - he was so beautiful, and Max is too. Take care.

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
How did Max (and you) fare today? Was Max looking for Kiki at all? Max is a beauty as well. Is he a blue point?

Life is odd and sad today.. the house seems empty and quiet. Kiki was a pretty vocal Siamese, Max not so much. Max is indeed a bluepoint and has a funny little chirp and the sweetest of natures. At times. I feel like I do sense Max wondering where Kiki is, but he Max has kind of always gotten the short end of the stick, due to Kiki being a bit of a jerk to him at times ,and Kiki's chronic illness, so I am hoping that Max will love all of the attention we are showering on him. We are going to play with him lots, and give him extra attention and I will keep my fingers crossed that he won't get depressed. I worry about Max because we started with four (a herd, I know.. over four is crazy cat lady territory, according to my DH)
and now Max is all on his own. Max had a hard time when my original Siamese died 8 years ago from diabetes, but he was unusually attached to him. He is also likes people and other animals so who knows.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results