shape
carat
color
clarity

The Book Game

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zipzapgirl

Shiny_Rock
Fun game - I love hearing what everyone is reading!

Here''s mine:

"Upon learning of his plans, America''s officials congratulated themselves for displacing him from Sudan"
- Where Men Win Glory by Jon Krakauer, talking about Osama Bin Laden

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
"On opening night, a good friend of mine, Jonni Hartman (publicist, mother of the actress Lisa Hartman, and mother-in-law of one of my favorite country-and-western singers, Clint Black) was in the audience."

From Leslie Jordan''s (better known as Beverly Leslie on Will and Grace) "My Trip Down the Pink Carpet"

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
OK, my sentence is really long:

"But experienced from within, the Family was perfectly absurd and--granted its own logic--as perfectly rational as the Catholic dirt eaters of Chimayo, New Mexico, who consider the dusty soil in one small spot in the mountains capable of curing any ailment; or Shinji Shumeikai, an international sect of religious aesthetes who believe that by building modernist architectural masterpieces in remote places they''re restoring the planet''s balance, literally."

-From The Family by Jeff Sharlet

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2010 9:36:00 AM
Author: zipzapgirl
Fun game - I love hearing what everyone is reading!

Here''s mine:

''Upon learning of his plans, America''s officials congratulated themselves for displacing him from Sudan''
- Where Men Win Glory by Jon Krakauer, talking about Osama Bin Laden
I''m not reading the book I quoted! lol It was just on my bookcase *in my office*. All my reading stuff is next to my bed. All other books are in my living room bookcase.

My current read is "The Sparrow." I''m now reading this for the second time. . ."We have no additional formation regarding the fate of the Congat Consortium''s crew member; they are in our prayers." Not a very exciting line!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
"My mirror twin my next of kin"--Leonard Cohen

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
"He was wearing his usual leopard-pattern Hawaiian shirt, walking shorts, and tennis shoes with black socks."

The Sea of Monsters from the Percy & the Olympians series, book 2 :)

LGK

Ideal_Rock
"The self-described therianthropes, for example."

-The Red Tree, Caitlin R. Kiernan

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
This was hard, I have my computer on the desk with bookcases on both sides so I closed my eyes and grabbed! It was hard not to cheat and find something interesting!!!
"But he had never learnt what member of the family had perished in answer to the particular warning he had heard" from Great Irish Tales of Horrer , Peter Haining

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
"April straightens up, dizzy but steadier, her vision clearer."

ETA: Forgot the title (April and Oliver by Tess Callahan). I haven't read it yet but it's on my list.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/12/2010 2:33:33 PM
Author: katamari
''However, it turns out that controlling for first-year grades only modestly reduces the disparity in six-year graduation rates between the top and bottom income quartiles, from 8 to 6 percentage points at the flagships and from 11 to 9 points at the state system SEL Bs (Appendix Table 3.9).''

That''s what I get to go back to after lunch. Jealous, much?

I don''t get it.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results