shape
carat
color
clarity

The Christmas decorations thread, 2019!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I blame @Gussie, who took us from zero to 60 in a split second when she posted two tease-y photos of her jewelry resting on some luscious Christmas baubles! Clearly, it's time for this year's Christmas decorations thread!

This year quite a lot of people seem to be getting into the spirit early, so if you're a Christmas-o-phile like me, come out of the tinsel-lined closet and strut your stuff here, proudly!

I know for a fact that @Mamabean is getting in the Santa mood, and, while my decorating doesn't hit full force for a week or so as yet, I've done a bunch of wrapping - the photo of which is posted below!

So, Ms Gussie - any more photos? Those delicious red baubles had to be heading SOMEwhere... Anything to share?? :mrgreen:

20191113_131419.jpg

Last edited:

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

@mrs-b I can only dream of being that organised for Christmas in early November. Hats off to you! I have, however, planned and pre-ordered meats for my Christmas day lunch menu, but zero decorating or present buying has started.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Gussie Your home and Christmas decorating are magazine worthy! The interior of my house is now blue..so hope all my things will go this year!
BTW..I have a few blue and white platters like yours that were hanging on the wall. I took them down..and would like to use a stand..but because it has a little depth..the ones I have don’t work with it. Where did you get yours?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Gussie Your home and Christmas decorating are magazine worthy! The interior of my house is now blue..so hope all my things will go this year!
BTW..I have a few blue and white platters like yours that were hanging on the wall. I took them down..and would like to use a stand..but because it has a little depth..the ones I have don’t work with it. Where did you get yours?

I probably got the stands at hobby lobby. The large ones work for most platters. If it's too bowl shaped then you may have to use the wire kind.

20191113_165536.jpg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I probably got the stands at hobby lobby. The large ones work for most platters. If it's too bowl shaped then you may have to use the wire kind.

20191113_165536.jpg

Thank you! I’ll bring the platter with me to see which one would work..

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Gussie I love your house and your decorations!

Where did your pine branch type greenery come from? It looks super realistic in these pics!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
W:kiss2:W Gussie! Your house is AMAZING!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean @distracts @AprilBaby

Thank y'all! I definitely have a strong Southern style that's not for everyone. While I would kill to live in a grand old historic home, I have to manufacture charm here in the burbs! :lol:

@distracts - I think I have had that pine for 15 years, lol. It looks so real! I do lots of real greenery later in the season. The smell is divine.

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
@mrs-b I'm having heart palpitations looking at your wrapped gifts this early in the season. Lol
@Gussie Your decorating is TDF! Beautiful!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aaahhhh I'm in heaven!! Christmas can never come to early for me!! :kiss2: My kids are dying to put our tree and decorations out so that will be our Sunday afternoon this weekend. I don't know who's more excited, me or them!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i thought it was just my 'Bruce' friend in St Louis at it - he has the house lights up already although has promised to not turn then on till after thanksgiving
here Christmas is in the shops the Tuesday right after labour day and that's near the end of October
so after a life time in retail i find it really hard to muster up the Christmas spirit
last year i ended up feeling a bit quilty because although im a bit luke warm on Christmas i love fairy lights and over the years have amassed an entire wardrobe of them
and i didn't think Gary felt very Christmassy last year either as things took a turn for the worst my -job wise the week before when i realised i didn't actually have a job to transfer to.
but then after Christmas i heard him tell his daughter he had thought with all the many boxes of lights he saw we had when we moved, he thought we (as in me) would have made some sort of an effort
in my defence i did hang the wreth on the front door and replaced its batteries twice

@Gussie how long did that take ???
it looks like a magazine shoot its so beautiful
I've never seen a house that looked like that

all i have is alot of lights and two nativity sceens and a few angles i used to hang on the wall

im so allergic to pine - real trees are pine here - it was hidouse the years mum had a real tree
oh and because its summer we have Christmas lilies and i sneeze just looking at a picture of those things

i have a fiber optic tree i brought years ago and a very nice realistic fake pine and all our tree decorations are orange and lime including the fairy and i really must glue her wing back on

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow so many beautiful decorations. Such love and energy and effort and time that goes into all of this. Amazing. Thank you for sharing @mrs-b , @Catmom and @Gussie! :love: :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

20191113_165536.jpg

@Gussie..I went down to my storage room...my version of The Land of Misfit Toys..haha..and found a wire stand...I had to bend it so the platter was upright...but it worked! Thanks!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg @Gussie..Is that a mink coat on Santa?
Yes, indeed! Lol, the man who made the Santa said he got the very old mink at a thrift shop!

@Daisys and Diamonds it takes about 3 days. Of course, half the lights are out and that is so frustrating. I tend to hyper focus so I can knock it out quickly. My house is a total wreck while I am putting it all up. It drives me crazy to have a mess so I try to finish it in just a few days. I do tend to adjust/add more all the way to Christmas though. I love love love Christmas!

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was talking with David..my son with Autism..this morning..He seemed a little sad I was going to put away the Thanksgiving decorations. I asked him why he looked sad..He told me he didn’t want me to put the pumpkins away. His favorite holiday is Christmas..so I was very surprised..He sings Christmas carols during the year..haha..So...I’m going to respect his wishes and keep my fall decorations out including the pumpkins..and put the tree up this weekend. It will be a mishmash until Thanksgiving but my fella will be happy..and that’s what counts!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was talking with David..my son with Autism..this morning..He seemed a little sad I was going to put away the Thanksgiving decorations. I asked him why he looked sad..He told me he didn’t want me to put the pumpkins away. His favorite holiday is Christmas..so I was very surprised..He sings Christmas carols during the year..haha..So...I’m going to respect his wishes and keep my fall decorations out including the pumpkins..and put the tree up this weekend. It will be a mishmash until Thanksgiving but my fella will be happy..and that’s what counts!

You're an awesome mama, @Mamabean!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
You're an awesome mama, @Mamabean!
Thank you @Gussie..David doesn’t really have conversations with anyone but me. He will answer questions..but he chews my ear off when it’s just us. My husband was home on Veterans Day..He couldn’t believe how much David talks to me...and tells me how he feels..I feel so very lucky!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mamabean, you are indeed a wonderful mother and human being. We need more people like you in the world!
Thank you @Mcgregor What a sweet thing to say!
Back to regular programming! Hahaha!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Gussie your stunning home and decorations are magazine worthy! You have quite an eye and talent for design. I love the richness of your artwork and collections. Your photos invoke a luxe and nostalgic quality. So so warm and lovely! :kiss2: I’ll fly you up here to help me decorate Girl! :dance:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL, yes thank you, I made it. Many, many hours of machine work. I am currently working on a different one for my daughter which I absolutely love. IMG_6368.jpg

It’s so pretty @Catmom!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results