shape
carat
color
clarity

The Camera May Not Lie - But it Tells Different Truths

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Serg

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 7/2/2009 1:11:43 PM
Author: Rockdiamond
Serg- I did not see a movie at the link- rather a series of photos.

Additionally, the stone is identified as ''Fancy Yellow''- which is a leap from ''Fancy Vivid Yellow''

Here''s a photo showing the shade of a Fancy Yellow.

David,
You need install Stereo.exe( you can download it from same page). Then you can see these series photos as movie by Stereo.exe .

Fancy yellow , Fancy Intense yellow, Vivid yellow are Fancy Yellow diamonds. I do not remember grade for this diamond . It is either Intense or Vivid yellow.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 7/2/2009 1:34:39 PM
Author: Serg

Fancy yellow , Fancy Intense yellow, Vivid yellow are Fancy Yellow diamonds. I do not remember grade for this diamond . It is either Intense or Vivid yellow.
I''ll make sure to tell the cutter that next time I''m buying a Fancy Vivid Yellow..heheh

Serously...Serg- there''s a huge difference between those grades, both in appearance as well as price.
The page identifies it as Fancy Yellow.

Serg

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 7/2/2009 1:41:44 PM
Date: 7/2/2009 1:34:39 PM

Author: Serg

I''ll make sure to tell the cutter that next time I''m buying a Fancy Vivid Yellow..heheh

Serously...Serg- there''s a huge difference between those grades, both in appearance as well as price.

The page identifies it as Fancy Yellow.

David,
Did I say its are SAME Grades ? same price?

Vivid, Intense, Fancy, Light , Dark, Deep are different grade for fancy color diamonds

Vivid diamond is Fancy Color diamond,
Vivid yellow is Fancy yellow diamond.
same name is for Grade and Type

Sorry, It is not my classification

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Serg- I apologize- I think we agree- but it''s a language issue.
To clarify for those reading this:
As a dealer, if I was to use the term "Fancy Yellow" loosely it would be irresponsible and create confusion.
Kind of like calling an H color a D

Serg

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 7/2/2009 1:53:50 PM
Serg- I apologize- I think we agree- but it's a language issue.

To clarify for those reading this:

As a dealer, if I was to use the term 'Fancy Yellow' loosely it would be irresponsible and create confusion.

Kind of like calling an H color a D

Dave,
I had reason avoid publish grade for this diamond.

GIA pre-grade was Intense. Client was disagree because diamonds was really nice and DC color grade was exact boundary between Intense and Vivid.
DC color has conservative grade ( I tried do it -0.5 grade.)
Client sent Full DC color grade to GIA and GIA changed pre-grade to Vivid.
So I prefer avoid publish grade on OctoNus site.
Please take in to account what
1)OctoNus site is not for consumers. Any professional easy see difference between Fancy and Vivid grades even on Photos
2) Grade is not important for demonstration color shift due WB. But we need mention what it is for Fancy yellow diamonds

Ps/ I have example when GIA changed Deep pre-grade to Intense( diamonds was close to Intense/Vivid boundary)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results