clarity

Blog The Cambridge Emeralds

bcmacdonald

Staff member
Last edited by a moderator:

PriceScopeKayti

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
I love them too! I always enjoy getting to share them, thank you for reading :)

pammbw

Rough_Rock
I always love hearing the story about winning the emeralds in a raffle- lol yes "unreal" is the perfect word for it. How gullible do they think we are? :lol-2:

Beautiful-disaster

Shiny_Rock
Wow - a really fascinating story! - and truly stunningly gorgeous pieces. Thankyou for sharing.
I inherited some very old emeralds myself that I would love to know the story of. Very mysterious.
(It’s a carved emerald bracelet surrounded by old rubies, polki diamonds, with an enamelled minkari reverse in 22KT gold for the Moghal period). At some point it was converted 2FDB82D4-DCE9-4149-93F0-05F256BF1EBA.jpeg 7E3EAEBA-1767-47F8-9A4B-B7E3D977EC53.jpeg from a necklace or turban ornament into a bracelet.
Certainly not of the Royal Standard but still very interesting and unique piece you don’t see everyday.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i never tire of reading about the Cambridge emeralds
Queen Mary did good by them

PriceScopeKayti

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
I always love hearing the story about winning the emeralds in a raffle- lol yes "unreal" is the perfect word for it. How gullible do they think we are? :lol-2:

I have so many theories! hahaha.

PriceScopeKayti

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Wow - a really fascinating story! - and truly stunningly gorgeous pieces. Thankyou for sharing.
I inherited some very old emeralds myself that I would love to know the story of. Very mysterious.
(It’s a carved emerald bracelet surrounded by old rubies, polki diamonds, with an enamelled minkari reverse in 22KT gold for the Moghal period). At some point it was converted 2FDB82D4-DCE9-4149-93F0-05F256BF1EBA.jpeg 7E3EAEBA-1767-47F8-9A4B-B7E3D977EC53.jpeg from a necklace or turban ornament into a bracelet.
Certainly not of the Royal Standard but still very interesting and unique piece you don’t see everyday.

Well, these are magnificent! <3

pammbw

Rough_Rock
I have so many theories! hahaha.

The story behind the Greville bequest also fascinates me. Royal mistresses, illegitimate children, such juicyness!! And the jewels ultimately found their way back to the Royal coffers.

PriceScopeKayti

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
The story behind the Greville bequest also fascinates me. Royal mistresses, illegitimate children, such juicyness!! And the jewels ultimately found their way back to the Royal coffers.

I'll give that a spin in an upcoming post!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results