shape
carat
color
clarity

The Christmas decorations thread, 2019!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not my decorations but still pretty enough to share.

christmastreerockefeller.png
In NYC.

xmastreeptpleasant.jpg

asburychristmastree.jpg

and at the Jersey Shore.

With our newest kitty addition and all we have been dealing with we decided not to put up decorations this year. Hopefully we can resume the tradition of putting up our tree next year.

In the meantime leaving you with Tommy and the tree from a previous year. I can only imagine what havoc Oliver would wreak.

tommyintree.jpg

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been so inspired by this thread - I have been dealing with some stuff and was just NOT feeling up to decorating for christmas beyond putting out my ceramic trees and other low-effort tabletop items, but then my husband put up the tree on his own last weekend so I came to this thread and looked at some youtube videos to get inspired. Our main tree is a fat 10-footer so it's no small thing to decorate. Thank goodness it is pre-lit. I want to add more lights but wasn't up to it this year. This is only our second Christmas in our new big house and so it's quite the difference in terms of the amount of space to decorate. Our old house could only accommodate a small tree in an urn, that is about four feet tall total, and so even the difference between trees alone is massive (especially since I still put the small one up). But now I'm almost done decorating. Doesn't look anywhere near as good as some of you all - but then I've only been collecting decorations for this house for a year. We haven't even figured out all our furniture for this house yet, let alone all the holiday decor! :lol:

My husband was saying that he wishes we had gotten a 12 or 14-foot tree rather than the 10-foot one... I don't know why he thinks I want to spend any MORE time decorating than I already do, lol! I told him only a tree that tall if he spend three three-hour shifts helping to put on ornaments, lol. We'd also need a taller ladder

I would be so afraid to fall off the ladder decorating 10 foot tree that a 14ft one might as well be in outer space.

Lots of people in my neighborhood order a service to decorate larger houses. I think by the time one adds up buying a huge tree, lots of ornaments, lights, ribbon and time to put up the tree, it might be the same as paying for the service that brings everything in and sets it up.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would be so afraid to fall off the ladder decorating 10 foot tree that a 14ft one might as well be in outer space.

Lots of people in my neighborhood order a service to decorate larger houses. I think by the time one adds up buying a huge tree, lots of ornaments, lights, ribbon and time to put up the tree, it might be the same as paying for the service that brings everything in and sets it up.

Yeah, my mom has friends who do that, and I suspect quite a few people in my neighborhood do. They certainly hire people to do the lights - I got a quote once and it was OUTRAGEOUS - $3k for just the eaves lined, and $8-10k for the eaves, pathway, and several trees wrapped like my neighbors have. I was shocked - idk if we are getting an upcharge because of the neighborhood we are in or what. It's only about 2 days of work plus lights.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On Christmas eve, we have boxes we open. We put in one small gift and I included some treats for a Christmas eve supper. :))

NB the good PSer bedazzling on the boxes. ::)

20191224_183032.jpg

20191224_183040.jpg

The idea of the Christmas eve boxes is that the contents are our activities for the evening. Firstly - my box - bath bombs and treats for supper while sitting in bed watching movies!

20191224_183052.jpg

DH's box - which includes his supper 'fixin's' and the 2 movies (The Insider and The Accountant) for us to watch:

20191224_183155.jpg

20191224_183015.jpg

And lastly, a gratuitous photo of our floral arrangement in the living room next to my pile of Christmas books (which I love!):

20191224_205203.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
At the beach today
Christmas2019.jpg
this was so cute, I sent it as an ecard to people!

20191225_121906[1].jpg

Attachments

• 20191225_115334[1].jpg
    20191225_115334[1].jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 73

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Arcadian - where are these taken?

Jupiter Beach, want to say entrance number 34 and 44? They're always doing something down there. We're going tomorrow sometime just to see what people put on the beach...lol

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
My decorations are still up
having a family xmas lunch on friday so i need to touch up the tree
a few things have fallen off (i could never have glass decorations)

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When does everyone take down their holiday decorations? We usually keep them through January 7th.

I'm thinking of not putting the tree back in the box. I bought a slim one so won't take up much space in the basement. Just need to cover it so it doesn't get dusty.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
We keep it up way longer than I’m comfortable with. At one point it becomes weird to me. January 6..Little Christmas...is the latest for me. I have to wait for my husband to get all the bins out of the basement. I‘m at his mercy because of that. He would keep them up until March if I didn’t start getting upset..This year I did think of a way for him to get a move on,,,He likes order...so I’m going to put most things in the dining room table and floor...He won’t be able to take it..hahaha. The tree will probably be up even longer though...sigh...

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I don't decorate the house much anymore--but I did put the few things away yesterday. I plan to keep the tree up a while longer this year...I like the lights.

cheers--Sharon

facetgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Mine all came down yesterday. I'm still packing things away but they are all in one place now waiting for me to wrap them up. We are selling the house in 2020 so this was the last Christmas in here (likely) and it's been a very somber exercise.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When does everyone take down their holiday decorations? We usually keep them through January 7th.

I'm thinking of not putting the tree back in the box. I bought a slim one so won't take up much space in the basement. Just need to cover it so it doesn't get dusty.

hah, I'm lucky if I can get mine down before February.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results