shape
carat
color
clarity

The CADs are here! *pauly d. voice*

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Caren just emailed me Peachy's CADs last night. It took every bit of self-control not to E-stalk her on Etsy for updates. The setting has elements of Yssie's swoopy trellis ring (which I always adored, hope you don't mind Yssie!), a 14K rose gold basket and delicate claw prongs. I wasn't sure if it could be done. But Dan pulled it off to a tee.

You don't see the claw prongs in the CADs but Caren assured me that they will add that after casting. This is actually my first time working with CADs, so it's really cool and exciting to witness the birth of a setting.

It should be a few more weeks! :appl:

peachy3.JPG

cad1.jpeg

cad2.jpeg

cad6.jpeg

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Here's the inspiration setting:

3stone.jpeg

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW, it looks great. Can't wait to see the completed ring!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Thanks BrightIce! I can't wait to see it either!

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
eeee! a trellis setting with pear side stones! I love the look of pear sides, but have never seen them in a trellis setting despite all my searching. It's nice to know it can be done!

I can't wait to see your finished ring! I think the rose gold will be divine :appl:

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Kas! I was really nervous about how the design would work, but Dan did a really good job. I didn't think a pear trellis would be possible either until I saw the CADs.

I was also debating between RG or YG, but I really wanted to enhance Peachy's color.

I'm really hoping it look just as good in real life!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That looks SO pretty!! Can't wait to see it finished!

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
That looks brilliant! - enough innovation to make it striking, but classic enough to let Peachy speak clearly. It is gonna look SO cool! Dan is the master at the moment, I swear - he will make this ring be perfect for both Ms. Peachy and you :twirl: :twirl: :twirl:

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW PR!!!!! Peachy in the rose gold surrounded by the tsavs and white gold, Looks PHEN :love: MENAL!!! Peachy is the STAR!! This ring is TDF!!!! That diamond...oh...that wonderful, wonderful diamond. I can't wait to see it. If Caren is sending it off today, it will be done in a week or so. Goody! Goody! :appl: :appl:

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
natsplat|1314219038|2998465 said:
That looks brilliant! - enough innovation to make it striking, but classic enough to let Peachy speak clearly. It is gonna look SO cool! Dan is the master at the moment, I swear - he will make this ring be perfect for both Ms. Peachy and you :twirl: :twirl: :twirl:

Thank you so much for the kind words Natty!! :wavey: I'm so glad you like it, since my taste tends to be on the "unique" side. lol Your words of encouragement really helps, as does seeing your finished ring.

Have you thought about what type of band you're going to pair it with?

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
ZestfullyBling|1314219788|2998468 said:
WOW PR!!!!! Peachy in the rose gold surrounded by the tsavs and white gold, Looks PHEN :love: MENAL!!! Peachy is the STAR!! This ring is TDF!!!! That diamond...oh...that wonderful, wonderful diamond. I can't wait to see it. If Caren is sending it off today, it will be done in a week or so. Goody! Goody! :appl: :appl:

Awww shucks Zesty, thank you so much for the kind words and encouragement!! :D It really helps, and it makes me feel even more confident about the design. It was all a "gut" feeling. So I went with it. You know, I've been stalking your and Natsplat's threads, trying to absorb as much detail of your rings as possible. And they both came out stunning. I even told Caren and Dan in the convos.

Gah, that would be so awesome if it can be done in a little over a week! I was going crazy just waiting for the CADs.

Are you going to get a matching YG band for your ring?

ETA: Laila, thank you! I'm so glad you like it. :wavey:

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
platinumrock|1314221277|2998487 said:

Awww shucks Zesty, thank you so much for the kind words and encouragement!! :D It really helps, and it makes me feel even more confident about the design. It was all a "gut" feeling. So I went with it. You know, I've been stalking your and Natsplat's threads, trying to absorb as much detail of your rings as possible. And they both came out stunning. I even told Caren and Dan in the convos.

Gah, that would be so awesome if it can be done in a little over a week! I was going crazy just waiting for the CADs.

You know, I thought about getting a yellow gold diamond band to match. I'm a non-matchy, mixing my golds kind of girl though. After taking tons of photos, I realize just how much I adore the contrast that my WG sparkly pave band provides ! They are both 18k, together they pack a powerful punch! I'm in love.

I know the feeling, waiting and waiting for your ring. I was chomping at the bits, stalking my convos daily hoping for a 'Caren response'. It will done before you know it. I believe it will be a spectacular piece! :love:

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Um.

I can haz?

Plzzzz???

:love:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for posting the CADs! It's so fun to follow a project to the finish line. Your ring reminds me of a luscious fruit with beautiful green leaves on a vine of gold.

kt

Shiny_Rock
Cool look! But what's the "pauly d voice"??? (sorry for the ignorance!) :oops:

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
ZestfullyBling|1314222101|2998497 said:
platinumrock|1314221277|2998487 said:

You know, I thought about getting a yellow gold diamond band to match. I'm a non-matchy, mixing my golds kind of girl though. After taking tons of photos, I realize just how much I adore the contrast that my WG sparkly pave band provides ! They are both 18k, together they pack a powerful punch! I'm in love.

I know the feeling, waiting and waiting for your ring. I was chomping at the bits, stalking my convos daily hoping for a 'Caren response'. It will done before you know it. I believe it will be a spectacular piece! :love:

I agree, I think the WG makes a nice contrast with your new ring. It really makes it stand out without competing with it.

You can always switch it out with your YG band if you ever want variety.

I love how buttery yellow gold is, especially at high carats. :lickout:

So is this your e-ring or a RHR?

Thanks again for the kind words!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
rosetta|1314226978|2998543 said:
Um.

I can haz?

Plzzzz???

:love:

Hahaa!! Ya you can hazzz. :cheeky:

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
PR--You crack me up!! (the title)

And of course, the CAD's look stunning!! Beautiful!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
pregcurious|1314233151|2998697 said:
Thanks for posting the CADs! It's so fun to follow a project to the finish line. Your ring reminds me of a luscious fruit with beautiful green leaves on a vine of gold.
"
Oh wow, I love your description. I never thought of it like that, but you make it sound so dreamy, like an enchanted place! :love:

I love following other people's projects too, especially when they start out with CADs. It's like watching the pregnancy to birth. ::)

KT, thanks! Pauly D. is this guy from The Jersey Shore show. He always yells out, "The cabs ah heaahh!!"

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow. Can't wait to see the finished product!!

BTW then title of this thread literally made me laugh out loud :lol:

kt

Shiny_Rock
I figured it was Jersey Shore (and I'm from Jersey! :lol: ) but I don't watch it enough to know that's what he says...too funny!! :lol:

Can't wait to see how the finished product progresses! It's really lovely. I'm waiting for some stones to finally get Daniel to do some rings for me and I can't wait!!!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
IndyLady|1314240828|2998849 said:
PR--You crack me up!! (the title)

And of course, the CAD's look stunning!! Beautiful!

Thanks Indy! I'm so relieved you recognize the title. I was starting to wonder if I was the only one that watches that show. Yes, I'm ashamed to admit it. :oops:

Amy, thank you so much!! I love how Ronnie says, "You changed bro!" in his raspy voice. lol

KT, thanks again!! I can't recommend Daniel and Caren enough. They are so nice, professional and they create really nice pieces. That's awesome that you're from Jersey! Is the beach really as nice as it looks on t.v.?

I can't wait to see your upcoming projects!

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
SO beautiful! Looking forward to seeing the final piece!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The color combination is awesome, just awesome!

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
platinumrock|1314220828|2998480 said:
Thank you so much for the kind words Natty!! :wavey: I'm so glad you like it, since my taste tends to be on the "unique" side. lol Your words of encouragement really helps, as does seeing your finished ring.

My tastes are "unique" too! :lol: but it's fun, isn't it?
My wedding band has been given to me by my mum: it's a 1920s 22k yg barrel band.

wedding%20ring.jpg

I shall get married with it, but mix it up with wearing the band on its own sometimes (as I know too much 22k next to 14k can be wearing...). Also I am pretty sure I shall buy a 14k rose gold twisted thin band to wear as an alternate wedding band (but am a little wary of the alloys clashing, so might go for yg instead).

Decisions...! :twirl:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
What are the stats on the stones?? :)

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
natsplat|1314268056|2999058 said:
platinumrock|1314220828|2998480 said:

My tastes are "unique" too! :lol: but it's fun, isn't it?
My wedding band has been given to me by my mum: it's a 1920s 22k yg barrel band.

wedding%20ring.jpg

I shall get married with it, but mix it up with wearing the band on its own sometimes (as I know too much 22k next to 14k can be wearing...). Also I am pretty sure I shall buy a 14k rose gold twisted thin band to wear as an alternate wedding band (but am a little wary of the alloys clashing, so might go for yg instead).

Decisions...! :twirl:

Natty, the band is beautiful! I love high karat YG, especially 18K and higher. Is it heavy? I want to get a heavy gold band like yours too but will probably have to wait until gold prices go back down.

Isn't your e-ring 14k RG too? I think the twist band is a nice idea, but why do you worry about alloys clashing?

Centralsquare and Crasru, thank you!

Amy, the center stone is a 2.56 Peachy Gray diamond and the side pears are .62 tsavorites.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PR,
I'm so excited to see this one completed!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it done yet? The new tsavorites are a better choice than the previous ones.

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
platinumrock|1314323124|2999804 said:
Natty, the band is beautiful! I love high karat YG, especially 18K and higher. Is it heavy? I want to get a heavy gold band like yours too but will probably have to wait until gold prices go back down.

Isn't your e-ring 14k RG too? I think the twist band is a nice idea, but why do you worry about alloys clashing?

Centralsquare and Crasru, thank you!

Amy, the center stone is a 2.56 Peachy Gray diamond and the side pears are .62 tsavorites.

It's fairly heavy, but in a gorgeously-heavy way: nothing that would be uncomfy. I meant clashing as in the colours: my ering is rather on the peachy side of 14k rose, and I'm concerned that it might clash slightly with a more normal pinky rose gold, but I'm probably overthinking it too much (as usual :wink2: )

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results